• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids IV Morphine vs Oral Hydrocodone, better high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris402

Greenlighter
Hello everyone! Got a quick question.

Out of IV Morphine 10mg vs Oral Hydrocodone 10mg, what would give you a better high? Like that warm cozy blanket feeling. Would the IV be better because it goes directly in the blood stream?

Thanks!
Chris

Uh I mean morphine I and methadone are the only two I'm not aware of really, that being said I know morphine when IVd it's always awesome . Hydrocodone is vicodins narcotic ingredient. I mean I was getting hysingla 30mg xr hydrocodone and was not great..even not knowing the dosage conversion I am sure IVd morphine because IV guarantees potency. Oxymorphone or hydromorphone are extremely potent drugs IVd, whereas orally they are hardly noticeable to Me unless you let oxymorphone build up

A safer way to get a good feeling is to plug in. Almost the same as IV. My advice is to not IV. Keep it simple and safe.

That's like asking what's stronger a 10 mg edible or a dab of high potency shatter... Not only is it a different ROA, but unlike my case you're asking about two different compounds with different methods of action where morphine is a more directly acting compound while hydrocodone action is largely due to the in vitro conversion to hydromorphone.

To say the least obviously the morphine will be stronger if IV while the hydrocodone may not be as strong due to the ROA and it's method of action it would have a longer lasting effect.

Not even close... IV morphine blows oral hydro away.

You can compare oral vs oral with these 2 substances.. because in the opiate strength chart it shows that 10mg morphine is equivelant to 10mg hydrocodone.. both taken orally.

but in that case.. i'd take oral hydro over oral morphine.

But IV morphine takes the cake in this subject.

you have to consider the risk-to-reward ratio. outside of a medical setting, that of oral hydrocodone is better than that of iv morphine. both create the warm cozy blanket feeling.

iv drugs entail great risks in addition to overdosing. ugly risks including flesh eating infections and foreign material accumulating in and hardening your lungs.

Last edited:
Never tried morphine but... Hydrocodone = lets go . Happiness and Energetic.

Hydrocodone is a starter opiate behind tramadol. It is nice contingent on having low to no tolerance. I take 60mg of oxy a day so hydrocodone for me would suck. But I remeber at 16 my first opiate was vicodin (hydrocodone is the narcotic ingredient) and whoaaaa. As I said above morphine is good IV'd similar to issues with hydromorphone and oxymorphone extremely potent drugs when IVd, oral consumption the bioavailability ranges from 10-35% max which is the amount of the drug you will actually enjoy in super simple terms lol. A good answer would be someone with no tolerance and took Hydrocodone one day, the next day takes morphine that would be a way of getting the most legit answer

Not even close... IV morphine blows oral hydro away.

You can compare oral vs oral with these 2 substances.. because in the opiate strength chart it shows that 10mg morphine is equivelant to 10mg hydrocodone.. both taken orally.

but in that case.. i'd take oral hydro over oral morphine.

But IV morphine takes the cake in this subject.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply guys! deff appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.