• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction IV users: is mupirocin useful?

d3ad!nside

Greenlighter
Hi. (Gosh what an awkward start to this... what is the socially acceptable greeting in this context... good day; hello friends; to whom it may concern? I’m not sure but I digress) I have some mupirocin ointment that a physician gave me because of some kind of skin condition on my hand. I’ve been using it on my injection sites (femoral) post-injection because one of them always seems a little bit infected to me. Is this a suitable use of this drug? (Ointment? Is it called a drug if it’s only topical? Idk) I also was wondering if it would be more useful to apply it prior to injection (not right before necessarily but some time before) because if it kills staph, I would like that benefit at the time of injection wouldn’t I? so the staph doesn’t enter my bloodstream and potentially end up in my heart valve. I searched for the word “mupirocin” on here and all I saw were comments on posts where the person said they were gonna use it, i didn’t see any posts about its efficacy for injection drug use, or how it should be used if at all. Anyways I hope I did this right, if not, I’m sorry. I haven’t made a post like this before. thanks guys xx