• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol

gram696969

Bluelighter
Can I drink around 5ml of this shit mixed with juice or something to get drunk? I know it`s horrible for you and dangerous, but I`ve also read that the lethal dose is way above 5ml. Dont tell me not to, cause I`m gonna do it anyway. Just help me do it without hurting myself, I know some of you fuckers have tried this.

Well from what I understand it is not suitable for consumption in recreational doses. I imagine (no expert) the dose to get drunk could seriously damage one or all of your organs

why don’t you buy some ethanol?

Can I drink around 5ml of this shit mixed with juice or something to get drunk? I know it`s horrible for you and dangerous, but I`ve also read that the lethal dose is way above 5ml. Dont tell me not to, cause I`m gonna do it anyway. Just help me do it without hurting myself, I know some of you fuckers have tried this.
So I looked up toxicity info. A toxic oral dose is 0.5 - 1 ml per kg. So for a 75kg man that would be 37.5 - 75 ml. So to get drunk on it you’re quite likely to be consuming a toxic dose.

It is 70% but I still think even if you can get a buzz while avoiding permanent damage the side effects will likely be unpleasant

Would not recommend.

It’s possible to drink 5mls but you’ll likely burn your digestive tract and cause a lot of internal issues. I would highly advise against it. It’s very very easy to die from alcohol poisoning drinking isopropyl rubbing alcohol.

Well, good to know 😆 was pretty close to just doing it last night, happy I didnt. Thanks for the help lads! Also to answer the burning question of why dont i just get real alcohol, I`m a 17 year old dumbass who developed an addiction for himself off other peoples beer.... I dont have money for a coffee in the morning, I sure dont have any for beer. And I know, just go get a job. Covid and not having a car is a bitch is all I can say

Shits pretty stupid... I have one coors light ive saved all day and just so it does anything at all I havent eaten in a day, and usually take double my normal meds to amplify the effects...

Well, good to know 😆 was pretty close to just doing it last night, happy I didnt. Thanks for the help lads! Also to answer the burning question of why dont i just get real alcohol, I`m a 17 year old dumbass who developed an addiction for himself off other peoples beer.... I dont have money for a coffee in the morning, I sure dont have any for beer. And I know, just go get a job. Covid and not having a car is a bitch is all I can say
Well I’m glad you didn’t do it. Unlike all the exaggerated propaganda around most drugs, drinking iso, meths, huffing solvents and aerosols are all things that can actually fuck up your body, brain and life - not something you want to do as a 17 year old.

if you’re thinking of doing something that might be dangerous or need advice regarding how to use drugs and alcohol more safely you’re welcome to message me.

Last edited:
Well I’m glad you didn’t do it. Unlike all the exaggerated propaganda around most drugs, drinking iso, meths, huffing solvents and aerosols are all things that can actually fuck up your body, brain and life - not something you want to do as a 17 year old.

if you’re thinking of doing something that might be dangerous or need advice regarding the use of drugs and alcohol safely you’re welcome to message me.
Hey thanks man, I really do think if I didnt find bluelight a couple months ago Id be dead. There have been a few things ive brought here that you guys have told me is horrible, things I wouldve done otherwise.

How the hell have you developed an addiction to alcohol so severe that you would consider drinking iso by the age of 17?

You're on a dangerous path my friend...

That's true, so true. I don't want to preach, but I do hope you consider that it's going to get so much worse that these times right now will seem like nothing, if you keep down this same path. Do you have any interests that you really love spending time on? Pursuing something to fill the void that drugs also fill is really important, because filling the void with drugs is extremely dangerous and destructive to your life.

I use drugs, in fact I'm a drug addict, but I also am a musician and the music trumps the drugs, and makes my life exciting. Without that I don't know where I'd be right now. I'm 20 years older than you, I started using drugs at 17, weed and alcohol. Moved on to practically everything else by the time I was 18/19 years old. Was addicted to opiates bad for 10 years. I still struggle daily with doing drugs too much (especially this year for obvious reasons). You're setting your brain up for a lifetime of struggle, my friend. I just want you to be aware of that. If there is anything you can do to step back from drugs right now, you will thank yourself in the future, trust me. Or rather, if you don't, your future self will wish so much that you had.

