• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe IV Buprenorphine/Antihistamine FAQ v. Back From The Dead

Hydroxyzine is Rx unfortunately here too, but it's very easy to get, one of the most scripted things for allergies, I was first prescribed the 25mg green buggers (Atarax...we don't have the inferior Vistaril (pamoate) version here) for my sole but very strong allergy to birch which is everywhere even inside town here, there's one 3 meters from my bedroom's window...so my doctor agreed with scripting me the 50mg red ones...goddamn those things smack you hard when you never had them / rarely take them, it's a shame hydroxyzine doesn't put me to sleep as hard as it did I wouldn't need benzos, but all antihistamines stop working after a while, like the overpriced stuff like Unisom in the aisles where one could just get generic benadryl and save almost 200% on price, diphenhydramine to the naive works well one night, didn't work if taken two days in a row.

Based on the OP, does the combo with benadryl make buprenorphine leave your system faster or did I read that wrong?

If anything I'd think DPH would slow down the metabolism of buprenorphine.

Yes, regardless. This is just based off the idea that DPH can inhibit liver enzymes that metabolize buprenorphine. In terms of what I remember taking the two, it wasn't really noticeable either way (although my intuition leads me to think it would have extended the time buprenorphine hung around in my system).

"
Is the duration effected by using buprenorphine IV?

Yes. Due to different rates of absorption, the duration will be effected. Anecdotal reports suggest the duration is around 8 – 12 hours, compared to 18 – 24 with intranasal administration, and 24 – 36 with sublingual administration. Take this into consideration before going through with this. It is quite possible to run through a supply of buprenorphine before being able to get a refill due to over usage of the drug. If you are on maintenance and depend on your buprenorphine, please think extra hard before doing this. Make sure you will be able to ration your supply so you aren’t left without any way too early."

Ahhh see I did misread, this was talking about iv bupe alone compared to other roa's. Lol in short, my question was pointless haha

THE_REAL_OBLIVION said:
It's the only way to reduce tolerance, they can't script me 7mg of bupe so I take 8mg one day and 6 the other, it's been a process longer (I was at 12, jumped to 10, made it but spent some last day without takehome cos I couldn't endure it sometimes. Anyway after that, the silly 10,8,10,8,10,8 etc. started...and now since 2 months I hold myself at 6 one day 8 the other, although more benzos and a new script of chloral hydrate to take less pills helps a little.

I know it's been a few months since your post here, but the way they were reducing your dose is ridiculous in my opinion. I don't know if you're on Suboxone/Subutex or some generic, but there are generics at both 8mg and 2mg with elliptical shape that can be reliably divided into 2 parts by hand once you get some practice, they are too fragile to cut with a pill cutter in my experience. If you are on strips, then it may be different as supposedly buprenorphine is not spread evenly, it's hard for me to believe that could be the case, but I've never used strips so I can't say. Anyway, my daily dose has been 6mg for some time and I usually collect my takehomes as 8mg and 2mg pills so that I take half of an 8mg pill and one whole 2mg pill a day, but I split my dose into 2x3mg, so my single dose basically consists of a quarter of an 8mg pill + a half of a 2mg pill. Honestly speaking, I can't imagine tapering off buprenorphine if you can't get below 1mg. If I were to start tapering now and eventually reached 1mg a day (half of a 2mg pill), I'd probably start preparing solutions from 2mg pills to go lower (e.g. 0.75mg, 0.5mg, 0.25mg and so on).

^^

Mixing CNS depressants like benzos and opiates, even a partial agonist like bupe, is never a good idea. It's especially dangerous if you're using it to get high and don't have a tolerance. Somebody on bupe maintenance who is also scripted a low dose benzo for anxiety is one thing, but trying to increase your nod and get high off bupe by mixing it with benzos is quite another. Not a good idea and not safe.

Your advice is clearly sound -- can't fault it. I've known too many that've died because of that exact combo. It seems odd giving out advice like that in a thread that's discussing IV use of bupe/antihistamines. I wouldn't have thought there's too many folk that've progressed onto shooting up their opiate maintenance meds for a thrill that don't know about Opiate/CNS Depressant issues.

I understand why you posted it, but it just struck me as odd.

Edit:

This thread is such a funny read to me. I thought I was the only retard that had started shooting his subs and it eventually becoming an issue of its own. I thought the problem was so niche that I'd likely not come across someone that could relate to the issues with doing it. Being frustrated that you destroyed your veins with subutex when you've got real drugs to inject is so relatable. I started shooting them because it was a 'rush' if I'd not had them a while but now I find myself lacking control of how much I'll do in a day -- I get nowt from it and pay for the pleasure when the script runs dry before I'm due to pick up more. I just enjoyed the ritual of shooting them initially too but now it's becoming a bit of a chore to wake up early to get my meds in me.

So depraved that subutex has become an issue rather than the solution it was intended to be.

Last edited:
A lot of questionable info in this thread ; maybe iy should be retired , or restarted - Mods, what ya think?

trl��

What information? Most important thing to know about IV bupe is don't even bother. Its utility far outweighs what it offers recreationally. Bupe at its most pleasurable isn't something to get wild about but putting a band aid on your opiate habit is priceless.