• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Is this site bad for recovery

I was a member here by a different name many years ago. I was dependent on opiates/oids for quite some time. personally, I had to stop visiting bluelight and conversing with any members here in order to completely distract myself enough to get clean, and I did. I visited BL maybe 5 times in as many years for a quick hunt for info I didn't already know.

I feel like to really make use of neuroplasticity, you have to totally change the information input. if your constantly reading about drugs/use then your not building new pathways that aren' t built on substance use. Obv I dunno how scientifically accurate this is, but personally to change the way I thought about drugs, in order to change negative habits, I had to totally rebuild what I read and who I talked to, both in RL and online.

I have found that the Harm reduction community, is saving many lives and families. I have been in AA & NA for over 35 years, and have received a Great deal, from being there. But the drug world has changed, as the world has changed, and I am now a firm believer in Anything that helps keep people Alive till tomorrow to try again at this journey we call Life!!! Yes the People places and things coments in 12 step programs are a great topic to help people in early recovery avoid relapses: Bars, Liquor stores, Drug dealers houses Etc.. But we do need to live in this world and not a bubble. Untill I worked on myself and the things inside me that had me use, the whole world was a Trigger!! I love Blue light, helps me, and I try to help other people.

You do help other people!
You have helped me many times. Thank you for that my friend! 💋❤️🌹

Your encouragement has been amazing and I am Thankful you are here!