• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random Is your life over with a criminal conviction?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
I hear conflicting things about this. Some lads I know say their friends were convicted of things like theft, underage sex, spent time in jail or got a suspended sentence and although their "getting by", have decent jobs in construction though it was very hard.

Other people in particular family say that you might as give up on life cause your entire future is ruined. Impossible to get a job, get references for housing, visas to the States etc...

What's the truth?

I believe it probably depends on what country you live in and what degrees/academic qualifications you had before getting convicted. I imagine someone who is a doctor/lawyer would have an easier time getting a job after a conviction than someone straight outta high school

While having a degree will help you get a better job, the crime is really what determines your ability to follow through, IME.

I have a continued without a finding on an assault with a deadly weapon, and i got a job in retail. From there, since i got my foot in the door, i may be able to go corporate since i have an accounting degree.

My case gets dismissed in February, in which case i'll be able to go back into finance, where i was before the crime happened. I looked up the law, and they can't discriminate against me because of a dismissed felony.

While having a degree will help you get a better job, the crime is really what determines your ability to follow through, IME.

I have a continued without a finding on an assault with a deadly weapon, and i got a job in retail. From there, since i got my foot in the door, i may be able to go corporate since i have an accounting degree.

My case gets dismissed in February, in which case i'll be able to go back into finance, where i was before the crime happened. I looked up the law, and they can't discriminate against me because of a dismissed felony.

Would you mind sharing details? Was it underage or overage?

I must say that I'm lucky in that regard. I stabbed my mother in the face in psychotic rage when I was 16. Thank God I don't have a record. I can't imagine what would have happened if I was only 2 years older.

I was 24.

Where on the face did you stab her? Was it a stab or a slash?

Last edited:
I was 24.

Where on the face did you stab her? Was it a stab or a slash?

I was aiming for here eye (she stood to the left of me at a kitchen counter). I stabbed her in the face and the force pushed her onto a chair and into the wall. It was over fast in about 7 seconds/

I've been unemployed for 10 years now after getting kicked out of grad school for crimes of harassment. I served time and still no one wants to employ me. The New York mania led to a misdemeanor in Connecticut.

It definitely does not mean your life is over. However, a felony on your record does definitely limit your options for employment and can make your life much more difficult. But plenty of people have gone forward to live great lies and even be very financially successful or produce great positive effects on the world, despite a felony.

It might feel as if it ended at the start. However you are better off learning from that mistake and changing your course.

In 04 I saw someone without teeths, he was on the ground screamin for his parents and I said I will never end up like this. Maybe I will continue to post.. isnt anything special but its called struggle.

i got a checkered past LOL been gettin money and that's all that matters. tell my P.O. i been high all day, fuck school, couldn't pass a test, i make more than my teachers + i keep getting more each day. life keep gettin better... ain't nothing stoppin this hustle. bout to buy new jewelry i gotta raise nocap bigfacts LOL

i buy a ahouse and start a grow in it smokin nothing but moonrocks you ain't as high as me you ain't bout that life don't lie to me

Last edited:
criminal conviction pretty much signals RIP to any of the good you've come into so yes, time to seriously think about your next move if you are so lucky as to wind up slapped with one of these nightmare scenarios, and if possible initiate major life change/s. I think this would have been handy to grasp from a knowledge perspective rather than learn it from a series of findings. so yes, sayonara to the days where your record was clean and your prospects were endless.... hence, not really worth it in my view. forces your hand too much in regards to what you can do and what you honestly wouldn't have the bravado to undertake if not well equipped in coping with adversities. just not worth throwing away over pure dumb antics that a thorough education might have guarded against, though it does make you part of a demographic. the idea is to stop offending in its tracks. you gotta get your mind around that if you're the one found guilty. that as a criminal seems obtuse seeing as though you have 5 years to relish a single finding of guilt. the court system has clamped down on muckracking, especially

Last edited: