• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine IV Cocaine - What to do if you miss

Afterm4th

Bluelighter
Hello bluelight! It seams like years since I've last logged in!

I would like a little advice in harm reduction!

I've banged heroin and other opiates before and from what I was reading on a thread from bluelight the general rule is that should you miss a vein to put warm water on it, and rub the injection spot as to help it absorb into your body.

Is the same true if you miss with cocaine? I read on another drug forum some one suggesting that they should put ice on it. I read somewhere else from my google searches that the person should ignore the abscess and it will go away. It's at times like this I can really appreciate bluelight.

Help me out here, BL; If it's not infected and it's just an abscess should I put warm water on it?

Thank you, bluelight, for your years of being there for me.

if it is in fact an abscess i would get it looked at by a dr or trained professional, we ca only do so much on the internet.

Thank you sir, for you prompt reply.

I dont really know what the difference is between an abscess and a small bump.

I guess my question really is this; if you miss, should you use warm or cold water on the injection site.

PS: the image you've used for your avatar has always creeped me out

spice-shop.jpg

LOL. I dont like horus.

Hadith - Bukhari 9.245, Narrated Anas

The Prophet said, "No prophet was sent but that he warned his followers against the one-eyed liar (Ad-Dajjal). Beware! He is blind in one eye, and your Lord is not so, and there will be written between his (Ad-Dajjal's) eyes (the word) Kafir (i.e., disbeliever)."

Not saying I believe any of that, but I've always found it creeps the shit out of me.

Yo fuck that religion shit. Don't let it scare you man. That's the whole point of it, to freak you the fuck out until you start believing the nonsense!
It's a game, it's all a game. They're trying to control you but don't let that happen cause FUCK THEM that's why!

I mean, who are THEY? To have any right to control your thoughts and actions?
Do rights even exist ? I mean, who makes rights? Rights are just an invention of man.
You have no rights! No one has any rights to do anything. We should gang up on them and show the world that we mean business.

HAHAHAHA oh bluelight. How I have missed thee.

Ok back to the original topic; Cold or warm?

Warm. Do not, under any circumstance, use steaming hot water. Avoid if at all possible.

LOL wtf is that? :D:D:D:D I like it! Fucking awesome lol, where did you find it?
It's made so it gives you the impression that it's moving but it's actually just a picture.

If you miss then applying something warm is good, encourages blood flow to the area. If you get pain/warmth/swelling/redness then it could be an infection/abscess and it needs to be checked out by a doctor ASAP..

Take a look at the IV complications megathread. Your risk of complications is lower if you pay attention to being sterile, but introducing foreign material into your subcutaneous tissue does carry risks, so keep a close eye on it. The principle is the same whatever is in your shot. Do not ignore it! :)

Help me out here, BL; If it's not infected and it's just an abscess should I put warm water on it?<<<correct me if I am wrong, but isn't any sort or sign of an abcess clearly infection? Otherwise there wouldn't be an abcess.

OP, the safest thing you could do for yourself is seek medical attention to clear this up with antibiotics. Anything else would be short-changing your health.

An abscess is when it gets infected. The reason you get swelling when u miss is cuz all that water that was supposed to go in to your bloodstream is just sitting under your skin instead. It only becomes a problem if it sits there for a few days and has a chance to grow bacteria. (if it's getting pussy or keeps getting bigger or you have a fever, you need to go to a doctor, but usually your body eventually absorbs it and it goes away)

Use warm water and rub it like u would do with dope, that increases the blood flow to the area so that the water and coke get absorbed into your bloodstream faster.
I don't think ice is a good idea, ppl probably use it cuz it makes the swelling go down but i'm thinking it would make less blood go to the area, which would make it take even longer to go away.

Last edited:
Iffie and ixy thanks for the clarification.

mareseatoats, thank you for the concern, but I guess this isn't an abscess at all. Honestly, its a small bump that's about 95% gone since I made the original post. It was nothing to go to the ER about. If it had started swelling, puss or seeing dark lines down my veins at all I definitely would seek medical attention.

BluLait, gold star via google image search :D

The first time I banged coke was last night. The second time was about 2 hours ago. It's not exactly what I expected at all. I've smoked crack one time, but i've sniffed lots of coke.

I was imagining this to be something like a rush from when you shoot dilaudid. Its like a really clean coke high without the sniffily nose.

Im not that impressed to be honest. I cannot see myself getting highly addicted to this. At this point I dont really see myself shooting coke again, ever. The setup time and the track marks really isn't worth my time. I usually use coke as a social drug; take it before you get to a party, do it with close friends at the party etc.. Shooting drugs really isnt a social thing and thats probably why Im not impressed.

Thank you very much BL.

mr.scagnattie, I read your original post. Thank you for your input! Knowing your personal experience gives me a perspective.

Thanks.