• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

IV'd meth and now I am physically cold

jarred

Greenlighter
I just done a big shot of really good meth about 45 mins ago and I'm starting to get cold. Don't think it's cotton fever either. Any advice? After rethinking I'm guessing was just a dirty hit. Didn't have any cotton or filter to use.

Last edited:
make sure you are hydrating, monitor your vitals (bp, hr, O2SAT, etc). what's the latest?

Hey it's been a while since my last visit. But I think my problem was just where I had sat or laid still for so long and my blood circulation was low. Thanks for the replies tho.

Hey it's been a while since my last visit. But I think my problem was just where I had sat or laid still for so long and my blood circulation was low. Thanks for the replies tho.

Lol it's not that man. You see the thing, in order to keep you alive, without food, your body has to eat your muscles. While your muscles are being eaten, if you try to use them or move around you get a cold sensation. This is telling me you haven't eaten/slept in a while now :)

If you eat/sleep, the cold sensation goes away and you feel warm because your body moves from eating your muscles to eating food. Basic meth arithmetic there lol. It's not poor circulation, although it can be due to vasoconstriction, it's literally that the peripheral nervous system shuts down in those areas.