• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe I've been taking subutex for the last 4 days with no prior use or addiction. will I

deathpost

Greenlighter
the other day i got ahold of a few 8mg subutex over the last 4 days i've taken it. The first day i took a whole one, got really sick. 2nd day took a half of one, the third day took about a 3rd of one, 4th day which is today. I took about a third of one. If I don't take one tomorrow will I have withdrawl? I'm out of them, I've been sharing. I've had opiate addiction in the past but not for many years. I also take clonazepam that i'm prescribed. Just curious what to expect or if I will even have withdrawal? I have an anxiety disorder and am just really worried about how i'll feel tomorrow or the next day and i've tried searching extensively on this site about it and can't find a similar question.
Edit: I've been snorting them. Also first time poster, sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

Last edited:
What are the details of your prior addiction and how long ago was it/how long have you been clean this time?

Taking bupe for only 4 days in a row with no prior or past opioid dependence is not enough to cause physical withdrawal. You may have a slightly depressed mood afterwards but that probably will be it.

Taking bupe for only 4 days in a row with no prior or past opioid dependence is not enough to cause physical withdrawal. You may have a slightly depressed mood afterwards but that probably will be it.

The OP did say that they have had a previous opiate addiction but that it was years ago:

deathpost said:
I've had opiate addiction in the past but not for many years

This means that 4 days of opioid us may be enough to kickstart withdrawals. Unfortunately there is no way for use to say for sure whether or not withdrawals will happen this time.

What are the details of your prior addiction and how long ago was it/how long have you been clean this time?
Used to be an IV heroin, morphine addict, been off pain meds for 4 or 5 years.

Last edited:
FWIW, I feel fine today. Just a little tired. I have loperamide, and my temazepam and clonazepam jic. As well as some gabapentin, which, I'd rather not take. I was just really worried last night. I have taken Subutex anywhere from 2 - 8mg before recreationally but never more than 2 days in a row.

Last edited:
You should be fine, especially with the "comfort meds" you have on hand. As others have mentioned, your prior addiction makes it easier for you to experience withdrawls. Look up the phenomenon of kindling for more information.

Thank you very much. I am familiar with that. When I was completely clean I was in AA for over three years.Thanks again for the re-assurance, really appreciate it.

Anytime! When you were clean clean did you clean up from H/M to subs/tex/done or cold turkey?

I went to a 30 day inpatient. I only did H/M occasionally. They gave me clonidine and clonazepam for 3 days under medical supervision. The only thing I did habitually and what sent me to rehab and eventually jail was marijuana. I stopped smoking over a month ago to get my HCV treated and I do subs or hydros bi-monthly but not on a regular basis.