• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe It happened to me...PW from immodium

roxi2873

Bluelighter
I had been taking between 40-80mg lope every other day for about the last month. On the 14th I got ahold of some fentanyl laced heroin and overdosed. I was literally dead for 2 minutes but narcan saved my life. After that I decided to just get back on sub maintenance. I just got my strips today. I was still doing the Imodium thing every other day but I waited 36 hours before my first sub. I thought I would be safe because i had waited pretty long and I was skeptical lope could cause PW in the first place......WRONG. I was wrong as fuck! I took my first strip around 1pm and was expecting to get a nice buzz out of it but I was disappointed. My nose started running really bad and had some minor stomach discomfort. I don't know why but I took another strip about an hour later. This time I dissolved it in a little water and squirted it up my nose thinking that I would surely get high this way. After all, the only thing I was actually dependent on was about a 30 pill Imodium every 2 days habit. Then things got really bad. It felt like my stomach was doing somersaults. I started farting constantly and was doubled over in stomach pain. I kept thinking that the buprenophine would take over any second but I just kept feeling worse. Finally, after about 2 hours of my guts turning I sat down on the toilet and took the biggest dump imaginable. All that time abusing loperamide had caused me to get quite backed up. It seriously all came out at once almost. I had to flush the toilet 3 times. After that I started sweating really bad and snot was just pouring out of my nose. I didn't really get any body pains like you would from PW caused by a good opiate dependence like heroin or oxys but the gut issues were just as bad if not worse. Finally at 7pm I decided to take one more strip just to see if it would help. I feel much better now but learned a lesson. Loperamide will cause precipitated withdrawal folks. I shit you not lol.

Yep this was discussed a few years ago, and the conclusion was, since lope is a full agonist, it would indeed be perceptible to pwd. Did you take a full 8mg strip? Imo, lower doses are less likely to cause pwd, that's why I always induct with less than 1mg.
Glad everything is kosher now though!

- Hopeless Soul

I actually read the discussion on here about it yesterday. I did quite a bit of research about it before I inducted. What I concluded was that it probably wouldn't happen because of the BBB issues and if it did it probably wouldn't be that bad. I did take a full 8mg strip for my first one. What other people were saying for the most part was the PW caused by lope would mostly just be the gut issues. I can confirm this is true. It basically just caused me to get a really runny nose and the stomach problems. It's actually a good thing I got myself cleaned out though. I didn't get any of the CNS symptoms of PW with it. No body aches and general feeling of death, just my stomach doing flips and diarrhea basically. Overall it wasn't bad.

^ yeah and a lot of the thread was only theories, I'm glad you opened this thread and told your story, now when people in the future are thinking about inducting sub, after lope, they'll have someones actual experience to go by!

- Hopeless Soul

Wasnt quite active at the time and forgot to post my results on here but most posts were basically 50/50 if lope would cause pwd with subs of the many posts on here and other sites i read. Well over the winter i tried a lope program to get through a week or 2 of withdrawl from a decent iv dope habit. Normall after dope i need to wait atleast 36 hours to be able to do a sub without pwd at all. However 1mg at around 24 hours and the pwd isnt too much worse than my current state and only lasts for maybe 30 minutes before it subsides and i start to feel better. (The more i do the worse the pwd and longer it seems to last). I do however tend to iv subs due to not having a huge supply ever so i like to get the most out of what i have.

Well back on track, over the winter i tried lope for the first time (not wanting to wait the 24 for subs and lope being more easily accsesible and cheaper) and went out and got some. Well i started with 20mg then went to 30 then 50mg and just went to 60mg after that and decided 2-3 hours after my last dose realized i was barely getting any relief for some reason. Ended up waiting 12 hours and eating some cimetadine then an hour and a half later i did 40mg of lope and felt "somewhat" better, deffinately made a difference compared to no cimet.

Well after maybe 48 hours of this torture i couldnt take it and decided i wanted on subs. Read all i could find on the pwd aspect of lope, found nothing completely conclusive. Decided to wait like 36 hours from the last of the lope i took (which was only around 4-6mg as i had weened down. By this point i had not done any dope for like 5days. Figured fuck it lets see what happens. Not a fun time and honestly one of the longest lasting pwd's ive endured. (And i have been through it quite a few times do to i can never wait a full 36 hours with my average on hands comfort supplies, usually nothing except subs actually and maybe 1-4mg of either xanax or klonopin if im lucky.)

until that day my longest pwd was about an hour and a half and it was the day i had not done subs for awhile and was just all on dope for quite some time a decided to do a sub 12 hours from my last dose (which always worked fine and i didnt experience pwd once), well that was the day i learned i then needed 24 hours, i tried 18 hours and it sucked just as much as 12, so 24 it was. it has now grown to 36 hours (even though i NEVER make it) and im just hoping it doesnt keep getting worse over time.

