• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe IV Buprenorphine/Antihistamine FAQ v. Back From The Dead

so I've been doing this for about a month and today is the day I stop. I've gone through about 4 boxes of sleepinal which worked really well and I started to love the dph rush if you can even call it that. I was even doing shots of just dph no bupe towards the end. I went to cvs and they were out of sleepinal so I got 200 capsules of cvs brand allergy caps, containing 25mg of dph each. I realized they were fucking up my needles, and with a brand new needle after injecting half the solution the action gets stuck. this happened earlier today and I pushed through and noticed I'd missed pretty much the entire shot (1cc). there was a huge swollen spot on my arm that feels like a breast to be frank. it freaked me outand was numb at first. thankfully it's not red anymore and I did a hot compress and it's just slightlly sore now.

so if your thinking about doing this, dont get into it. I liked how I slept like a baby on it but got addicted to the shitty rush. the other day I calculated how much diph I'd done and it was over 800mg, by the night time I was feeling like I'd shot a ton of coke, paranoid, jittery, hearing voices.

So now I'm just going to take the capsules at night if I'm having trouble sleeping.

If anyone decides to do this, don't. but if you still decide to do it make sure you only use sleepinal. those are the safest, but they're nowhere near safe and contain talc.

has any one experienced rectal diphenhydramine?

ok so I've tried this twice so far, and I got no rush whatsoever. I did 25mg of dph the first time and 50mg the second time, both with 2mg bupe. I couldn't find sleepinal so I got wal-dryl (walgreens benadryl) I mean its just diphenhydramine so it shouldn't make a difference. Am I doing something wrong? The caps are 25mg each, I dumped 2 into a spoon and used 1ml water, but after letting it sit for 10 min and sucking up the top layer, I was only able to get about 60 units back into my rig. Maybe I didn't get the full amount? Or maybe 50mg isn't enough?

I was reading the first page here and hmm...is Capn' Heroin joking ? 3-5mg of hydroxyzine ? The 10mg atarax were withdrawn from the market here because this is an absolutely useless dose. I get the 50mg ones which are red gummy balls, the typical dose is 25mg though, they look the same, except are green and say 25 on them except of 50.

How could someone prepare just to take 3mg of hydroxyzine from such pills is ridiculous. In canada we only have Atarax (and in generic form), no Vistaril (the pamoate). Anyway I only saw the 10mg pills once and it was from a doctor so afraid to script me something for sleep all I got was 10 10mg hydroxyzine from him before they were taken out of the market.

Just sounds weird, like when he says 1mg of IV'd Dilaudid was a strong experience.

First time I shot up was 2mg and yeah, that was good, but not overwhelming, but that's another story entirely.

I'm very new to this forum, as a poster... But have been reading or trolling bluelight for many many years. Just felt like adding my 2 cents - I bang my Sub strips multiple times a day, and have been doing so for maybe 6 months? Since last summer.... Anyway, I have no access to micron-filters, I just just cotton filters a few times, and it works well. I have never had any issues shooting the subs, just mix with warm water very well and draw through cotton a few times.

This Sleepinal/Sub IV combo interests me though... I have a friend who was shooting sleeping meds (unsure of what kind) and subs and used to nod out like crazy! I never considered it until today when I thought about getting high, and decided not to but the urge for a nod is still present... So I have Vistiral (Hydroxizine) pardon my spelling, I think 50mg per capsule. I've read that injecting Hydrox is a VERY BAD idea. I plan to ingest some Hydrox orally, and then shortly after inject 2mg of Sub.

I just wanted to confirm though, that trying to melt down he Hydrox contents and shooting it is a very very bad idea???? I've read a few mixed reviews, so I'm unsure.

Thanks!

I've always found bupe to be quite edgy, quite an atypical opiate when it comes to the way it feels but i find that 25mg dph, prolly more like 15-20mg, never bother tryn to get everything back, mixed in w .5-1mg max of bupe does an excellent job of taking away that "edginess" and allows me to sleep if i take a dose too late in the evening, normally i can't take it at night if i want to sleep

Hey guys, anyone here notice that the 50mg sleepinal capsules have a little ball in the middle? A friend of mine (whom i informed of this wonderful way to get fucked and destroy your veins) pointed it out to me and I couldn't believe it.

