• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe IV administration of buprenorphine troche/gummy

beezwax

Bluelighter
Hi guys! Ive been lurking on BL for damn near ten years and have only posted a couple times. I know this is a harm reduction website and I am looking for some advice. After an epic battle with opiate addiction I am currently taking buprenorphine. Currently the only buprenorphine that I have access to is in the form of a sublingual troche/gummy. It is nearly the same consistancy as a gummy bear. It is about the size of a postage stamp and it is grape flavored. it is a square scored with a (+) to divide it into four pieces. They are sold by a compounding pharmacy. I have not heard too much about these but I know the ones that I am getting are potent. I am paying way too much for these and I need to get more out of them. I am on the verge of attempting to IV them. I was iv'ing the suboxone films for a while before and I could get by on about .3-.4mg per day, whereas when I use them SL I have to do around 2mg to get the same result it seems. I know this is dangerous and I am ONLY looking for any input on how to make this safer. This is what ive done so far.

I put a small piece of the gummy (approx. 0.4mg) into a cooker.
2.) Mixed 1cc of water
3.) Heated lightly(w/o heat the gummy would not dissolve)
4.) The remaining liquid is clear with a purple tint and is slightly viscous.
5.) add another half .cc of distilled water
6.) Filtered and refiltered 5 times with a tightly rolled cotton(I know a micron filter is needed however I will end up IVing this before i am able to obtain the filters)
7.) the remaining liquid in the syringe still has a slight purple tint but it is no longer syrupy and the liquid tastes SWEET

I am wanting to know if there is anything I can do that can possibly make this safer. Is there anything I can mix with the gummy to get it to break down and dissolve without heat? If anyone has any experience with these troches I would appreciate any input. Thanks again and please don't bash me. I know this is incredibly dangerous and do not condone anyone else using these in this manner

-beez

I've heard of some places making this generic forum of bupe but it's not common... and, it doesn't sound fit for IV use at all..

You said you can't get micron filters but that is really the only way to make injecting it safer.. that gummy shit should not be in your veins man.

Yeah, you are right. I just thought if somehow I could reduce the viscosity that it would somehow be safer. *pouts*

No way to make this safe. Just as an excercise I would suggest you let the solution completely cool after heating it and seeing if it regelatinized after cooling a bit. If so, u would be insane to ever shoot that again ( and if it doesn't that by no means is suggestive that it is safe).

Without a micron filter it's pure insanity

it did not re-gelatinize when it cooled off....it was nearly the consistancy of water.....still a no-go i guess....I just wish someone had experience with these troche/gels and knew a good way to use them other then sublingual(that was somewhat safe)

I would strongly suggest against heating a gelatinous substance for IV prep. A gummy? Risky! The strips are risky enough...

I ended up iving about 2 mg andd taking 2 sublingually. Wont be doing it again. Its good enough sublingually. Pics if anyone is interested. I got the prescription case n all. U keep em in the fridge0_o

Without micron filters it wont be safe for IV, but the next best method would be to plug that solution. Just prep it like you did but theres no need to filter if you plug it.

No way in hell would I do this. Nothing like gelatin flowing through the veins.. I have shot the strips, which I'm sure are not the best for ya, never pill, for some reason on a best to worst on yr veins goes like this : Best: Films(barely any binders) Pills(haa binders, but filter multiple times or micron filter) Gumminies: I don't want no fuckin gelatin goin through my veins just filtered, or micron filtered

Wow this thread is an absolute train wreck. I audibly said "please don't" out loud while reading the OP. There is nothing you can do to make this safe.

The fact that one reply asked how it went because they also are about to do it.... What the fuck guys. How many times can I filter gasoline with cotton balls before I can inject it?

You are clearly intelligent enough to be articulate..

OD >>>>> BL Shrine

Request 8Mg

I've been taking the same thing for about 2 years, except i get them in 8mg, try asking your Dr. to up the dosage so its the same as suboxone. Like everyone else said, STOP FIRING them. ;)

Hi guys! Ive been lurking on BL for damn near ten years and have only posted a couple times. I know this is a harm reduction website and I am looking for some advice. After an epic battle with opiate addiction I am currently taking buprenorphine. Currently the only buprenorphine that I have access to is in the form of a sublingual troche/gummy. It is nearly the same consistancy as a gummy bear. It is about the size of a postage stamp and it is grape flavored. it is a square scored with a (+) to divide it into four pieces. They are sold by a compounding pharmacy. I have not heard too much about these but I know the ones that I am getting are potent. I am paying way too much for these and I need to get more out of them. I am on the verge of attempting to IV them. I was iv'ing the suboxone films for a while before and I could get by on about .3-.4mg per day, whereas when I use them SL I have to do around 2mg to get the same result it seems. I know this is dangerous and I am ONLY looking for any input on how to make this safer. This is what ive done so far.

I put a small piece of the gummy (approx. 0.4mg) into a cooker.
2.) Mixed 1cc of water
3.) Heated lightly(w/o heat the gummy would not dissolve)
4.) The remaining liquid is clear with a purple tint and is slightly viscous.
5.) add another half .cc of distilled water
6.) Filtered and refiltered 5 times with a tightly rolled cotton(I know a micron filter is needed however I will end up IVing this before i am able to obtain the filters)
7.) the remaining liquid in the syringe still has a slight purple tint but it is no longer syrupy and the liquid tastes SWEET

I am wanting to know if there is anything I can do that can possibly make this safer. Is there anything I can mix with the gummy to get it to break down and dissolve without heat? If anyone has any experience with these troches I would appreciate any input. Thanks again and please don't bash me. I know this is incredibly dangerous and do not condone anyone else using these in this manner

-beez

I have the strips and IV them all the time. Probably not good for me.

But also, why? It wears of much more quickly (my eyese are full blown huge and I need a shot when I was up) and gives no rush (I shoot 1mg about 6 times a day). The reason I do i is to not be blocked from heroin for long and I'm in a lot of pain. But I called the methadone clinic a couple days ago and everything I though was in my way was not.

Can someone upload a picture of these troches, can't seem to find any on the internet.

this is terrible man , IV bupe addiction , back in the subutex days left me without barely any veins. But i'm still lucky I haven't gotten cardi-vascular issues on account of shooting pills with talc 2 a day with onky occasional micron filtering.

Can someone upload a picture of these troches, can't seem to find any on the internet.
I have been on Subutex for about 2 years now And had never ever. Heard of these until just now. What they are is the pharmacy basically has the medicine in powder form and can make different dosages that isn't the normal 8mg. For example they can either mix the bup with another drug all within one gummy, or make specific dosge like maybe only 3-6 mg instead. Anything that doesn't exist I'm pill form