• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is tramadol anyone's drug of choice?

I've only ever tried 50mg and felt nothing (hadn't had opiates before). What is a good starting dose for feeling good?

^Not less than 200mg, not more than 400mg.

Most opioid addicts can agree: all opioids are my drug of choice.

I love them all the same, tramadol included.

Agreed! I take what ever opiate I can get to not go into WD . Plus even with a 540mg a day Oxy habit tremadol at the 400mg dose gives a nice ,and pleasant opiate type stoned buzz . Unique to tremadol .

I'm a opioid user but not an addict unless you consider kratom in which I am but I enjoy tramadol when I can get it. I usually combined the two for a nice long lasting buzz.

^ The kratom/tramadol is one of my favorites, I find the kratom to add to the opioid aspects of tramadol while also (ironically) smoothing out the rough edges caused by SNRI activity. Lasts a really long time as well.

Yup, I'm addicted to opioids in general, although I've been smart by mainly sticking to kratom as my maintenance drug that way the withdrawals stay short lasting and tolerable (though they have gotten worse the more I ingest stuff like heroin or pharmaceuticals). I will say that codeine doesn't do shit to me but cause histamine release though, so I guess that one I could live without.

Last edited:
I like Trams cuz you can feel them on Suboxone Maintaince...felt pretty nifty last night with the Sub, xanax, and 250mg of Tramadol... I mean not the best but whatever. They are also really good at potentiatig the fuck outta other opiates. And if your tolerance is low/medium range they get rid of the sickness, so better than nothing. Don't love , don't hate.

Far from my drug of choice, but I really like them occasionally, they seem to have a stimulant/anti-depressant effect on me, I can really feel their serotonin effect, they're fairly long lasting & with that nice mild opiod cushion too they're a winner, beats codeine in some situations. Not something I'd like to do regularly, in combos or in higher doses though, but if I'm offered one, I haven't done any conflicting drugs & I've got a backache or something then I'd probably take it.

My doctor offered me tramadol instead of Tylenol with codeine but I declined it due to its effects on serotonin.

Opiates cause enough problems and the only good thing about their side effects is that they don't affect your brain or cause any psychological side effects. I'm going through gabapentin withdrawal right now and the psych sides (irrational fears, depression) are by far the worst part.

Wouldn't this make it one of the opiates to avoid, esp if it's weak?

Ended up taking another 50mg and then for some reason thought taking 300mg valerian root would help me with insomnia - the nightmares and anxious thoughts racing has put me off valerian for life lol. I might be careful with tramadol due to the affect on serotonin as I've been going through unstable moods lately due to suffering from 'complicated grief'. Thanks to the person who mentioned the effect on serotonin. Just don't wanna mess with my brain when I'm already unstable. But maybe an occasional 50mg here and there as I have 10 capsules left. Thanks again all.

I've always wondered how would Tram do on a meth comedown or even while a little high still? I'm worried because of the serotonin effects it has, wouldn't wanna risk SS right? But coming down with absolutely nothing sucks so much

Tram works like this. Day 1... it's amazing. You can't believe something that isn't a true opiate can be so powerful. Day 2... you can't get half way to that level again. Day three, it's feeling worthless. And by then, if you've been doing the max 400-450mg a day (that's the max recommended limit to not have a seizure, and some people still do at that if done for weeks), it can cause some nasty w/d effects. NASTY. Because it messes with the brain moreso than opiates. It's like quitting opiates and an SSRI at the same time, to me.

Ovo, just what I feel is the best to be the safest and avoid nasty W/D symptoms... but I wouldn't use tramadol to reduce W/D for that. If you need a replacement for your empty bottle of hydros/percs/roxy/oxycontin/opana/diluadid/bupe, then sure, 3 days max while you go out and find some. But, primarily for the reason you brought up yourself, would stray me away from it. I don't have experience with using it to come down from an upper, but it's because I've never went looking for it for that. But, I know, sometimes you just have what you have. If you've been smoking, I know you're gonna feel bad, but try and wait as long as you can if you have made up your mind to take the tram, and don't take more than 50mg at first... unless you have those 325mg ER kinds... I'd still bust it up somehow and orally take 1/4 of that or less. Tram takes about 1.5-2 hours to peak for me. So, don't forget that, too, if you aren't getting relief fast enough.

Last edited:
Tram works like this. Day 1... it's amazing. You can't believe something that isn't a true opiate can be so powerful. Day 2... you can't get half way to that level again. Day three, it's feeling worthless. And by then, if you've been doing the max 400-450mg a day (that's the max recommended limit to not have a seizure, and some people still do at that if done for weeks)
That hasn't been my experience, I find tramadol to barely increase opioid tolerance at all... even tolerance to tramadol itself has always been slow building. I've always hovered around the 300-400mgs range, been at this dose since I started taking tramadol. Sure I'd like to be able to comfortably take more but supplementing kratom instead of more tramadol really brings a good nod with it.

Yeah, I guess I should just always add that everyone is different. But, strange how, like just now, we can be completely opposite about it. I've experimented with it on and off over the years, and it's always done me that way. Killer high on day 1. But if I take it again the next day, I'll only get literally 30-40% of what I got on day 1. Day 1 is unstoppable nods for me. I assume since you have more experience about it, you know the dangers of dosing over 400-450mg, right? I'd stick with the potentiators vs upping the dose. I don't know for a fact how people really respond at, say 800mg a day, and how many days it would take, or if they would ever have a seizure. But, just knowing it's possible and that I've seen a few posts of people describing a time that they had a seizure scares me off from going over that mark.

BTW, do you recall what the drug is that you are NOT supposed to mix with Tramadol? It's almost on the tip of my tongue... and then I tried a quick search and now I'm even farther away from whatever it was I was trying to remember... maybe it was something that allowed you to be safer at a higher dose... not sure. Any of this ring a bell to you?

Tramadol is or used to be one of my favorites, haven't taken any in over a year though.
I'm a very good tramadol metaboliser, i usually take 75-175mg and have a very powerful opiate high but tolerance to the euphoric effects builds fast.

The first time i got high it was incredible euphoric, better than oxy, morphine,codeine or kratom (but it was also my first strong opiate high/nod)

Edit: tramadol is a pro drug so it's not like conventional opioids, some people find it very enjoyable and other people find it useless.

Last edited:
It's absolute shite. I'm not really a fan of opioids but I'll admit codeine, DHC and morphine do have a euphoric feel to them (when combined with an antihistamine). Tramadol is just a dirty heavy feeling, and it's not even that effective as a painkiller IMO. Codeine is better in every way.

I take 400mg a day great for pain, never really got a buzz from it though, I was switched to then the 100mg slow release tablets, they make me dreamy all day!
Rachel?

I was on 400mg of tramadol a day for many years for back pain. Nothing like vicodin but a smooth sense of well being and mild buzz maybe. Withdrawal was not as hard as conventional opiates but not fun either.