Sleepinal capsules have a ball of pure diphenhydramine in the middle, if you cut your cap (CAREFULLY) and pour it out you can't miss it! I will take two caps and get the two pellets out, which break very easily I might add, and mix em up and prep my shot as usual. It's much easier to filter as there's much less fillers and I get the SAME effect.

Just an easy way for anyone who's tired of all the talc getting in the way to bang these bad boys with your bupe.

(To those without wheel filters: stuff a qtip worth of cotton into a rig and you have yourself a good enough filter to get your dph solution crystal clear. Only good for one to two uses max by the way.)

How much worse is it to miss a sub/dph shot. I had .5 bupe n ~25mg dph in 70 units (fucking mad water for dph tabs) any way last night I missed like 10 units of that shot, shot it into big vein near wrist, but upon awaking this morn i had a slight tingle in my hand which has subsided, no redness and only slightly swollen and sore to touch. Should i just treat this like any other missed shot n.keep an eye on it or is there extra precautions to take w said solution.
Thanks all

For what it's worth in the interest of harm reduction I thought I'd add some information for those who aren't obtaining their Buprenorphine through pain medication clinics (or don't mind where they obtain it) and wish to reduce the harm they're doing when injecting it that's inherent even after filtering pills for injection.

Transtec patches - I can't speak for any other brand of patches but Transtec Buprenorphine transdermal patches are widely used for IV here because they contain few or no water soluble fillers and so you can prepare a solution that is almost entirely just Buprenorphine and water, and then filter it for extra safety.

So how do you extract a patch? Simple, Transtec patches come in various different sizes, from 10mg to 40mg, with different microgram per hour release rates - the release rate is irrelevant though without getting into price discussion in my experience the larger patches tend to be available at a cheaper price per milligram.

Once you have your patch, you'll see it's attached to foil, and that in the middle in a raised bump - that's the matrix that contains all of the active Buprenorphine. What you want to do is take a piece of paper, cut it to the exact/almost exact size of the matrix, and using a ruler divide it into equal sections equivalent to the amount of milligrams in the patch - for example 40 equal sections if you have a 40mg patch. Now overlay this paper over the patch and cut off a segment, I'd suggest starting low since you'd be surprised how much stronger low doses of Buprenorphine can be, for example 0.25mg IV in my past experience has been more potent than 8mg sublingual. So for example cut out a 1mg segment, then cut off all the extra sticky part around the segment with the matrix since the sticky section around the side contains no active ingredient.

Once you have your 1mg, you can divide it into smaller doses, like I said I'd recommend starting off with 0.25mg even if you have a tolerance just to get a feel for Bupe IV, 0.25mg of pure Buprenorphine IV will also produce greater effects than 0.25mg of Buprenorphine in Suboxone IV, I'm not 100% certain why but it's possible that Naloxone blocks Norbuprenorphine and/or other active metabolites of the Bupe (at low doses there isn't enough Buprenorphine to block other actives, but any amount of Naloxone will). If you've already IVed Bupe in the past at low doses and it didn't work for you then you can start higher, but if you haven't tried a low dose, even if you've been IVing higher doses for a long time now I'd still recommend starting in the 0.25-0.5mg range and seeing for yourself, low doses really can be stronger. So cut your segment into the appropriate size for whatever dosage you want to take (i.e. if you want to IV 1mg just cut out 1mg, if you want to IV 0.25mg then cut out 1mg and cut out 1/4 of that, or just cut out 1/4 of that to begin with)

Separate it from the foil, and if you're careful, with a knife or scissors you can remove the patch coating which should reveal a thin strip of clear plastic. To extract the Buprenorphine you'll need around 1ml of water per 1mg you extract, but it's advised to use 1-2ml of water even for smaller amounts just because with water the extraction process can take a long time and you don't want your water evaporating leaving you with nothing to inject.

Leave the solution for between 1 to 24+ hours in a sterile environment where bacteria won't form in the solution (there are various things you can add to the solution to sterilise it if necessary) - the longer you leave it the more of the Bupe you'll extract, normally if you were extracting for another ROA you'd mix the water and make a half water half ethanol solution and the extraction would be done in 1-2 hours, but with IV you don't want to be injecting 50% ethanol, and with water it can take up to 24+ hours to get the full amount out, though you can just put a larger amount of the patch in (i.e. 2mg if you want to dose 0.25mg and wait 1 hour instead of putting in 0.25mg and waiting 24 hours) and wait less but your dosage will be less precise then so it's better to wait.

