• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Isopropylphenidate contaminated with fentanyl

Pfafffed

Moderator: PD
Staff member
A friend texted me that they just purchased some IPPH from a clearnet vendor that in April 2018 was found to be selling IPPH contaminated with fentanyl. They only remembered this after finalizing the order. I urged them to test for fentanyl with some test strips.
I reminded them to check the ratio if water to IPPH, because insufficiently dilute solutions might produce a false positive.

They ran three tests, with the last dilution less than 1mg/mL. All three tests indicate the presence of some amount of fentanyl. They ran a test using just water, which tested negative for fentanyl.

I just spoke with the Mitchell Gomez from DanceSafe on the topic, and he wanted to stress that:

A) some amount of fentanyl or fentanyl analog is definitely present

B) there may be enough to kill you, or there may be so little that you don't even feel it, especially if you have opioid tolerance.

That said, I'd presume the stuff isn't in there intentionally, so it's probably not evenly mixed. I imagine that means that you could potentially use the same stuff from the same bag a dozen times with no ill effect and overdose the thirteenth.
If you don't have fentanyl test strips, you might want to get some if you purchased IPPH this year. Might also be good to keep some naloxone around the house and try not to use alone, especially the first time.

Also, I wanted to test my previously tested batch of IPPH with different ratios to see if I could get a false positive at any concentration, but I'm out right now. If anyone has tested fentanyl-free IPPH and some test strips, it'd be helpful to see if there's a concentration where they can be made to produce a false positive like amphetamines can.

At the end of the day, I'm really disappointed that a vendor who had a known case of fentanyl adulterated IPPH would release more on the market 2+ years later without testing it first.

Edit: Also, my friend heard back from them regarding the positive tests for fentanyl, and they are sticking to the claim that there is no fentanyl present.

Link to photos of the test:

Last edited:
I think they may have had 2C-B-FLY pellets that were actually bk-2C-B a few years ago, but I can't remember and can't find the old forum posts about it. Could've been someone else

No clue - I just read about it in a forum. I've actually never ordered from them because of the prior fentanyl issue

Update: So I finally found both my fentanyl test strips and my own batch of what I have always assumed to be IPPH. I had tested it before, but my test batch was more dilute than that which my friend used, probably too dilute.

I used 20mg IPPH in 10mL of water, and got a fent positive result. I further diluted to 20mg in 20mL and still got a positive result. If this is a false positive, and I suspect that it may be, then to my knowledge IPPH is generating a false positive at a greater dilution than any other substance tested by DanceSafe so far.

My friend is submitting their sample to Energy Control, so we should know for certain soon, but this puts me a little more at ease.

Link to photo of my test: https://giphy.com/gifs/YnMBTI4QPugPPoua90