• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol

My dad claimed to know someone who "drunkenly" drank an amount of ISO because he ran out of real booze and went blind.

Knowing him and his friends I 100% believe this to be a true story.

Last edited:
Lots to think about guys, lots. I'll give it all a good read here in a bit, and write a better reply. Thanks in advance for all the help, and I mean that. I'm fucken lost right now...

Hopefully I don't hit that point
It won't take much mate it's common to happen when you fuck with shit like that.

Don't do it. Meditate. Pour it away while you are in a sober state.
Listen to us older druggies and booze hounds, we aren't taking time out of our days to advise you against it because it's fun for us to write.

It won't take much mate it's common to happen when you fuck with shit like that.

Don't do it. Meditate. Pour it away while you are in a sober state.
Listen to us older druggies and booze hounds, we aren't taking time out of our days to advise you against it because it's fun for us to write.
Hey man, I didnt do it. And I love you druggies and booze hounds, one of the reasons im only half as fucked as i could be. This is gonna sound dumb but it feels like I need something anything to feel different from sober these days... DXM DPH and other over the counter drugs arent fun and they arent worth it. Ive been drinking lately, cause weed has just absolutely ceased to work for me. Person I was taking booze from noticed now I have a little addiction on my hands that I cant support myself.... The best thing to do would just be to stop drinking and smoking weed, but as with anything for me, I`ll be right back doing it more than I should the second I get a chance. Just a revolving shitpile of addiction and instant gratification since grade 9 and I cant see it changing any time soon.

Just re-read a few previous posts... You`re right. I`m not addicted to alcohol. Where addiction lies for me is nicotine and weed (yeah I get it its not addictive), but Im no stranger to trying just about fucking anything to get high or drunk when I`m out of dope. Shrooms, alcohol, DXM, other stupid fucken over the counter meds that arent worth it, It feels like ive done it all though I know its not true. I`m just addicted to not feeling like myself cause I fucking hate myself

Why do you hate yourself so much? How’s home? How’s school?

Ever tried MDMA too? If your gonna get high on whatever might as well try empathogens and psychedelics known to help people be more comfortable with their identity.

I sure any job is out of the question? Plus if your home life was like mine it helps get away. Doesn’t take many hours to at least get enough money to have some bud laying around to smoke.

-GC

Rubbing alcohol is not harmless, it will cause internal bleeding very quickly, but it will get you drunk, and a breathalyzer doesn't pick it up, which is interesting.

The 'dangers' of it are overblown.

Your hangover will be epic.

The dangers are not overblown, it is many times more toxic than ethanol, which is already fairly toxic.

You so young yet you seem to have a self destructive personality. Maybe get some help rather then go down a road that is very dangerous and we all say this cause we care and for HR. That's my input or advice.

Wish you all the best and that you will see what we are trying to say

It’s a really dumb way to get loaded in my opinion. Stick to real drugs in the future and please don’t poison yourself. I also think that DXM is a dumb way to get loaded, of course I’m in my 40’s and am way smarter than when I was 17. DXM is probably a better drug to get at the drug store and not rubbing alcohol, antifreeze, or gasoline to huff that you can buy to get high on.

What Wizard said. Don't test boundaries that are already tested just because they technically work. The writers of these papers don't include the fallout that happens personally, financially and to families from "mistakes", and I don't mean simply OD deaths. I mean anyone who misses the mark.

I, also in my 40's have been through plenty to be boring at parties at this point. DXM is a better way if you must, but I broke my ankle on a mild dose of DXM and attribute it to it. (250mg or so)

Yeah I also find that interesting. I suspect there is a genetic component. Certainly a big part of it for me is, I just make sure to ALWAYS (well in college this wasn't always true) wait until night time or at least the evening to start drinking. I have gone through periods of getting drunk (like 6-12 drinks a night) every night for long periods of time, and I have never had withdrawal from alcohol. But alcohol has a short duration of action, so the whole first half of every day your body has sober time. if you drink steadily throughout the day, every day, you're asking for physical dependence. And then, because of kindling, future dependence is much, much easier.

A good friend of mine drinks every single night without fail, at least a 6 pack of 7-9% ABV IPAs or the equivalent. He did so every day, maybe missing a day a couple of times, for 12 years, age 18 to 30. Then he was like holy shit, I'm probably addicted as fuck, I'm going to try to take a week off. He took a week off and he said it wasn't hard and he felt better than he had in years, no withdrawal whatsoever.

