• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Is this site bad for recovery

Marji

Greenlighter
So my fella complains about me being on this site. Says it’s a trigger for me. I didn’t know he could tell me what my triggers are.
Does anyone agree or disagree? I happen to find it very interesting!

Idk I sometimes have using dreams after I’ve been on BL all day. Triggers typically are people places and things that cause an emotional response that we think only using can fix.
My wife thinks the same thing, and honestly she’s probably right. Time I spend on here is just time I’m not focused on recovery. But it’s not inherently a bad thing, trying to help people reduce harm, or be supportive to their attempts to quit can help me get out of my own head for a bit.

Marji,
You can't be triggered to use if you're already using silly

@Majiktouch how condescending and rude. OP is trying to recover.

@Marji IME, I've felt this site to be a deterrent and helpful tool when needing advice. Talking with other people who have experienced the same thing and come through the other side has been very positive for me. It also helps knowing that you're not alone. I guess it could be a trigger for some, but I joined this site when I was desperately trying to quit and sort my life. I was met with lots of people willing to listen and help. There were days when I was so high and alone and reaching out made a big difference for me.

Marji,
Glad you took it the way it was intended! It's gonna be ok and we will help however we can.

Quickfixgirl-

@Marji IME, I've felt this site to be a deterrent and helpful tool when needing advice. Talking with other people who have experienced the same thing and come through the other side has been very positive for me. It also helps knowing that you're not alone. I guess it could be a trigger for some, but I joined this site when I was desperately trying to quit and sort my life. I was met with lots of people willing to listen and help. There were days when I was so high and alone and reaching out made a big difference for me.

Ooh well, It's a real good thing that your opinion means zero to me! Fuck off you judgmental lil girl

That’s totally how I feel and where I’m at.

What’s condescending and rude?

That was directed at me. Just ignore, she was being your spokes person I guess.
You’re right but really, I’m struggling to stop but I’m living in a bad environment. I feel stuck in a hamster wheel.

As long as you're still fighting for your life you are not stuck! Have you ever gotten clean before? I have many times for years sometimes. It is a lifelong battle we have. You sound like a warrior though! Fight for your life Marji

So my fella complains about me being on this site. Says it’s a trigger for me. I didn’t know he could tell me what my triggers are.
I'm sober and it doesnt trigger me, but I guess it depends where you hangout.

I don't think it does it's more educational so far for me but I haven't delved really deep yet

I’m currently attempting sobriety (not entirely successfully mind you) and still check in here every day.
Everyone is SO SUPPORTIVE when you try get your shit together, honestly who understands this struggle better than those in the same position?
My family have NO CLUE, they think I should just stop because I want to and that’s it. They never want to discuss it again.

I need to talk about it sometimes tho, you know?

There’s plenty of other threads to contribute in if you find the drug talk triggering.