• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

items to bring to inpatient

AmbarrZ

Bluelighter
first timer going to an inpatient for probably 30 days.
i am curious as to what you brought that you found helpful or that you wish you had brought.

i have no clue what to bring but im assuming a weeks worth of comfortable clothing and my own hygeine stuff.
journal becuase i love writing.

please share youre experience.
thank you

i am curious as to what you brought that you found helpful or that you wish you had brought.

i have no clue what to bring but im assuming a weeks worth of comfortable clothing and my own hygeine stuff.

thank you

going to an inpatient for probably 30 days
My fist suggestion would be to contact through email and/or pohne to acquire appropriate info (in pdf prfereably but whateva). If asking about "non-sanctioned" items (which this comes from my perspective been in the shit ok - not you lol ).
But male. so.... And as a juvenile to top it off !(~12ffs).
Surely they will have updated material from the mid 70s. ;)
Hope the best for ya and also hope there is a support of some sort that has your 6 always

Updates...?
Plz?

thank you
Whenever I have done inpatient detox I always take a journal, and colouring in books and coloured pencils/markers. Colouring in is so relaxing and passes time.
And maybe take a good book or two if you like reading.
I wish you all the very best for the detox! I hope you get all that you need out of your time there. Update us when you can <3

Hey we'll move this post to a better forum where you will get more views. This one is for analyzing/testing drugs.

It really depends on the detox you're going to. They should provide you a list of stuff to bring (or not to bring) before going in.

Generally, other than things like toiletries (some will provide these to you), I only bring my phone, phone charger, some books, a journal and some pens.

That's really all I ever need in rehab. I personally like to spend most of my free time reading books.

maybe also an mp3 player if you have/want one? that's about it - however some detox might be nazi and need to "approve" your music

Comfy clothes , journal and pen , 2 or 3 books off your shelf that you have been meaning to read and haven't.

Your own shampoo and toothpaste. Body wash. Their's are gonna be like hospital quality. Maybe some nice body lotion for after your shower.

Probably won't get to keep your phone so write down any numbers ( family and friends ) you might need. Probably have to use their payphone so you might want to load a phone card before you go in . Every place is different but go in expecting phone to be secured in their lock up.

Other than that......go in with a good attitude, do everything they ask of you, and I hope this is the chance at your second life.

:cheer:

@n3ophy7e good afternoon. OP has 2 identical threads open ( probably just an accidental double post ).

When you get a sec, can you please merge the two.

Thanks lady.

I'd suggest a some music. They might take your phone so it doesn't hurt to bring in an old iPod or something if they do. Music helps alot when dealing with the good shit (recovery) and the not so good shit (drama, politics)
I also always bring a few towels. Never have enough and I hate the ones some places give you.
A few board games you like don't hurt. Especially weird ones or card games. Alot of good times playing Catan and the like for me.
This is a weird one but it's your call I do it.
A plant, like a young tropical pot plant
It'll give you something to look after and that relays on you for water and to get sunlight. If things don't go great too (hope things do go good for you tho) and you end up in a bad situation and it dies or worse you can no longer even keep it because you relapse or something (once again I hope it doesn't this is a example from experience) then use that dying or gone plant as a sign that things in your recovery might not be going great.
Other then that lots of hygiene shit and nice and/or comfortable clothes.
They will have books and shit. Maybe if they have a instrument learn it otherwise go for runs or other workouts and get feeling better. Or both lol.
All the best hope to hear things are going well in the future.

Stuff to read. Journal(s) more than one if you're a prolific writer. If they'll let you have your phone bring it, if not load up an MP3 device with a bunch of stuff on it: music, podcasts, audiobooks. Really anything you enjoy that will allow you to remove yourself from the misery of hard detox.

Edit: Your own shower and hygiene stuff. If you subscribe to a faith or ideal or something, bring relevant reading. I would suggest a book on meditation or something similar. I really like "Being Peace". It's quite good regardless of your faith.

Last edited:
i left what i thought a legit response
not gonna cry about it but if not found will do a repeat.
thank

i left what i thought a legit response
not gonna cry about it but if not found will do a repeat.
thank
Please don't cry for me Argentina I jump around threads like a deranged monkey and fail to check notifications.

so if they are like me they surely don't keep up with replies but I am growing tired of being like a zoo animal people look at but don't converse with

i like what has been suggested thus far cannot really add new stuff will try to build upon

what not to bring should be obv don't bring drugs. The best stuff I brought? A Buddhist book I got from my martial arts school which was the first introduction by my Master I have become lost & estranged from.

I should have brought more patience, tolerance, and humility and of course remaining open minded when you hear stuff you might not agree with or even know isn't valid scientifically

Last edited:
Snafu is right about books. They while away the hours and you can just disappear into a different world.

... Though I gotta say 10 wild horses wouldn't have dragged me into a place like that. Voluntarily incarcerating myself in order to be patronized rigid from morning to night? Not for me. Xd

Good luck though. And take more of those books than you think you'll need because you'll be ploughing through them at an unprecedented rate (I did during a hospital stay).

Honestly you couldn't separate me from my books in rehab, I take them everywhere.

You don't really get the best casual conversation in rehab, people don't talk much and when they do it's usually recovery related or random druggy shit.

I read the entirety of LOTR, Dune and several Stephen King books including IT in rehab.

I have very fond memories of getting lost in those books in rehab.