• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

its a fact... drugs actually increase your lifespan!!!

muzby

Bluelighter
well, i'm gonna start by letting you know that i am extremely trashed at the moment, and this thought came to me on the way home... and it makes perfect sense!!

now. as an example, we are going to use a young man who goes out one night, every weekend for exactly a year...

now, through all his partying, he manages not to sleep.... so, normally, he would have gotten 8 hours sleep per nite...

so, 8 hours per weekend, times 52 weeks = 416 hours...

divide 416 hours by 24 (for hours in a day ppls..) and that gives the young man an extra 17 1/3 days of life that he has lived, compared to if he had not gone out...

17 days is over half a month... not a bad extension to your life...

although, this theory doesnt work with things like ghb, cause g causes your body to age faster, and you also sleep more...

also not with pot, cause pot turns you green and also makes you sleep more...

and whatever you do, dont smoke weed and do ghb, or you'll end up looking like yoda....

*can i also add that i getting some wierd hallucinations rite about now... every shadow turns into a hot chick in a trucker cap... weird..*

hahahaha i like the theory!!!

maybe the strain drugs do on your body level out the extra hours you've spent awake though...unfortunately our mind and body aren't designed to be tweaked often by chemicals

I think of it this way... if you look at every double-day resulting from a missed nights sleep as one day, Im really 14. ;)

Oh, and dont forget to take in relative time, too.

If you're on stimulants for example, and end up thinking 20% faster, then you've effectively lived 20% longer for that time, as time to us is all relative... increase a persons perception of it, and for them it may as well be really increased.

So you're tired at the end of a weekend? No wonder... you've really been up 6 days. ;)

There's also a school of thought that says you are born with a finite number of cell replacements, reflected in a variable timeline from birth to death. How quick you use them up, determines how long you live. It's a bit like a long journey. Run, and you arrive at
31.gif
's door faster than if you'd just walked.

A-birth --> RNA encoded turnover Numbers --> B-death

Some prefer to view it as a total number of heartbeats you are bestowed, a bit like an Energiser battery. Light load - battery lasts, increase the load, shorten the life expectancy. However, as I was a distance runner for many years I don't like this concept much at all :p

Drugs may well make you live longer, but I would doubt that holds true if you're still going hard at 50 - even if this is restricted to once a week. Recovery takes longer in general, although the subtle variations in memory etc. may not seem initially as though this is in part responsible.

Cognitive function becomes a measure of someones togetherness at this age. In other words, people do start to lose it more, and drugs don't often make it easier, and that's the reason I think most people give up. Peer pressure, and it usually comes from those who were hardcore at age 20. (the old reformed smokers' rant)

Despite perhaps having a wild youth-midlife, it's well observed that those that do give up around or before old age, do often live longer than their straight counterparts. After 30+ years of Yee Haring, many of these people seem to retain 'spark and awareness' well into old age.

Perhaps it not the drugs at all but simply the soul of the individual. Drugs or no drugs, some people see this way from beginning to end. Like my girl's 98 year grandmother who first smoked pot at 83. Although she'd never seen pot before, she spotted an attempt to roll one unnoticed. Quick as a flash she asked what it was. When I told her she said "Give me a look?" She opened the bag, took a big whiff, looked up and said " Are you going to roll one up?" Having a Desire to experience. It's everything and no doubt largely responsible for her quick witted responses and an even quicker eye for anything unusual or potentially intriguing.

I could argue both ways on this topic as could most people. Recently, several publications on this subject have been made, including findings that for some people who get no real exercise, caffeine may provide an essential stimuli for the heart muscle. Exercise in a cup ;)

isaac asimov wrote an essay in the '60s called "the slowly moving finger".. it's all about the relativity that colors one's experience of the length of one's life. the more stimulated you are, the slower time seems to progress, whereas the more sedated you are the faster time flies. as such, hummingbirds, whose heartrates are often in the thousands of beats per minute, may perceive their short lifespan as being as long as a human's, with our comparitively slower beating hearts.

i know the theory wasn't posted completely seriously, but it has some truth. drugs won't make you live longer, but they may make you feel like you've lived longer.

Reminds me of something my Grandad used to say:

If you quit drinking, you might not live longer, but it'll sure seem that way.

Still makes me smile :)

You actually use less oxygen while sleeping and the process the oxygen goes through within our bodies is what causes the aging process. So by staying up longer, you'll actually die younger...

^ Dude don't know where you got that idea from but if you can find something to back it up I'm interested in reading it...

phase_dancer said:
There's also a school of thought that says you are born with a finite number of cell replacements, reflected in a variable timeline from birth to death.
31.gif
's door faster than if you'd just walked.

But if you could figure out a way to replace telomere length or to stop it from getting shorter, theoretically replaced cells after division would not be damaged and you could live forever... (Barring fatal accident, disease and what not)

Apparently this doesn't look to be unachievable...

The condition in that pathetic Robyn Williams movie is caused by being born with short telomeres. Although the poor kids with this condition look nothing like Robyn Williams. Try picturing a 50 year in a 4 year olds body, gaunt face etc. Still with that natural childhood curiosity but with all sorts of painful afflictions like arthritis and weak bones. Sad, sad stuff... (Genetics can be cruel).

Umm.. Found a site that sort of explains it... Better than I can anyway...

Telomere and ageing

Fuck it who wants to live forever... (I'd be happy with a few hundred years though just to see what more we find out about ourselves, life, the universe and everything :) Unfortunately if curiosity killed the cat I'm definately next in line)

Oh and about the drug thing, I'm sure any extra hours you gain by staying awake would be negated by destruction done to your body by said drugs, as has already been mentioned. Maybe if you stay up a few nights a month without drugs...

Last edited:
muzby said:

*can i also add that i getting some wierd hallucinations rite about now... every shadow turns into a hot chick in a trucker cap... weird..*

hahha what happened to the clouds turning into hot chick... or did i read it wrong :S

/me also much scattered

^^^^ hehehe.. nah dude, the clouds were doing that as well.. i was lying outside for a while, getting a very nice show...

but note to self: in future, keep off the laptop when trashed..... :\

muzby; Dude could email me about 1/2 a kilo of whatever you were on when you composed this thread. For instructions on how to do this just consult the "Can you fax acid thread".

;) =D

Well my old man is 54 in August and he is a pisshead, I mean aren't all Finnish people are pissheads? he drinks quite a bit and he looks like late 30's but he is actually nearly 54!

Does this count?

Muzby: "although, this theory doesnt work with things like ghb, cause g causes your body to age faster, and you also sleep more...
also not with pot, cause pot turns you green and also makes you sleep more...
and whatever you do, dont smoke weed and do ghb, or you'll end up looking like yoda"

Absolute gold!!!!
Love this line of thought

Beech out

Hey it worked for Iggy Pop !!
And Keith Richards is still alive..... and Ozzy....
(although they all do kinda resemble yoda in some way shape or form...)

That's right up there with the "drinking to excess makes you smarter" theory.... the most "sluggish" neurones are generally the weaker ones at a cellular level. These cells have membranes that are more permeable too ethanol, thus when alcohol is in the system the sluggish cells have a relatively higher ethanol concentration within them. Therefore these cells are the first to be killed off during a big booze up......

The net result is that as slower neurones are destroyed, you are left with a greater proportion of efficient neurones, faster synaptic transfer, thoughts get around quicker.... all in all a higher IQ!

or something like that :)

Last edited:
Re: beech

Originally posted by doofqueen
weed and g go perfect togther..what are you talking about? :p

i think muzby's line was a joke in reference to the two together turning you into yoda (g's "ageing" properties and weed's greenness) :)