• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is this safe?

Dr. Pokey

Greenlighter
Hello there. So I have no tolerance to opiates, last night I swallowed 65mg of hydrocodone. This means the last hydrocodone I took was around 11 hours ago. I understand that mixing morphine and hydrocodone can result in a quite a hazardous concoction. Would it now be safe to plug 15mg of morphine? Cheers.

OP- I hope that you either did a CWE or took hydrocodone with no APAP (Tylenol, paracetamol), if those were 5- or 7.5-mg hydro/apap with 500-mg APAP (5/500 or 7.5/500) you're close to liver damage terrain. Milk thistle is said to be good to protect the liver from APAP, but I'm not sure if that's too be taken before or after the APAP containing opioid. Search this forum, you'll find more info than you thought available... Literally thousands of pages on opioids.

You're opioid naive and could handle that amount of hydrocodone comfortably? That's a good deal of hydro for someone with no tolerance, assuming oral or plugged, insulfated you'd maybe have gotten less hydrocodone, but you'd only insulfate small hydro only tablets, and even that's a waste imo vs. oral or plugged.

Be careful with the opioids, I know you've heard this... they are a killer class of drugs, in many ways. I'd be willing to bet if you got off on the hydro nicely you'll be disappointed in the relatively small dose of morphine you're plugging. Granted, it's been a long time since I was able to get off on either at those amounts, so take what I write in that context. However, pharmaceutical formulated opioids was the subject of my pharmacological masters degree.

Let us know which was more effective / enjoyable, etc...

Best wishes.

Hey speedballs, I was aware that there was an unhealthy amount of acetaminophen. I'm pretty sure I went well over the safe amount but I do feel fine and won't do that again unless I extract the hydrocodone somehow. I have had experience with opiates in the past but I have no tolerance. I was able to handle the 65mg very easily, albeit I was nodding off later that night. I'll post my experience with plugging the morpheme soon.