Finally off dope now though, granted only a few days but that was the last time i do any for awhile. Which means over 6 months. No need to yell, i will always be an addict and always love a good blast of warm love in my veins, just gotta remember not to get out of hand with it again and just keep it to short 1-2 day runs every few months. I just hate the wait to induct subs and also the pwd i get every time since i dont make it past 24-32 hours and neither is ever enough time. Cant keep putting myself through that torture so i AM done for awhile. Going off cold turkey saying fuck it all.

Sorry for the derailment and long ass post, its 245am and i am wide awake talking here to myself since there isnt anyone awake to talk to and it sucks, so all of you must handle the wrath of my thoughts and novels. :D

I did take a full 8mg strip for my first one.

A lot of people do that mistake. As Hopeless said, always start with a low dose when inducing sub. You can take more if you don't get PW from like 1mg and if it does not cover you. But starting with 8mg is just damn risky in general.
In my opinion 16mg of Subs is wayyy too much for your previous habit. You'd probably be ok with ~4mg or even less. I always advise to take only as much as you really need because a lot of people are not aware of Bupes high potency and thus generally take too much and the WD from these high Sub-doses can be horrible. I really don't get it why doctors prescribe that much and people take up to 32mg. It's just ridiculous imo.

Just report his posts--especially when they're obvious attempts to troll like his post in this thread (your thread). I also looked at some of his older posts roxi and he started multiple threads about his cat almost dying after forcing drugs on it.

I'm not at all surprised the sub precipitated w/ds after being on lope. I mean it is a really powerful full agonist opioid w/ a long ass half life. why wouldn't it?
also you guys I recommend leaving ganjcat alone; while it may be amusing, it's not nice to poke fun and provoke those clearly struggling w/ incapacitating mental illness/es, even as aggravating as they may be.

Just report his posts--especially when they're obvious attempts to troll like his post in this thread (your thread). I also looked at some of his older posts roxi and he started multiple threads about his cat almost dying after forcing drugs on it.

Thanks for reporting him!

can someone delete this thread or move it to a more suitable area as tgrewds about stuff we already know arn't useful thankyou have a nice day.

What are you talking about? This thread could save someone the pain and anguish of pwd, if in the future someone taking lope, that wants to induct sub, decides to do a quick search before taking the sub.. It's definetely not common knowledge, has been debated for some time now, and it's nice that a thread with personal experience now exists!

I usually don't attack anybody personally, so I won't, But once again, thanks roxi for creating this HELPFUL thread!

- Hopeless 7nos

What are you talking about? This thread could save someone the pain and anguish of pwd, if in the future someone taking lope, that wants to induct sub, decides to do a quick search before taking the sub.. It's definetely not common knowledge, has been debated for some time now, and it's nice that a thread with personal experience now exists!

I usually don't attack anybody personally, so I won't, But once again, thanks roxi for creating this HELPFUL thread!

- Hopeless 7nos
Sorry, didn't realize that I unapproved all of his posts, except this one.

No body aches and general feeling of death, just my stomach doing flips and diarrhea basically. Overall it wasn't bad.

Yes, this is what happens when you take buprenorphine a little early with loperamide. Loperamide is not CNS-active, however it is a very potent opioid full agonist in the gut. So you basically did enter a non-CNS opioid PW. Loperamide has a pretty long half-life too, and it is potent like I said, so it's no surprise that you went through that with your 30 mg habit.

This is also why I'm wary of using huge loperamide doses to alleviate WD, because while the CNS may go back to normal, the gut will still stay heavily (perhaps even more heavily if you use lots of loperamide) opioid-dependent, and you're basically just delaying the inevitable.

Last edited:
Yes, this is what happens when you take buprenorphine a little early with loperamide. Loperamide is not CNS-active, however it is a very potent opioid full agonist in the gut. So you basically did enter a non-CNS opioid PW. Loperamide has a pretty long half-life too, and it is potent like I said, so it's no surprise that you went through that with your 30 mg habit.

This is also why I'm wary of using huge loperamide doses to alleviate WD, because while the CNS may go back to normal, the gut will still stay heavily (perhaps even more heavily if you use lots of loperamide) opioid-dependent, and you're basically just delaying the inevitable.

True. I agree, if you're planning on getting clean completely, you're only delaying the inevitable, and probably making it worse! As your body is trying to rid itself of those toxins, you're essentialy blocking that process from happening. However, if you're just trying to make it until your refill date, or next fix, lope can be quite the useful tool, so I guess it really depends on one's situation.

