• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin IV Heroin nightmarish reactions

Mamanakkachama

Greenlighter
I recently did a shot in my right arm in a vein I use often and I immediately got this hott painful pins and needles up my arm and on my face along with hives that turned red with white blotches and it freaked me out so bad! And I’m worried is it the vein because I didn’t finish the shot so I did the rest of it in my left arm and it was perfectly fine so I’m assuming it’s not the stuff I was shooting but maybe the area? Did I release something by shooting in a certain part of my very damaged crook of elbow veins? This happened more than once in the same spot so now I don’t shoot there anymore cause I’m afraid since the reactions got worse each time If anyone has any answers I’d appreciate it also my arms and legs fall asleep almost immediately when they’re bent I don’t even have to put pressure and when I go to straighten out my arm or leg my knee or elbow hurts so bad i have to go slow and it’s terrible I don’t know why is this a poor circulation thing? Anyone else have this problem? Also sorry don’t know if this should be in harm reduction or not please let me know if I posted this in the wrong place. Thanks!

Not sure about the reaction but the arm/legs going dead easily does sound like bad circulation.
I get similar in my left arm, and I've destroyed most of the veins there. Pretty much no visable ones left. Does worry me a bit about complications.
It's hard to really see how fucked up shooting into your veins daily is until you stop. The rush masks all.

You sure you weren't in an artery?? I know that feels like that to me.was there a pulse on that vein you went in?

I know this is wasting it in your eyes, but I'd say snort it, that'll give you a good comparison.

Dude the EXACT same thing just happened to me. Never happened before and it is a freaky lil TRIP. It's sort of going away now (abt 20 mins later). Did u ever find out why this might have happened?

Not sure about the reaction but the arm/legs going dead easily does sound like bad circulation.
I get similar in my left arm, and I've destroyed most of the veins there. Pretty much no visable ones left. Does worry me a bit about complications.
It's hard to really see how fucked up shooting into your veins daily is until you stop. The rush masks all.

This. Once all of the decent veins in my arms had collapsed, I stupidly started using the veins in my hands. First those nice fat ones on the back of my hand, then the thumb, palm and knuckles.

When I eventually stopped, my hands remained swollen like two balloons (think 'Comfortably Numb) for about a year. Eventually the swelling went down but I now suffer from very poor circulation in my hands. In cold weather my fingers turn white and my hands go purple/blue.

It's really not worth it.

This sounds a little bit like a histamine reaction. I'm not saying that's what this is, some of the symptoms aren't ones I've personally heard of with histamine reactions (limbs going to sleep). But the hot painful pins and needles and such does sound like a histamine reaction to me.

I've had something similar happen with some batches of heroin. I think it's because of other opioid alkaloids, like morphine or especially codeine, being in the batch. I don't know the exact cause and I only had it happen for a while with a particular batch here and there, but when it happened it was similar to your description. You shoot up and feel this sensation of hot painful needles in your face or chest. Usually lasting a couple minutes.

Again this may not be what's happening with you, but I thought I'd mention it since noone else has.

Yeah I was going to say the hives are a histamine reaction so a zyrtec would help.

Lots of bad circulation issues in other drugs today, from more than one drug.

Keep safe guys :(