• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine IV cocaine overriding opiate withdrawal?? Can a science-savvy someone explain this?

Amphetamine has made opiate withdrawal acceptable for me for a short time but I don't recommend this for obvious reasons.

The second time I managed to not slip and fall from a massive Dilaudid IV habit, was the very lucky fact I had an appointment with my neurologist the day I ran out and was out of money, I even woke up late to take the bus so I took a taxi to the bus terminal to get into the the right bus at time. Then he scripted me the usual whenever I see him (once a year/1 year 1/2) a 12 count refill of 1mg clonazepam bid and topamax. Topamax I didn't take for long, but it has real use in opiate withdrawal, I don't pretend to understand it, but it has something to do with AMPA receptors and also he added clonazepam over my diazepam, which I imagine really helped....also I was in love with a girl and was suddenly much more into abusing dexedrine...

You might be lucky and have something like this going on. Please don't go back, circumstances all going my way that time I view as a sign by the "universe" that I wouldn't get another chance, Im saying that 2 years later with suboxone melting in my mouth. Good luck OP.

The times I've done coke or meth while on a rattle it made me feel better yeah. Problem is that those drugs are not exactly any better than a dope addiction. Yeah it'll make you feel better but it seems like a smashing way to start off a polydrug addiction. Better to go get some methadone.

the only thing I hate is that I have all this energy, but I still feel like shit, and I dont know what to do with myself. Its like spraying some air freshener on a pile of dogshit. It makes it more bearable but you can still smell the shit plain as day.
Plus my wife is one of those people who can kick dope like a champ, and since she doesnt need anything to make it through, why should I? If I do coke while we're kicking, it's like I have to sneak it and that just adds incredibly to my anxiety. Before when I was by myself I could get geeked out and clean the house. Now I have to sit and type really long posts to keep occupied.

Yet at the same time she goes nuts kicking xanax, and I can do it without a problem. She's such a hypocrite.

Ugh. The idea of shooting coke with being dope sick is horrible to me. Talk about making it 10x worse when you crash...

I've done it and it makes me want to crawl out of my skin even more so than just normal dope sickness.

Ok so myself and my wife are on day 3 of quitting a pretty big oxy habit. I feel so bad for her and I myself don't know how much longer I can take it. My question is would adderall help? At this pointi am open to any suggestion. Even an ounce of coke if I have to. I just DONOT WANT TO GO BACK TO OXYS.

I have to agree, i snorted 10+ bags of H a day and tried quiting using subutex the very next day and felt like shit. Hot and cold sweats, restlessness, etc. Two weeks after that did not work, I tried using about a gram of coke a day (with no H) for about 4 days in a row, with a lil xanax to help sleep. After those 4 days, i started on a small dose of subutex (2mg) and felt absolutely normal. The cocaine for me absolutely helped me to transition from dependent H use and withdraw, to minimal symptoms bridging the initial 4 day gap with about a gram of coke each day. May not work for everyone, but def helped me during those crutial 3 to 4 days after completely stopping using H.

Cocaine use does the opposite for me, it aggravates my opiate withdrawl and makes me feel much worse