• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is tianeptine any more compulsive than kratom?

deruyityn

Bluelighter
I use kratom as the litmus test since Ive never had a problem regulating my usage with it.

Only interested in using tian as prescribed as an anti depressant tho Id hesitated with all the talk of it being as bad withdrawals as heroin.

I dont plan on every day use just when I want to blast myself out of a pit of depression. So want to get clear whether it has a pull to take more or not, if comparative to kratom then I dont think id have a prob and since I dont wanna take every day. But wanna check the consensus from ppl who have used it/both first.

I use kratom as the litmus test since Ive never had a problem regulating my usage with it.

Only interested in using tian as prescribed as an anti depressant tho Id hesitated with all the talk of it being as bad withdrawals as heroin.

I dont plan on every day use just when I want to blast myself out of a pit of depression. So want to get clear whether it has a pull to take more or not, if comparative to kratom then I dont think id have a prob and since I dont wanna take every day. But wanna check the consensus from ppl who have used it/both first.

Read what I posted here ,and on many other threads you will see about tianeptine here on BL. My advice I have used kratom many times ,and its nothing to tianeptine not even close. I consider tianeptine a full blown opiate with fucked up WDs .

Personally, I don't think so. Tianeptine doesn't feel all that opiate-like to me. But everyone's different.

the therapeutic dose is 12.5mg, 3x a day. for tianeptine sodium

it would be worth doing a cycle of doing that for a month, then taking a month or two off.

it doesn't 'blast' you outta depression, but it is a useful aid or tool.

if your using it at the right dosage, you wont have withdrawal symptoms, and you wont have an opiate high. but tolerance will build after a few weeks, which is why its worth having breaks.

I don't mean to nit pick, but a substance cannot be "compulsive".

A person or an action can be compulsive, but Kratom itself cannot be "compulsive".

A person or an action can be compulsive, but Kratom itself cannot be "compulsive".

There's no such thing as 'evil' or 'compulsive' substances, its how people react psychologically to said chemicals.

Read what I posted here ,and on many other threads you will see about tianeptine here on BL. My advice I have used kratom many times ,and its nothing to tianeptine not even close. I consider tianeptine a full blown opiate with fucked up WDs .

Guy, you were taking 1 gram of it per day obviously that is stupid dosing. Youre probably the same type of person who would take 50 grams of kratom a day then complain about the withdrawal.

Although I dont have experience with tianeptine I wouldnt want to get overconfident about saying how Id dose that but your case is way overboard what most other ppl use.

If its been used by millions of ppl since the 80s and only 144 or so documented cases of addiction and of whom had a previous history of addiction then its clear you fit into that category.

Did that really contribute much to the thread? It what clear what I meant. You sound like the grammer nazis corrcting your and you're. :D

Last edited:
Well yes that is pretty much how I use kratom. Though I wouldnt want to use either every day since I dont like the idea of something being in my system 24/7. So like i say I would plan on a day on a couple off etc.

Well my main question is how tempting it would be to want to take more 'just to see' what its like. For kratom I didnt have the urge because more made me feel worse but I am not sure how well I will regulate something that I KNEW felt better at higher doses. Ive never been an abuser of substances really always erring on the side of caution but still its the unknown factor.

the therapeutic dose is 12.5mg, 3x a day. for tianeptine sodium

it would be worth doing a cycle of doing that for a month, then taking a month or two off.

it doesn't 'blast' you outta depression, but it is a useful aid or tool.

if your using it at the right dosage, you wont have withdrawal symptoms, and you wont have an opiate high. but tolerance will build after a few weeks, which is why its worth having breaks.

Last edited:
I was curious and took 150mg once, it wasn't hedonistic at all to me.

There's no more positives than taking the recommended dose. I wouldn't worry about getting risky with tia if you can hold shit down with Kratom. I found Kratom to have many more recreational qualities than I saw in tia.

There's no more positives than taking the recommended dose. I wouldn't worry about getting risky with tia if you can hold shit down with Kratom. I found Kratom to have many more recreational qualities than I saw in tia.

Again take 500+mg and tell me this again . It blows even UEI kratom away ,and many low to mid range opiates ,but it has a very bad WD worse then any opiate I have ever had . Even worse then a Fent analog I have been taking for a few months now .

Cool. Cheers for info.

Did that really contribute much to the thread? It what clear what I meant. You sound like the grammer nazis corrcting your and you're. :D

I know sorry.

I AM a grammar nazi because I'm an English tutor so it's hard for me to control myself but I apologize haha.

Tianeptine appears to also be a TCA (tricyclic antidepressant)? If that's the case I really wouldn't encourage such high doses - a TCA overdose is no good.

And I'd imagine that the TCA action would also be responsible for making withdrawals worse. I've been on all sorts of SSRIs, TCAs, and even MAOIs (phenelzine and tranylcypromine), and the TCAs were not only the only ones to give me significant withdrawal symptoms, but they were an absolute nightmare to get off. Withdrawing from a TCA and opiate at the same time would REALLY suck.

I wish it was prescribed here though as my depression is extremely treatment-resistant and tianeptine sounds like it'd have a decent shot at some efficacy. That or get on one of these ketamime trials...

TCA is a structural class, it doesn't say much about its mechanism of action. Most antidepressant TCAs are mainly just SSRIs/SNRIs and histamine antagonists, see Wikipedia.

Tianeptine however is fairly different!