• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

IV Dilaudid given in hospital versus pills purchased on the street and self-injected

Steve Merkle

Greenlighter
First of all, let me start off by saying that I have a history of kidney stones and that is how I was introduced to IV Dilaudid in the first place. Eventually I found connections on the street and I started banging them myself. However, what I am about to discuss has always puzzled me. When I end up in the hospital with a kidney stone, I am generally given a shot of either IV 1mg or 2mg of Dilaudid. For some reason (tolerance aside), I feel like I always get a better rush when I am only given 1mg-2mg in the hospital versus when I self-inject 4mg or 8mg pills that I buy off of the street. If anything, the rush is the same but to be honest I would have to say it has been my experience that the rush I get in the hospital with the smaller dose is always better. Why is this? The solution given in the hospital is obviously pure and much cleaner than the pills that are dissolved in water. Could this be why I feel the hospital rush is better than the street rush?

As I said, this has always puzzled me but it was brought to the front of my mind again last night when I ended up back in the hospital with yet another kidney stone. I was initially given a 1mg IV shot of Dilaudid and the rush was nothing short of exhilarating. Then today, I bought some pills off of the street and I injected 4mg and IMHO the rush was just as good as the rush I felt last night in the hospital off of a 1mg shot (if not better). Am I crazy, or what? Any insight would be greatly appreciated! :)

By the way, I purchase the name-brand 4mg yellow Dilaudid pills with "P" on one side and "4" on the other side.

On a side note, the 4mg yellow "K4s" were before my time. These were the yellow pills that had a "K" on one side and a "4" on the other side. You can still find pictures of them by conducting a simple Google search. They were pretty much identical to the P4s that are currently manufactured today except for "K" versus the "P." I have been told by various people older than myself that the K4s were much better than the P4s. For those of you who had the pleasure of shooting a K4, is there any truth to this?

Thanks in advance!