• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe IV suboxone withdrawal

trismegistus

Greenlighter
Ok so I know that the BA of sublingual suboxone is much less than IV (30% compared to 100%) and I also know that IV suboxone duration lasts a shorter amount of time.

I've been doing 4mg once a day IV in order to conserve the pills i have left and also because I can't stand the taste or snorting them. Been doing this for about 2 weeks straight to help myself stay off heroin for a little while since I got out of rehab november 3rd. Also before that I was doing 4mg twice a day and I started weening down and got to just 4mg, but since my dad is retarded and dispenses my pills for me, he wouldn't tell me exactly how many I had so I could map out a taper and now all of a sudden "I don't have anymore". He kept thinking I wanted to know how many I had to know how much potential money I could get and sneak in his room and find them to sell. (that's why he dispenses them to me, cuz I used to just sell my pills to get dope)

Since 4mg has the same BA as about 12mg sublingual, how serious would the withdrawal effects be if I can't get a few more to start weening down. Would it be like coming off 4mg a day or more like coming off 12mg sublingual. Also since the IV duration is only about 1/3rd of the duration as sublingual, will that have any effect on the ridiculous 14-21 day withdrawal time?

I am interested in this as well..been on subs since january 4mg sublingual every day..5 months or so ago i started to IV them )around 4mg IV thruout the day) and now am forced to stop with only 2 8mg subs left so i am trying to taper these out as long as possible. I hope since IV goes away faster the w/d will also go away faster.

I have not tried iv'ing subs i have heard it works good but ive been to scared to shoot it cuz ive been on 160 mg of methadone every other day and have not been able to taper down..

I have not tried iv'ing subs i have heard it works good but ive been to scared to shoot it cuz ive been on 160 mg of methadone every other day and have not been able to taper down..

Basically your only option is wait until you are withdrawing before switching to suboxone, to be safe use This chart. For methadone it says to wait unti you score at least 5, but physicians would recommend at least 15 and i would have to agree. Precip withdrawal is far worse than waiting the extra withdrawal time to score a 15.

I still say this thread needs to be merged.

I had to go down to15MG of done before I jumped to sub. Then after 2 weeks on 15 I didn't take anything for 4 days. Still felt funky when I inducted 2mg bupe per half hr. It's tough

You have to do a really gentle taper with Suboxone.

A few years back, I was taking 16 mg twice per day and made a decision to taper myself down and quit. Did that over the course of a month, and though my last few doses were comparatively tiny (like, 1mg or so), I was sick for easily 10 days, finally said "f it" and resumed.

Same thing a year later, was doing real drugs, went to detox and they got my down to zero - my last 24 hours i did't get anything, so i thought I was in the clear. Then I got home, and that's when the shit storm began. Literally and figuratively. Stuff stays in your forever, so even after 24 -36 hours, you're body still has something left in it.

My most recent go around, self-guided, I got down to 1 mg twice per day, with one strip left, and made that strip last 10+ days. The tiny specs I was saving were ridiculous, but by the time i was done, I have to say, that was my first genuinely pain free withdrawal ever. And with that pain-free-ness, I didn't rush out to score the moment I was left to my own devices.

So... Take your time. That's all I can say.

I too IV my subs and that has been my ROA of choice for about 3 years now. I have felt the effects of IV sub withdrawl two times and it was horrible! Once I took a bunch of extras and sold them and ended up running out way too early and not having anything for like 4 days, it was just as bad if not worse than oxy or H withdrawl, nausea, the shits, fever, and just hurting all over for that entire 4 days. I was broke too so I couldn't afford to get anything to get me through. Another time I had to come off them in jail. That realllllly sucked! I started going into withdrawl about 2 hours after I got there since IV sub wears off so quickly and spent like 3 days in there so sick and anxious, just sitting there freaking out not being able to eat that shit they call food or sleep a wink it was without a doubt the worst feeling ever. Not to mention I also take 4mgs of klonopin a day so I was coming off that too! Benzo withdrawls suck even worse, I started shaking and shit in my cell, and they had me in the sick ward because of my withdrawls, so they gave me like 10 mgs of valium to stop me from seizing up every night I was in there, which was just enough to stop the benzo w/ds, but I still felt like total shit. I couldn't imagine doing that for like an entire month or something, I would go insane! Anyways IV sub w/ds suck every bit as much as any other ROA sub withdrawls do from what I can tell. I never want to go through that hell again!

It's going to suck as much as kicking 12mg SL but you're going to feel the withdrawals 3x earlier, meaning after 24 hours you'll probably start withdrawing for real. ^yeah being in jail for four days and kicking is brutal, especially when your in their for some bullshit and know its only a matter of time before you'll be released makes it all the more agonizing, I was in a similar position earlier last year where I got 4 days for this altercation I had with some crazy guy who threw a pipe at my ex girlfriend and had to kick for four days, and I was already 12 hours without a shot when they took me down to Santa Rita. Very terrible experience.

One thing to remember is that the half life of suboxone does not vary depending on ROA, and 4mg is a very high dose, but you peak within a matter of minutes and the drug starts getting metabolized immediately almost whereas with other roa it takes a few hours to peak and then the long process of your body eliminating that dose. You could probably hustle up enough money before you get REALLY sick (sick to the point where that's impossible i.e; actually dope sick). Basically, you got two choices, kick the habit, or make it happen, which you know you can do if you want to bad enough, dope fiends are resourceful. The ideal situation would be to get on more 8mg strip and taper down SL, you could use the alcohol prep method for higher BA, it really does boost it up, and it has the benefit of lasting longer. -Alcohol-and-Suboxone-Alcoholic-Solutions-for-Higher-BA-With-Sublingual-Use