• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

IV Clonazolam

We use ketamine for this state side, it's on almost every ambulance, and every jail. and I've know some people that will purposefully act belligerent, to go to the k-hole! Lol

- Hopeless 7nos

Our paramedics are allowed to carry and administer up to 10mg of Ketamine and the same amount of Morphine, both for IV for on site first aid use. They are used purely for analgesia though - generally the morphine is used first, and if it is insufficient to control the patients pain or if there are dangerous or extenuating circumstances (say, a persons leg is trapped under a burning car and the only way to free them would be to perform an emergency amputation) then they can give up to 10mg of Ketamine IV for purposes such as this.

Unfortunately, if you suffer from a psychotic illness and start behaving in a dangerous manner in public, the Police are used to detain the patient and make them safe (as unlike us, they are allowed to use mechanical restraints for incidences like this) and if they are still really disturbed by the time they are in the safe custody of a police station or hospital, then the usual rapid sedation protocol using the Clopixol and Lorazepam is employed.

So, unfortunately, if you live in the UK and want to pretend to be mad in order to get K-holed it ain't going to happen. If you fancy having a serious car crash and don't mind spending the rest of your life maimed however, 'the sky's the limit baby'.

Oh yeah, there's no rush associated with IV Clonazolam or Flubromazolam.

source : personal experience.

Our paramedics are allowed to carry and administer up to 10mg of Ketamine and the same amount of Morphine, both for IV for on site first aid use. They are used purely for analgesia though - generally the morphine is used first, and if it is insufficient to control the patients pain or if there are dangerous or extenuating circumstances (say, a persons leg is trapped under a burning car and the only way to free them would be to perform an emergency amputation) then they can give up to 10mg of Ketamine IV for purposes such as this.

Unfortunately, if you suffer from a psychotic illness and start behaving in a dangerous manner in public, the Police are used to detain the patient and make them safe (as unlike us, they are allowed to use mechanical restraints for incidences like this) and if they are still really disturbed by the time they are in the safe custody of a police station or hospital, then the usual rapid sedation protocol using the Clopixol and Lorazepam is employed.

So, unfortunately, if you live in the UK and want to pretend to be mad in order to get K-holed it ain't going to happen. If you fancy having a serious car crash and don't mind spending the rest of your life maimed however, 'the sky's the limit baby'.

This isn't quite correct Stee. UK paramedics can go up to 20mg IV morphine and for ketamine it's much more complicated as it goes on bodyweight and also as to whether given as an infusion or a bolus (plus top ups). There's actually a quite comicated formula for administering ketamine and I get a kind of crib sheet card to calculuate it as it depends on many factors.

As for parental diazepam we use an emulsion solution called diazemuls and it's always given IV for treatment of seizures usually through a large bore cannula.

Sorry G I thought you had already stated that you could only carry and admin up to 10mgs of morphine but I obviously hallucinated that particular piece of fiction. I know about the basic ratio regarding the ket admin (1 to 4.5 mg/kg when given IV?) in relation to body weight but I got the amount that you guys apparently carry from Google (serves me right that one) - It was an off the cuff response and of course I didn't have our ressie lifesaver on hand to clarify the details - the main point was that we don't use dissociative anaesthetics to manage and sedate mentally disturbed people who pose a risk to themselves or the public.

Edit - is the emulsion in the diazmuls the same as the prep in the rectal tubes?

Last edited:
Oh yeah, there's no rush associated with IV Clonazolam or Flubromazolam.

source : personal experience.

PS - Im sorry for going so badly off the thread topic but to be fair the OP has had a good selection of responses, and I have included what I think is the most succinct above.

As far as I know it's what it needs to be dissolved in that's not nice to your veins. That's why I suggested plugging it. Like everyone states they'll never give you a rush but since your "looking to decrease the length of the onset", it'll do just that.

Atleast you understand my point, everyone keeps saying I wont get a rush... thats not what im looking for im lookint for faster relief.

Personally I don't like anything up or near my ass. I cant deny ive looked into plugging but just dont like the fact i have to stick a syringe up my ass and pretty far up there or it will be a waste haha.

Sorry G I thought you had already stated that you could only carry and admin up to 10mgs of morphine but I obviously hallucinated that particular piece of fiction. I know about the basic ratio regarding the ket admin (1 to 4.5 mg/kg when given IV?) in relation to body weight but I got the amount that you guys apparently carry from Google (serves me right that one) - It was an off the cuff response and of course I didn't have our ressie lifesaver on hand to clarify the details - the main point was that we don't use dissociative anaesthetics to manage and sedate mentally disturbed people who pose a risk to themselves or the public.

Edit - is the emulsion in the diazmuls the same as the prep in the rectal tubes?

Yeah the morphine is in 10mg/1ml amps which is then diluted to 1mg/ml for titration but you can go to 20mg in extreme cases.

The ketamine comes 10ml vials and dose depends on what you're trying to achieve....obviously general anesthesia requires more than general relief of pain does...

You're right though we can't just sedate folk just because they are mentally disturbed (although some would argue that we should be able to).

Yeah the IV diazepam preparation and the rectal preparation are both called diazemuls and are both a milky white emulsion of diazepam/PG/benzyl alcohol and water (IIRC) but I'm not sure of they are exactly the same stuff. The rectal stuff comes in little tubes and the IV in ampules. I imagine they may be identical inside though...