- Hopeless 7nos

Ganjcat what makes you think I'm a female? I'm not a heroin addict anymore either. I'm on 2mg of Suboxone a day. From what I've seen of your posts you ask the same stupid questions and then get pissy when people ignore you. Also, you're having a lot of problems in your life over codeine??? A substance so benign you can still get it over the counter in some states. You're always running out of your codeine and broke waiting to get more. You're as bad as a heroin addict except you're addicted to an opiate that's 1/10th as strong as heroin lol, that's pretty sad. Go get fucked up with your cat while watching loose change on YouTube weirdo lol
Lolol

Though I haven't tried it yet, I have been tempted to try lope while dope sick for relief. I just can't imagine taking 30 of those pills all at once without FUCKING up my insides. I'm just scared to do it.

The PW it can cause also draws me away, because I get subs as well, and have a hard time getting thru the wait period to induct even after short acting full agonists like heroin and fentanyl. That's also keeping me from switching to methadone and opiates with Long half lives from subs cuz my tolerance is jacked up and my receptors are fried I think, in case I wanted back on subs. The long induction process would be rough for me.

It does makes sense that the PWD from inducing bupe with lope still on opiate receptors in your guts, would really only act in your guts, because that's where it is active. It's just not active in the brain. Like mentioned above. Wherever bupe can actively compete for the receptors against another full opiate agonist (like lope) I'd imagine you would feel PWD symptoms.

I had been taking between 40-80mg lope every other day for about the last month. On the 14th I got ahold of some fentanyl laced heroin and overdosed. I was literally dead for 2 minutes but narcan saved my life. After that I decided to just get back on sub maintenance. I just got my strips today. I was still doing the Imodium thing every other day but I waited 36 hours before my first sub. I thought I would be safe because i had waited pretty long and I was skeptical lope could cause PW in the first place......WRONG. I was wrong as fuck! I took my first strip around 1pm and was expecting to get a nice buzz out of it but I was disappointed. My nose started running really bad and had some minor stomach discomfort. I don't know why but I took another strip about an hour later. This time I dissolved it in a little water and squirted it up my nose thinking that I would surely get high this way. After all, the only thing I was actually dependent on was about a 30 pill Imodium every 2 days habit. Then things got really bad. It felt like my stomach was doing somersaults. I started farting constantly and was doubled over in stomach pain. I kept thinking that the buprenophine would take over any second but I just kept feeling worse. Finally, after about 2 hours of my guts turning I sat down on the toilet and took the biggest dump imaginable. All that time abusing loperamide had caused me to get quite backed up. It seriously all came out at once almost. I had to flush the toilet 3 times. After that I started sweating really bad and snot was just pouring out of my nose. I didn't really get any body pains like you would from PW caused by a good opiate dependence like heroin or oxys but the gut issues were just as bad if not worse. Finally at 7pm I decided to take one more strip just to see if it would help. I feel much better now but learned a lesson. Loperamide will cause precipitated withdrawal folks. I shit you not lol.
sounds like attempted suicide to me I know oeople think taking lots of painkillers will make you fall sleep but they can make you have a painful death op please get checked into a&e mentality evaluation clinic as well as informing your local gp you may not even realise it but your a danger to yourself and others and need locking up for a little while

wishing you a speedy recovery op all the best!

They started it was probably fent, which they probably didn't know.... It's not a suicide attempt obviously. You shouldn't judge like that because suicide is serious not an accusation that should be thrown around wildly to attempt to make a drug user feel shame to convince them their use is wrong and to get off. That manipulation is the worst as even if someone tries to kill themselves they should not feel shame even though one will for hurting those who love them as life is hard and sometimes suicide seems like not just the easy answer, but only answer to end ones suffering in life. Suicidal ideation and intent are very serious and not really related to using drugs and not being able them, but to feeling inadequate physically or mentally to truly live rather than exist, which is the worst experience in life their is. Everyone should be supported and reassured they are worth it and deserve life no matter what their habbit as shaming someone may just push them to a suicide attempt, which is the last thing I'm sure one would want on their conscious because they tried to push the anti drug agenda just because they wanted to feel better about themselves.

This comes from someone who even to this day struggles not to contemplate suicide daily either by jumping, cutting, or overdosing on dope more likely fentanyl if I got the money together that I will have soon and that scares even me. I'd go to the psych ward yet even they admit they don't have the ability to help me and just wish me the best releasing me knowing it's likely I'll make an attempt if I get to my worst as so many"medical professionals"have failed me by stereotyping me, tuning me out, and sending me off to someone else who refers me off to someone else until I finally attempt where then I get support for a few days until they can reassure me enough to convince me to deny ideation and intent only leading back to neglect and intent being the vicious cycle I've struggled with for years hoping to get help with the root cause of my depression and anxiety being chronic pain that's neglected and instead treated as a manipulation to get drugs to get high and manage emotional pain as if my depression comes from life struggles and not chronic pain that affects my functioning ability leaving me wishing for death daily that becomes more and more likely to happen as the vicious cycle returns to attempt. I wouldn't expect or wish anyone experience what I do or even understand as it's just too depressing even compared to people who have it so much worse struggling in third world or areas torn by violence and war.