• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Is Tramadol / Ultram WD or Benzo making me stupid?

Ratched

Greenlighter
Okay, So Long story. I have a hurt hip and before I met my GOOD doctor I had 3 trips to 3 different MDs. ER, surgery and a procedure all getting a total of 150 pills of tramadol over a long period. I took two pills of Tramadol and was instantly hooked with the improved mood and energy with mild pain relief. I kept the 140 pills left and put them away because I knew that shit was dangerously addictive to me (as an individual). I got Hydrocodone from my MD instead. That was in July. I took about 10 Hydrocodone a month. (not abusive) I ran out and was too embarrassed to go to the MD for more so I decided to hit the tramadol. I as suspected I blew threw them like everyday was a party. I was feeling good with energy. Not taking it for pain relief and resting like I did the Norco when needed. I went to my MD and was honest. He said take a couple benzos, here's your Norco and never touch Tramadol again! Yes, agreed. As long as I do not use more than 6 - 10 a month of my norco I won't get my hand slapped.

NOW, I'm coming off The bath-salts of Opiates named Tramadol / Ultram. I took 1 valium a day for 2 days. Now I'm too stupid to do my math class. I feel like a retard. I know many retards live kick ass lives but I would like to not be a retard.

Do I have permanent brain damage from the 2 valium?
Do I have Permanent brain damage from Tramadol withdrawal?
How do I hurry up getting this crap out of my body and getting my quick mind back?

So far I did the soccer mom power walk in the back alley and drank a jug of lemon water with apple cider vinegar and honey. To be honest, when I got back from my power walk my brain feels sharp.

I read that benzos decrease cognitive ability. I hope I'm not permanently stupid. :(

Benzodiazepines can cause cognitive deficits but that takes a long period of chronic use. You didn't list the dose of diazepam (Valium) but I am guessing you took 2 x 10 mg. That is not a lot of exposure and you should recover from its effects very quickly as blood levels of the parent drug and metabolite decrease. It is true that clearance is slow but you were not taking it long enough for it to build up in your system. I honestly wouldn't worry at all about the diazepam, and it probably wasn't the main problem.

What is more likely the cause of your cognitive deficits is tramadol withdrawal -- what you are experiencing can definitely occur during tramadol withdrawal. There isn't much you can do except wait for the withdrawal to end. You could try an SSRI or venlafaxine if the cognitive dysfunction does not abate quickly -- part of the tramadol withdrawal syndrome seems to be caused by reductions in serotonin and possibly norepinephrine signaling.

Most people don't like tramadol all that much but there is a segment of the population who really like it.

Thanks for the response. Now I have a more evil problem. It caused me to get PGAD. Tramadol withdraw caused a SSRI response causing restless genital syndrome. Now I'm insane and stream like a nut.

Dude I'm going through the EXACT same thing right now!! The last day i took Tramadol was 12/31/2015 and I'm still having the dumbed down brain feeling. Even though i still have withdrawal symptoms 4 months after my last dose, i stopped feeling like absolute utter shit about 2 months after stopping Tramadol. I think with Tramadol your brain does heal, but it's a slow process. The important thing is to NOT touch another Tramadol pill because that will make you lose a lot of progress.

Other symptoms I'm experiencing:

1. Lack of interest in my usual hobbies
2. Dysphoria
3. Lack of appetite
4. Loss of strength
5. Lack of energy

I look skinnier than my usual self and i feel a lot weaker physically in general. I also feel like my brain is really blank all the time

Tramadol withdraw caused a SSRI response causing restless genital syndrome.

I had to look up what PGAD was. If this post is indeed in earnest, I think the (however minute) opioid function (which to some people, known heroin addict friends of mine, swear is noticeable; not for I, however) has more to do with "genital sensitivity" or "orgasm without stimulation" than some SSRI response causing PGAD. (honestly, and my apologies; but I'm LOL)

I'm serious. I can't sit and focus. The withdraw jacked up my period and hormones and gave me PGAD. Now I feel like I have to orgasm 100 times a day or move around. I can't sit and focus. The SSRI effect triggered it as well as withdrawing from the tramadol (K2 version of opiates). It's complete crap. I have norco now for my hip. My doctor gave me norco, lyrica, klonopin to help out. Now insurance has to pay for me to go to physical therapy and stretch my pelvic floor. I'm going to rack up 100k on insurance getting Physical therapy and chiropractic massages. oh, when you're horny you're a real bitch too. :(
TRAMADOL IS CRAP AND IS THE BATH SALTS OF OPIATES.

My doctor said "tell them tramadol swells up your throat and you can't take NSAIDS because of ulcers" hahaha. I have serious pain get Norco and stay away from Tramadol. It is a bath tub drug some hillbilly made in their trailer.