• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction IV Product Review Thread

Hello Bluelighters!
Long time reader, first time poster.

Is this thread still alive? I think it could be a useful one.

I have a pile of BD Ultra-Fine 1ml/8mm/31g. I'm forced to rate them ZERO.
I'm going to throw them out. They are so stiff I absolutely cannot register. They are so stiff I can't shoot while keeping the pin steady. I have too many of those little rashes from missing.

I'm fed up! Fuck BD.

Anyway, does anyone have a suggestion for small gauge needles easily found in the bay area? I'm not a heavy user so pin cost doesn't really matter. Also, I'm fine with short needles. But, I want a skinny one that's smooth.

Thanks a lot!

<SYY

Live in Sydney Australia, here there are two main needles you can get for free from exchanges, hospitals, and vending machines.

One is Terumo 27g, the other is BD 29G, both are 1ml orange cap insulin needles.

You can get them in lots of 5 in small box's called fitpacks dispensed by exchanges, pharmacies, vending machines, hospitals, etc.

These fitpacks are a container with 5 needles, disposable plastic spoon, 10ml sterile water, and swabs. The box has a sharps container built into it. So you have everything you need, and a safe place to put the used needles. Very nice little kit. Much better than what I got in Queensland. Which dispenses what are called sharps kits, same equipment except no spoon, and they just put all the items in a plastic bag with a standard sharps kit which is far bigger than it needs to be for 5 needles.

I usually get mine from a vending machine at a nearby hospital, they come with the 29g bd's. Which are ok, they're hit and miss. The plunger is the problem, sometimes it moves fine, other times it's so stiff I can barely move it with my finger.

I much prefer the terumos, and so do everyone I know, cause the plunger always moves very smoothly.

Hello Bluelighters!
Long time reader, first time poster.

Is this thread still alive? I think it could be a useful one.

I have a pile of BD Ultra-Fine 1ml/8mm/31g. I'm forced to rate them ZERO.
I'm going to throw them out. They are so stiff I absolutely cannot register. They are so stiff I can't shoot while keeping the pin steady. I have too many of those little rashes from missing.

I'm fed up! Fuck BD.

Anyway, does anyone have a suggestion for small gauge needles easily found in the bay area? I'm not a heavy user so pin cost doesn't really matter. Also, I'm fine with short needles. But, I want a skinny one that's smooth.

Thanks a lot!

<SYY

In those free injection kits we get up north, we get per bag/kit, 4 vials of bacteriostatic water, 4 Securicups (so no goddamn spoon), in the securicup package is a SteriFilt which is made to inject pills since it's more common than H outside of Vancouver and very southern ontario, the part below Toronto, tried to find H outside in Toronto and couldn't so I never even saw H, which is kinda sad, but IV'ing Hydromorphone all the fucking time is even more euphoric, but in a crack-like way. Anyway, the syringes in there are 27 1/2 G BD's and I like them, sometimes it's 28 1/2 G's but 27 1/2 is the perfect gauge to me. And i'm not about to buy syringes when I can get 2000 for free if I wanted. 31G is ridiculous, you shouldn't use that, BD have nothing to do with this I'm afraid.