• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Iv heroin issues

ovo1024

Bluelighter
So i only switched to IV from smoking BTH about 10 months ago & I'm already having issues. Can't hit running out of veins etc how the he'll are certain people slamming for 10 years and shit? Anyway I have never hit my legs and want to try. Btw I'm a guy who's naturally tall and skinny. My hands and arms basically don't work much anymore.

Always using a fresh point, or at least one that isn't dull as hell, helps.
My trick was never using the same spot cinsecutive times (same vein, sometimes but always a different spot on that vein at the very least.) but I get it, as this shit gets a tighter hold on you, that dosen't always happen.
And of course there are the basics to help find a vein. Stay hyderated, jog in place or do push ups before you hit. Use a tourniquet (or make one).
In all honesty it really comes down to knowing your own body. I had a few veins in my arms and a few spots along each vein...I'm glad I put down the needle when I did because my arms were in rough shape and I recently went to my neck shortly before going on Subs.

I use top of my thighs cause I have rolling veins & very small veins in my arms & it's a nightmare. If you put a flashlight on it, you can see the outline of veins in your legs. If its super dark, close to the surface so short needle is best. Its so much easier for me this way. Plus you have both hands this way & way less chance of someone seeing marks. Rotating where you hit is key. If you hit somewhere dont use the same spot for 2 or 3 days so it can properly heal. If you have a sweet spot, thats guaranteed easy to hit, I wait to use it til I have to hurry before people come or you gotta leave. That was best advice I got. Lol Definitely stay hydrated & calm. If you get agitated it never works, set it down a couple minutes & calm down then try again. My rule is if I dont get it by 3rd try, I go down a large glass of water, wait 20 min or so & 95% of the time, when I try again, its easy. Hope that helps!