Once you've waited the required amount of time, make sure all your equipment is sterile including your injection site, filter the extracted Bupe through into your syringe and you're ready to go. Much safer than injecting pills or strips :) and it also works out much cheaper since patches are nothing in comparison to the prices of Subutex or Suboxone - though since we can't discuss prices here I can't say how much.

Hope this helps :)

So it seems like some questions are being asked and answered, and some questions are being overlooked due to the discussion of different antihistamines causing a cross-relevancy issue.

(I am personally interested in hydroxyzine)

A question was asked about injecting the hydroxyzine pamoate capsules... C.H. had previously mentioned that they are not water soluble, but will they work orally to potentate I.v. Bupe?
And if not, am i correct in inferring a concensus that the hydrox tablets should be injected 10mg or less at a time due to vein irritation?

Hi guys! I don't know if this is the place to write this but by reading some of the posts i guess it is :D Speaking of bupe combos,i found out a new way for nodding preety good.Some of this u may now,but i have 1 secret ingrediant like every fine druid :D And after i tell u about it,tell me if it's safe to use...So..Before iv'ing the bupe i take 1 or 2 5mg diazepam pills (whitch is probably well known round here) and take them along with one 5mg Helex(Alprazolam) pill.It's antidepresant by the way and it helps u go to sleep.After 20-30min i get a preety nice feeling and sometimes i nod,because i have no benzo tolerance...I know it is dangerous to take benzos with bupe but i read somewhere that if u use a small dose of benzo(5-10mg) u'll be ok...Believe me the feeling is good but tell me if it is safe to do...I have a friend who mixes bupe dissolved sollution with diazepam-apaurin liquid(ampule).Tell me if that's ok.I think it's not but i want ur opinion anyway...
Have a nice day! :)

^^

Mixing CNS depressants like benzos and opiates, even a partial agonist like bupe, is never a good idea. It's especially dangerous if you're using it to get high and don't have a tolerance. Somebody on bupe maintenance who is also scripted a low dose benzo for anxiety is one thing, but trying to increase your nod and get high off bupe by mixing it with benzos is quite another. Not a good idea and not safe.

I've been meaning to point this out for a while, but IV Hydroxyzine is contraindicated.

Like codeine, it causes hemolysis(among other things) and is never, ever used IV in a medical setting. Indeed, they do not even know the BA of hydroxyzine, as they can't administer it IV/IA.

I know that Captain H had done it, but he used very low doses, like 4-6mg at a time. Apparently at those doses it's ok. But the standard doses used oral/IM is 25-50mg, and in some cases as much as 100mg.(orally, I doubt they'd use such a dose IM)

Personally, I think hydroxyzine should be removed from the front page, as it is clearly lethal. I mean if 1 person injects a 50mg tablet and ends up in the ER or worse, that is simply unacceptable. At the very least, it should be noted that hydroxyzine IV is contraindicated, and if done,(which it shouldn't be) only at VERY SMALL DOSES.

Thanks, and here's a link(though since every source in the world agrees, I don't think it is in dispute):

http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/a?dbs+hsdb:@term+@DOCNO+3098

(Note: It can also cause anaphylaxis, but the frequency of that AE is difficult to determine, as it is used exclusively as an IM injection)

Last edited:
Uh

Some of you people are seriously fucked up and need some serious fucking help. For cripes sake, WTF is with shooting everything? Suboxone is not meant to be injected. Not saying I haven't done it or would I ever do again but some of you guys would shoot dirt if you though it would get you high. Seriously I went to treatment about 5 years ago where I leaned how to stay clean. I learned never to fuck with stuff that you have to shoot because they're always so good that you don't want to stop. Then you get caught shooting another hit at 1pm on Tuesday from a bag that you bought on Saturday that you've been hitting off of it for almost 4 days. Then you're fucked when you start feeling sick as fuck first thing in the morning where if u can motivate yourself you'll be driving to a shitty neighborhood risking getting shot for jack shit.