Hey thanks man, I really do think if I didnt find bluelight a couple months ago Id be dead. There have been a few things ive brought here that you guys have told me is horrible, things I wouldve done otherwise.
Yeah that goes for a lot of people on here

Made my first account when I was a teen like you fifteen years or so ago and has been my go to for non judgmental unbiased information ever since

Even medical studies miss out on some of the emerging drug phenomena and trends that we discuss here, dismissing them for lack of evidence only to catch on ten years later

How the hell have you developed an addiction to alcohol so severe that you would consider drinking iso by the age of 17?

You're on a dangerous path my friend...
When I was 20 and in rehab the only person younger than me was a 17 year old alcoholic (withdrawal seizures etc) - you could see the damage it had done to his brain very clearly - a developing brain and large, chronic dosing of alcohol does not mix - perhaps more so than any other drugs (barring of course solvents, iso meths etc)

Kids most likely dead by now, I would be surprised if he wasn’t ☹️

Even medical studies miss out on some of the emerging drug phenomena and trends that we discuss here, dismissing them for lack of evidence only to catch on ten years later
Mad that hey. There should be a guy very high up monitoring the forum and dishing out data/advice/real life stories to all the 'professionals'

Also
If OP can 'wait all day' to have a single beer, im sure the 'addiction' to alcohol isnt that bad, if it was he would have woken up shaking shitting his pants with stomach cramps and cracked it open without thinking twice, not function all day without it - just to have a single 5% beer.
I think we should replace the word addiction in his post with taste. He has a taste for beer. Maybe an obsession? Not an addiction (not a physical one anyway).
Also he said he got the 'addiction' from other peoples beer?
@gram696969 can you introduce me to your friends please 😂🍻

Also, what's your 'normal medication'?

Mad that hey. There should be a guy very high up monitoring the forum and dishing out data/advice/real life stories to all the 'professionals'

Also
If OP can 'wait all day' to have a single beer, im sure the 'addiction' to alcohol isnt that bad, if it was he would have woken up shaking shitting his pants with stomach cramps and cracked it open without thinking twice, not function all day without it - just to have a single 5% beer.
I think we should replace the word addiction in his post with taste. He has a taste for beer. Maybe an obsession? Not an addiction (not a physical one anyway).
Also he said he got the 'addiction' from other peoples beer?
@gram696969 can you introduce me to your friends please 😂🍻

Also, what's your 'normal medication'?
I get what you mean

Though physical dependence isn’t a prerequisite for alcohol addiction

I find it very intriguing how variable susceptibility to alcohol dependence is, some people drink large amounts of alcohol every day for years and seemingly don’t develop physical withdrawal symptoms. While others who drink the same amount have seizures from Alcohol withdrawal/or Delerium tremens etc

No you can’t drink rubbing alcohol.

I find it very intriguing how variable susceptibility to alcohol dependence is, some people drink large amounts of alcohol every day for years and seemingly don’t develop physical withdrawal symptoms. While others who drink the same amount have seizures from Alcohol withdrawal/or Delerium tremens etc

Yeah I also find that interesting. I suspect there is a genetic component. Certainly a big part of it for me is, I just make sure to ALWAYS (well in college this wasn't always true) wait until night time or at least the evening to start drinking. I have gone through periods of getting drunk (like 6-12 drinks a night) every night for long periods of time, and I have never had withdrawal from alcohol. But alcohol has a short duration of action, so the whole first half of every day your body has sober time. if you drink steadily throughout the day, every day, you're asking for physical dependence. And then, because of kindling, future dependence is much, much easier.

A good friend of mine drinks every single night without fail, at least a 6 pack of 7-9% ABV IPAs or the equivalent. He did so every day, maybe missing a day a couple of times, for 12 years, age 18 to 30. Then he was like holy shit, I'm probably addicted as fuck, I'm going to try to take a week off. He took a week off and he said it wasn't hard and he felt better than he had in years, no withdrawal whatsoever.

I find that as the years have gone on and I've had dependence issues with various gabaergics or similar (namely, phenibut, GHB, and recently, minor benzo withdrawal), I get much worse rebound anxiety the day after getting drunk. I used to not even get hangovers, then I started getting hangovers and they got worse and worse, and now it's a state of anxiety that can be pretty intense, even if I don't get much of a toxic-style hangover.