• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine IV coke & hearing/ear damage?

enter the void

Greenlighter
When I IV coke I get this borderline painful pressure pressing inwards on my ears - does anyone else get this? when I do enough, I'm afraid that my eardrums will actually burst - is this possible? Furthermore, is it possible to damage any other part of the ear or hearing?

For the record, this pressure I refer to is distinct from the tinnitus/train sounds/bellringer sounds brought on by IV coke or crack.

I think that what you are getting is referred to as a 'bell-ringer' and it is very common with the use of crack and IV coke. I'm not sure about the damage it may be causing, but I know it's common for people to experience this.

Sometimes I have this painful pressure and a "bell ringer" simultaneously , sometimes I have the Bell ringer alone, other times yet I have the pressure alone. They are different to me.

The bellringer I believe is some kind of tinnitus, which is damaging to hearing as far as I know but you would probably have to be injecting a lot of coke thereby getting a lot of tinnitus in order to do any actual damage. What i'm hoping to learn is whether IV coke can cause any acute, serious damage to the ears or hearing - thanks.

Last edited:
The painful pressure is literal pressure, increased blood pressure to the ear. Cocaine is also ototoxic and there's no telling what the rush of cocaine and high blood pressure can do to your ears.

Personally I don't see how anyone could justify IVing cocaine. I could see a drug that has a cleaner effects profile, but cocaine just seems reckless.

Interesting. I get this on meth, usually on day two with no sleep. The sensation I have is that one ear will be effected in a way that pressure or congestion is felt when swallowing or doing those other actions that would cause the cracking or change in pressure in the ear.

Often unconsciously it results in digging in the ear and usually ends in the sensation of mild pain or pressure in the ear and jaw area. I used to wonder if it was ear related or jaw tension or clenching related.

Anyways, i definitely get ear shit when using meth so i would expect similar effects from coke. Normal yes, safe or good for you? perhaps not.

its just the stimulation and blood pressure increaseing and pumping thru ur body so fast, and the lack of oxygen people claim causing the bell ringer, but who knows

when ya get such a good rush sounds/feels like all the air is being sucked out of the room.

ahhhhhh.

yeah and it sounds all metallic, if that makes sense, like woosh but much sharper

and music fucking sounds amazing when u r IVing coke, the beat and bass has such a like clearer smoother sound, its weird!

when ya get such a good rush sounds/feels like all the air is being sucked out of the room.

ahhhhhh.

I would only get this from H though, not stims. H would cause exactly how the bell ringer is explained. Loud intense rushing sound in the ears and and an obvious sensation in a change of pressure bodywide. Seems i might be more effected by the drop in blood pressure from H then the increase in BP from stims.

Wow this is an old thread, no worries, it's a classic effect experienced by users, known as the "bell ringer"

I hear weeeee woooo errrrrrrrrrrrrr hummmmmmnmmmerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeereeeebreeeeeeeeeee

Almost like when u put your ear in one of those shells and can hear the ocean.

I experienced the same when I did IV coke. It is almost like you cannot hear anything for 10-20 seconds after the injection and then BANG all kinds of sounds and impressions returns again. It is an intense feeling.