• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc IV injection of DPH (Diphenhydramine)

Yes there was a rush and I have never done any iv drugs but I was like wow I guess that’s why people get addicted to heroin iv, it was a instant body and mind change . I was surprised I never heard of anyone iv benedryl before because I assume it’s cheap and you can get it anywhere but I’m sure the pill form is a lot different than how it was given in liquid form at the hospitals.

My induction was taking forever and I was mad I could not eat and had not slept in 2 days , I asked for something to relax and sleep like a Xanax or sleeping pill and the iv benedryl was all they would give me , it def relaxed me for a little while .

I never heard of anyone iv benedryl before because I assume it’s cheap and you can get it anywhere but I’m sure the pill form is a lot different than how it was given in liquid form at the hospitals.
Ive only heard of recently, on this site.
I also never even knew it came in liquid/injectable form until yesterday too.
Assuming one could crush a pill and filter off all the fillers and binders and extract the chemical into water or alcohol ready for injection, it would surely be near enough the same?
Extracting/dissolving the chemical from ANY pill into water/alcohol ready for injection is not much different than having the injectable version right?

When i inject K my K isn't from a pharmaceutical vial, its crystal or powder dissolved in warm water and filtered into syringe. The only difference to the vial is it doesnt have 10%(or however much it is) saline in, which i could easily add myself.
....that and i can make my solution wayyyy stronger than the weak ass 50 or 100mg/1ml the pharmacy makes it 😈

I will probably try this with DPH once I get hold of some micron filters. The vial version of DPH says its suitable for IV or IM injection just like K which makes it even more tempting to try, with my veins being in the state they are. I'd be sure to be mega careful to double filter if i was going to IM i know how much more important it is to have s clean solution than IV.

Tumaj have you ever IV'd it?

No. Nver wanted to shoot up anything. Even when I have Hero, I prefer smoking (chase-the-dragon method) or sniffing.

Out of interest, whats your most typical dose of DPH?

I rarely use DPH. Very short acting Deliriant and puts me to sleep While other Deliriants help me stay up and functional therefore. If DPH is the only deliriant I've got, I think I'll combine 700mg -1000mg of the pills with Opium (or other narcotics)

I admit, DPH is more euphoric than organic deliriants that i frequently use. So I can imagine how great u will feel if u combine DPH with hero. (y)

Also, what's the highest dose you've ever taken?
IF u mean dph, I once took 5 bottles of syrup. It made my stomach sooo upset. I chewed aluminium mg to postpone my stomach pain. But The hallucinations were incredible altou tere were side effects like agitation that I couldn't cope with.

@jhjhsdi

Bro, is biperiden over the counter in your current location? Let me know and I'll suggest u a traick to be in the middle of a "fun" delirious state. You can even mix biperiden with DPH.

Good.
Today, its really hard to find someone who likes deliriants. But this kind of hatred is perhaps due to cluless, having no knowledge of what "deliriants really are. according to my personal experience, deliriants can enhance the effect of "nearly every recreational psychoactive". U dont need benzo to double your D.O.C's euphoria.

Last edited:
I have quite a lot of experience with IV DPH its very popular to IV unisom sleep gels with heroin over in Melbourne, Australia, due to what i assume is poor quality heroun. You will find a lot of street dealers will sell one for a bit extra with your gear.

Honestly ive seen people get pretty bad abscesses from continued use and I'm pretty sure i collapsed the vein in the crook of my right arm due to daily shooting up 50mg DPH with my heroim.

As for the effects I can't tell you what it feels like directly as in using it with heroin, i guess when my tollerence was low 100-150mg (50mg IV) the rest eaten would put me in a nice little slumber and potinate the shitty heroin. Now I can take up to 300mg of DPH withl little effect. Even after a week break.

I've also tried what was apprently pure DPH ordered in a large quantity from a clean net site. I would IV doses of up to 200-250mg of that with some tollerence and the effects were not as profound as the pharmaceutical pills. I imagine it was not.99% pure as claimed or i just had higher expectations.

The issue of heroin users IVing unisom (DPH) became so bad in my state the sleep gels went from schedule 3 (Only available at a pharmacy) to simply not selling them at all. Altho I can't find any direct reference to rule/law changes and you have no issue buying in bulk from the states etc.

I got IV dph in an ambulance once. It was much more anxiolytic and sedative that way, and did seem to have a slight rush.