Does anyone do this and swear by it? Looking for a non-benzo way to add to my subutex high. Ive already cut down to doinh 1.5mg daily IV and i find if i wait 24hrs between shots, i certainly scratch an itch that's not supposed to be scratched if you catch my drift ;)

Some of you people are seriously fucked up and need some serious fucking help. For cripes sake, WTF is with shooting everything? Suboxone is not meant to be injected. Not saying I haven't done it or would I ever do again but some of you guys would shoot dirt if you though it would get you high. Seriously I went to treatment about 5 years ago where I leaned how to stay clean. I learned never to fuck with stuff that you have to shoot because they're always so good that you don't want to stop. Then you get caught shooting another hit at 1pm on Tuesday from a bag that you bought on Saturday that you've been hitting off of it for almost 4 days. Then you're fucked when you start feeling sick as fuck first thing in the morning where if u can motivate yourself you'll be driving to a shitty neighborhood risking getting shot for jack shit.

Some People can't afford $9 a strip.

You seem very judgemental and should do some reasearch. Doctors go well beyond the ceiling effect, which makes things worse, really.

I don't like double posting, but we need to fix the front page.

1. You CANNOT IV Hydroxyzine, it causes hemolysis.(*)

It's only given IM, as the HCL salt, and that is pointless

2. Promethazine Can be IV'ed, but you simply cannot MISS.

Also, Promethazine mean BA ~25%(IIRC), range 15-40%.

IV Promethazine therefore is therefore 3-4x as potent as oral.

50mg IV = ~150mg, based on BA could be Anywhere 125-250, but triple is fine; if anything BA studies for Promethazine seem to seem to underestimate PO potentcy.

Though it is double is double is to double to triple potency, this should be mentioned, and along with it's strong anticholaergic(misspell) properties.

This and Hydroxyzine should be mentioned, this is already shaky territory.

I just ask :)

Lorne

I don't like double posting, but we need to fix the front page.

1. You CANNOT IV Hydroxyzine, it causes hemolysis.(*)

It's only given IM, as the HCL salt, and that is pointless

2. Promethazine Can be IV'ed, but you simply cannot MISS.

Also, Promethazine mean BA ~25%(IIRC), range 15-40%.

IV Promethazine therefore is therefore 3-4x as potent as oral.

50mg IV = ~150mg, based on BA could be Anywhere 125-250, but triple is fine; if anything BA studies for Promethazine seem to seem to underestimate PO potentcy.

Though it is double is double is to double to triple potency, this should be mentioned, and along with it's strong anticholaergic(misspell) properties.

This and Hydroxyzine should be mentioned, this is already shaky territory.

I just ask :)

Lorne

Hydroxyzine is powerful enough already when eaten. The 50mg red boogers do the job indeed, a couple does give me a high when I don't take bupe for a while on purpose. Need to be taken with an empty stomach before and then wait 20 minutes and then use bupe the way you want it.

By the way for tapering purpose and because it is isn't available in Canada this way, I am obtaining 0.2mg Temgesic capsule, fuck the police, I'm sure these would be very safe to IV. Buprenex, the thing we don't have here but that I know about is 0.2mg injectable ampoules right? or .3?

It's the only way to reduce tolerance, they can't script me 7mg of bupe so I take 8mg one day and 6 the other, it's been a process longer (I was at 12, jumped to 10, made it but spent some last day without takehome cos I couldn't endure it sometimes. Anyway after that, the silly 10,8,10,8,10,8 etc. started...and now since 2 months I hold myself at 6 one day 8 the other, although more benzos and a new script of chloral hydrate to take less pills helps a little.

As for promethazine, we can get it OTC for insomnia, nausea and allergies in my country, don't even attempt IM'ing the stuff if it is the solid blue 50mg tablets.
If you have the country-wide compound pharmacy capsules with the pure powder in it...a bit less dangerous, still I'd just eat em, they work really well too.

As for bupe...it is so unpredictable, I was having TMJ and lower arthrosis pain and I couldn't sleep despite one 0.25mg Halcion and one 30mg Temazepam, I waited a bit and just had a 2mg tablet and I feel great now, I'll sleep awesome.

Last edited:
Buprenex is 300mcg(0.3mg).

Though they often double it.

Temvwgis should be fine, you could do 300mcg, then 200mcg, 100mcg, etc. Good Luck.

I wish we had Promethazine and Hydroxine OTC in the states...