I find that as the years have gone on and I've had dependence issues with various gabaergics or similar (namely, phenibut, GHB, and recently, minor benzo withdrawal), I get much worse rebound anxiety the day after getting drunk. I used to not even get hangovers, then I started getting hangovers and they got worse and worse, and now it's a state of anxiety that can be pretty intense, even if I don't get much of a toxic-style hangover.
Errggh. Sounds gross. Anxiety is commonplace enough without rebound anxiety from alcohol or other gabaergic substances. I had a hangover a few months ago for the first time since I was a teenager. Drinking that heavily just isn’t worth the hangovers.

At least when I overdo it with benzos I don’t end up mildly poisoning myself lol

And G too gets a bad rap despite being a lot easier on the body than alcohol (and more pleasurable too)

Yeah GHB is one of my very favorite drugs, it's WAY better than alcohol or benzos, more euphoric than most opiates even, for me. If it was like alcohol and I could do it every night and not get addicted, I probably would. Unfortunately it's way easier to get addicted to than alcohol, and both times I've obtained a supply I've become pretty badly addicted and fucked my life up for a while. I have zero self-control with it.

No, actually he wasn't on drugs, the media just reported it was bath salts (at the time I think "bath salts" were a-PVP, it became a stupid catch-all term for RC stimulants) because that was a big thing at the time. Turns out he was just a schizophrenic homeless person who ate someone's face.

GHB is infamous for being "the date rape drug" because it tends to make you really horny, and intoxicated, especially when mixed with alcohol, and it tastes like salt so you can slip it in a drink and someone wouldn't notice.

Before that, it was legally sold in GNC and similar stores as a bodybuilding supplement because when it wears off there is a dopamine rebound effect. So you would take it before bed (it is also prescribed for sleep as it can induce deep sleep) and then pop up in the morning all pumped up and ready to work out.

GHB is definitely my favorite gabaergic drug in terms of effects. I find phenibut similar, but phenibut is much more functional and lasts WAYYY longer, and isn't as euphoric or comfortable.

Why do you hate yourself so much? How’s home? How’s school?

Ever tried MDMA too? If your gonna get high on whatever might as well try empathogens and psychedelics known to help people be more comfortable with their identity.

I sure any job is out of the question? Plus if your home life was like mine it helps get away. Doesn’t take many hours to at least get enough money to have some bud laying around to smoke.

-GC
I wish mdma was around where I live. Have never come across it. I need self acceptance very much. Loath the prick in the mirror

See I never cared for baclofen. In fact I seem to be quite sensitive to it, I took 40mg once and it felt like a massive phenibut overdose, it felt like my insides were on fire, it lasted about a day too, it was awful, my head hurt as well. I tried taking it at 20mg and I felt the physical effect of phenibut, but absolutely no euphoria whatsoever. Phenibut gives me a sparkly, wonderful euphoric mood and total confidence/fearlessness.

GHB is also a GABA-B agonist, and it also hits the GHB GABA receptors, which causes a release of dopamine downstream. In fact GHB is a neurotransmitter though our bodies produce and use it in far smaller amounts.

I have zero self-control with it
G and self control sure aren't in the same dictionary.
I'm the same with it(well im talking about GBL now, but, same same), every time I've got some I've ended up 24/7 dosing until it's gone. Luckily i heeded the warning of my heavily addicted mate not to buy 500ml and used to buy 25/50ml bottles from the darknet!
He used to buy GBL by the L... He was dosing 2-2.5ml frequently all day every day, then taking 4ml at night to KO himself only to wake up 3-4 hrs later from the rebound every time, and dose 4ml again, repeat, repeat, them get up and dose 2-2.5ml in bed, get up and start his day.
I reckon that cunt literally drank over 10L before he went to rehab (for opiates). I am surprised he even has a throat/stomach. Sae him squirt it into his mouth neat so many times then just chase it with water. I remember he put a drop on his keyboard and it melted through it. He had burns all over his hands from it.
He had 2 seizures in rehab because they didn't give him the right meds for G/benzo withdrawals.
G is naughty shit. But sooo good. I'd love some, its been about 3 years since I had any