This ancient topic.. I never could prep it right I guess. There was a couple of times I tried to add 50mg of diphenhydramine to a shot of dope but noticed no effect. FIrst time was OTC tablets, second was prescription Benadryl capsules. Although it's supposedly freely soluble, or at least soluble in H2O, the gelcaps must be highly miscible when prepped with water for IV administration, the way those temazepam "jellies" must've been back in the '70s or whenever.

I frequently shot it after doing a shot of heroin & cocaine. I also did it by itself on occasion. I used the pills, which I filtered twice through a rollup filter. At 1st I used the generic diphenhydramine pills, boots own brand usually, because they are much smaller than the Nytol brand, thinking that because there is less to filter, it would be easier to filter and the end solution would be less contaminated. This turned out not to be true and I found better results using Nytol.

Upfront warning: I did not use wheel filters, however I am not sure if it would make much of a difference (in terms of avoiding vein damage, there are other benefits that wheel filters would be useful for) if using IV DPH regularly. DPH is severely damaging to your veins. At first I just thought it was a property of the pill binders and fillers and related to the brand. The generic pills certainly were more painful to shoot and were more corrosive and hardened and collapsed veins much quicker than the Nytol ones, but eventually even the Nytol ones caused the same damage. A wheel filter may help, using a larger syringe and a more dilute solution might mitigate the irritation but I have a feeling it's a property of the DPH that can't be eliminated to a great degree. I once held a DPH pill under my tongue, to see if it would work sublingually and it "burned" me. The area in contact with the pill turned red, somewhat swollen and was quite painful, this makes me think it is damaging to flesh in general. Combine that with shooting heroin & crack/coke and I started to lose veins rapidly. Arm veins were more resilient but I could lose veins in my legs in less than a dozen shots, with veins in the lower legs being more susceptible than those in the thighs. THIS case report shows it happening in a medical setting with DPH designed for IV use, so there definitely is a link between the DPH molecule itself and vein damage. In a non medical setting with the pill binders left in solution, fast injection (The article recommends DPH be injected no faster than 25mg/minute) and repeated injections using the same vein it would posit that vein damage is inevitable.

With all that said, I kinda enjoyed the feeling, especially with a speedball, but even on its own. It was relaxing, reduced anxiety and gave a headspace very different to taking it orally, made me feel quite "light" and "floaty". The sedation was nice too, but if I didn't actively go to lie down and sleep, I could nod my way through it without actually falling asleep or passing out. It was this enhanced nod and the feeling that went with it that I enjoyed the most, though it did have a sort of "euphoria" or fun of its own. I would go up to a maximum of 200mg, spread out in 50mg shots, but for the most part I settled at 2 doses of 25mg each in a 24 hour period.

I didn't read everything, but hey, don't do it. I used to shoot chloropheniramine on occasion and it'll ruin your veins!

After much consideration, I've decided against it.
My veins are ruined already, ive lost nearly all the superficial ones in my arms, wrists and hands from shooting up either cut/high concentration or hot shots of street ket and occasional speed/coke. I need/want to save the few goods one i have left in my forearm for my K use and incase I ever need to give blood or have an IV line in hospital. And I'm not about to start using neck, groin or anywhere lower (unless IM).

I dont need to start shooting something else that is damaging. If i want to use dph to potentiate stuff i will just swallow it. I used to snort it but it burnt so badly, what someone said about holding it under the tounge and it burnt, i can fully understand, when i used to snort 200mg, the drip was so painful on the top of my throat sometimes. Almost unbearable!

I dont put my nose through that abuse anymore, so why should i put my veins through it. Id probably shoot some if i could get the vials made for injecting, but I'm not going to shoot the pills - its probably best that i dont have micron filters around either or I'd end up trying to shoot other pills too.

A massive thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread 💙

After much consideration, I've decided against it.
My veins are ruined already, ive lost nearly all the superficial ones in my arms, wrists and hands from shooting up either cut/high concentration or hot shots of street ket and occasional speed/coke. I need/want to save the few goods one i have left in my forearm for my K use and incase I ever need to give blood or have an IV line in hospital. And I'm not about to start using neck, groin or anywhere lower (unless IM).

I dont need to start shooting something else that is damaging. If i want to use dph to potentiate stuff i will just swallow it. I used to snort it but it burnt so badly, what someone said about holding it under the tounge and it burnt, i can fully understand, when i used to snort 200mg, the drip was so painful on the top of my throat sometimes. Almost unbearable!

I dont put my nose through that abuse anymore, so why should i put my veins through it. Id probably shoot some if i could get the vials made for injecting, but I'm not going to shoot the pills - its probably best that i dont have micron filters around either or I'd end up trying to shoot other pills too.

A massive thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread 💙
That is the righ decision pall 😜