• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

IV question-syringes designed for tuberculin testing?

Limpet_Chicken

Bluelighter
Ok then, help me not become a pincushion.

I know how to IV, do not think that I am asking for help on HOW to IV, I know how, although I am not an addict who uses daily, and sticks himself as a matter of course, nor do I IV regularly at all.

Actually, I'm shooting desoxypipradrol here, and not a plan regularly either, just once in a while, my problem is the syringes I have, although I have a couple of regular 1ml syringes, needles are 25g, I would prefer 31+, but that isn't an option right now as my IV kit lacks any smaller than that.

The 1ml syringes aren't really that ideal, as my desoxy is in the form of a 35% ethanolic solution, at 1mg/ml. The other syringes, the ones I am having issues with, are 2 or possibly 3ml, and thing is, it needs diluting with amps of sterile saline, before it goes into a vein, to avoid irritating the veins and causing vasculitis, as well, for that matter, as hurting like a bitch, I accidentally shot a drop or two of solution subcut while pulling out after a shot and owwwww boy, not pleasant.

Problem-these syringes are very short, and the plunger is tight within the barrel, hard to push down, and impossible to pull back a little to register with two fingers, as I would normally do with syringes if ever I choose to IV something, resulting in the needle moving around within the vein and making a right royal mess. They are tuberculin syringes, intended for use in the Mantoux test, short, stubby buggers, and difficult to control, as well as very stiff.

Ideas, people?

Actually, I'm shooting desoxypipradrol here

Why in the name of fuck do you need to shoot a drug that is basically a cluster of phenyl radicals? I'm positive that it's fat soluble enough to be absorbed, oh, any other way but this.

my desoxy is in the form of a 35% ethanolic solution,
Again, why do you feel the need to IV here if you have to dilute and fuck around with syringes not meant for IV injection?

Tuberculin syringes are meant for subdermal injections, not IV or SC. Get some insulin syringes or something at the very least. You can order them off Amazon.

You may have a better time taking the needle off and just plugging the desoxy.

Testing it out really, to see if its any better than plugged (I.e seeing if there is any rush to be had....it seems not. Experiment is over now the vial of saline is used up, not planned again.

Used the other syringes in the end and just did more shots to equal the same dose. I will buy some normal syringes.

Another question, even when definately in the vein, I seem to have a bit of a tough time registering. Chances are, due to my medication (tizanidine, and quite a high dose) my BP is very low, is that likely to impact on the ease of registering much in practise?

Yeah...I don't know my numbers, BP wise, I need to get a meter really, seeing as how one of my hobbies is R&D with/of new interesting substances. But I take a lot of tizanidine, sometimes upwards of 20 mg/day and another 10mg at least at night, my BP has probably bottomed out.

My arm is doing my head in now...I look, and feel like a damn pincushion. I have at least 23 track marks between both arms :/ I must have used so many needles.

And annoyingly I used my very last really tiny needle, I had some that are only about 1cm long, I find shorter needles much more comfortabe to use.

Turns out there is no rush at all with desoxypipradrol, never snorted it, as I put it into solution as soon as I recieved it, in a 35% EtOH/dH2O, but I have used orally plugged and IV, and it just lacks a rush completely....quite interesting I find, given that its such a potent DARI (and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor at around half the affinity it has at DAT IIRC.)

Wouldn't mind trying camfetamine IV though. I keep meaning to try methoxetamine that way but I always end up snorting my way through the bag before I remember:p

I would just acquire some larger volume syringes with smaller gauge/shorter tipped needles.

Reminds me of when I stole a syringe from a Humane Society meant to inject the electronic tagging microchips into pets. I got it home and opened it up before I realized I couldn't do anything with it.

I plan to 'update' my injection kit.

I have a zip up bag full of needles of various types, and syringes, but plan to get hold of a good supply of saline vials, both larger capacity and 1ml syringes, micron filters etc.

I asked my GP where I could obtain a proper doctor's bag and he gave me a website address for them....you know, the old fashioned leather doctor's bags, just for the stylish look, to keep all the essentials, such as injection equipment, epi, local anaesthetic injectable solutions such as benzocaine, lidocaine and a longer acting one if needed such as bupivacaine. And IV antihistamines and steroids. General first aid supplies, as well, of course as my stash=D

I will need IV-able antihistamines, prednisone, hydrocortisone, an alpha-blocker IV and oral tablets, and a couple of epi-pens, to be able to safely keep the pet I am getting, for as soon as I get the tank cleaned and set up with a heat pad, suitable lights, living environment etc, an african fat tailed scorpion (Parabuthus transvaalicus). Unlikely to kill if I somehow get stung, but its capable of squirting venom, as a spitting cobra does, if it gets pissy, and it delivers a LOT of quite potent venom if it does sting, rated about 3.5/4 as far as toxicity goes, with 4 being the worst, such as a deathstalker or Androctonus, 1 being an imperial scorpion, red-kneed tarantula or bumble bee.

As far as tealeafing syringes goes...all mine are from various clinics, and the times my manipulative psycho slut devil whore-bitch from hell former housemate went to the hospital:p

reminds me of when i stole a syringe from a humane society meant to inject the electronic tagging microchips into pets. I got it home and opened it up before i realized i couldn't do anything with it.

lol