• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction IV r.o.a into neck (not jug)

There is a big vein between your big toe and 2nd toe, rather deep too. For me it required basically the full length of a 0.5" 30ga needle, albeit at a very shallow angle, you can feel it rather than see it. It lasted me quite a while, considering I was shooting #3 heroin, crack/cocaine and diphenhydramine in it. The great saphenous is a fantastic vein to use however. Extremely visible, very large, very stable. I think that vein between the toes may be the origin of the great saphenous.

I think some people’s dorsal venous arch must be closer to the toes and is somehow able to be reached by the needle, I can’t for the life of me understand how anyone could successfully inject into the digital veins, maybe the metatarsal veins if someone is lucky enough I suppose.

e8e4f1261667ce3663338371cff019ac11b10141
lower%20leg%20vein%202.png
vein%20lower%20leg.png

There is a downside to using these veins however. It can lead to chronic venous insufficiency, venous stasis and in the worst cases, pain, lymphedema, DVT and leg ulcers which can lead to amputation. I only used my legs/feet a a few years, but I've been left with pigmentation on my feet, ankle flair and visible spider veins on my calves and thighs, slight swelling and psoriasis that is much worse on my lower legs/feet and itches like crazy. All of this only started to appear right at the end of my injecting use and only got bad well after I quit altogether. I think using the veins in the thighs would be far less damaging than using the veins in the lower leg, if possible. There are more veins that blood flow can be diverted through higher up the leg.

True that. I have CVI in both of my lower extremities now and the venous stasis ulcers were the most torturous hell of pain I’ve ever experienced. My lower legs and feet are permanently discolored dark brown due to the blood leakage and enzymes reaching the tissues. I had to have surgery to have my Greater Saphenous Vein removed on my right leg to end the nightmare. The valves in those major superficial veins are so incredibly important to be functional due to gravity, and there is no cure to repair the valves. It’s also worth noting a lot of the damage happens due to the lymphatic system having to filter the solution, so there is much more damage than to just the vascular system of the lower extremities.

And, I agree injecting higher up in the lower extremities is better, especially because you’re not pushing the solution against gravity and the valves when you inject into the feet.

Once that system fails, modern medicine can’t help you. Take care of it the first time around, I wish I had the knowledge I do now back then and could completely change my behavior and the devastating long term damage I did to myself.

Swing your arms or do push ups. Even wrap in heating blanket if you have one.
I do fetadope but same veins. I rotate. First my hands then arms then legs. Seems to work