Writing-up ISCD survey for polydrug users

ISCD

Bluelighter
Dear Bluelight,

The Independent Scientific committee on drugs have commissioned a new survey on drugs. The intention of this survey is to see whether different categories of experience feature in different drug states either acutely (while under the influence) or subacutely (in the period after coming down). We are looking for experienced drug users with personal use with alcohol, cannabis, ketamine, magic mushrooms and amphetamines, to complete the survey; and we would also ideally like to get responses from individuals that have had some history of depression and use of an SSRI medication or similar. We would be hugely grateful for you assistance. Hopefully this survey can remain on this board as its success will very much depend on how many responses we get.
Below is the link to the survey.

http://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/iscd/iscd

Many thanks,
ISCD.

Last edited by a moderator:
TDS -------------------------------------> Drug Studies

Last edited:
Hi ISCD, we will soon have headers in other forums to bring people's attention to this survey. Thanks for posting!

um, like the survey and understand intent. You could do a bit better with chart design--a simple bold vertical line dividing the drug classings would help immensely

and repeat page??

edit: for round two of the question battery, I issued blanket negative responses--Ignore that page and fix the survey design for others please!

Last edited:
While we greatly appreciate everyone who offers to fill in surveys in the name of research, it corrupts the study if people are filling it out and making shit up. It makes the whole thing a waste of time for everyone.

The first two sentences on their survey:
ISCD drugs survey
This survey is only meant to be completed by individuals that have at least one previous experience with all of the following drugs: cannabis, alcohol, ketamine, magic mushrooms, amphetamines.

It is very important that you only complete this survey if you have experience with all of these drugs.

Then, they thank you, and offer some General Info that starts off with:

It is very important that you only complete this survey if you have had personal experience with all of the following drugs:

alcohol, magic mushrooms, amphetamine, ketamine and cannabis

Please...if someone does have experience with ALL these drugs, then submit your wisdom. If you don't, then please don't fake it and fill in a best guess. You mean well, but it hurts more than it helps. :\ Thank you.

While we greatly appreciate everyone who offers to fill in surveys in the name of research, it corrupts the study if people are filling it out and making shit up. It makes the whole thing a waste of time for everyone.

The first two sentences on their survey:

Then, they thank you, and offer some General Info that starts off with:

Please...if someone does have experience with ALL these drugs, then submit your wisdom. If you don't, then please don't fake it and fill in a best guess. You mean well, but it hurts more than it helps. :\ Thank you.

Yea, well, fix your survey. Your categories are pretty arbitrary, and having experience with mxe would offer the same objective responses to your K q's--Mxe has two substituted groups and the same effects profile.

Yea don't take the survey if you just taken caffeine or 'done' weed though.;)

A moderate dose of amphetamine would be at least 500mg snorted or bombed.

I think you're off by at least an order of magnitude there. 500mg of amphetamine would probably give me a heart attack.

The survey switches halfway through from asking about amphetamine to MDMA. Is this intentional, or are we meant to understand that we are being asked about all amphetamine-type stimulants?

I didn't know about high/moderate dose but I figured I have done at least a moderate dose of everything. I have had two mushroom experiences but I was given what my bf considered a low dose but I definitely still felt something and saw stuff ... and my bf takes incredibly high doses so mine was probably normal at least for a first try.

I sent the survey to my bf because I know he's done them all too and he doesn't go on BL as much as me :p.

Yeah one thing that I think you should do is change the chart design. There were tons of rows and columns and I was scrolling up and down all the time. To be honest, if the survey was much longer, I probably would have just given up as it got pretty annoying. :p

Yeah one thing that I think you should do is change the chart design. There were tons of rows and columns and I was scrolling up and down all the time. To be honest, if the survey was much longer, I probably would have just given up as it got pretty annoying. :p

I found this helpful: if using Chrome as a browser, adjust the zoom to 69% when answering the questions in the column. If your eyes are good enough, you see the full chart. Hope this helps.

I would like to suggest you break the page......very hard to follow as you get
further down....so I just gave up!

Good questions....but very difficult to follow on the page layout.

Done..took forever because of the layout and I probably clicked the wrong box on a couple, but I tried my best.

I was very willing to spend time on this, but the layout of the chart completely turned me off. It's a major headache to fill out. I know I'm not the only one...

your chart is whack bro... hard to fill out

also 500mg of amphetamine is NOT a moderate dose, as stated in your survey. 5 points..half a gram, 50 or 100(!!) IR dexedrine pills as available in a pharmaceutical product. I think you ought to check your dosing guide.

but completed survey.

going to complete the survey as ive had experience with all the substances and like helping with these things, but the layout, as others said, really makes it a pain in the ass and a grind to finish