• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Is this dangerous? SNRI and Mephedrone.

thp

Greenlighter
Hi all,

I'm going to take Mephedrone on Friday night. I'm also on 30mg of the SNRI Duloxetine (Cymbalta) for depression, which is a fairly low dose.

I understand that there are theories that Meph releases serotonin and norepinephrine, which would be contraindicated with an SNRI.

My last dose of Duloxetine was very early Thursday (6am.) If I skip Friday's dose would it be theoretically 'ok' to use Meph on Friday evening? This would be about 42 hours since a dose of SNRI.

Anyone with any experience of this? Or any informed advice? Is this a deadly combination? I've read lots of conflicting reports. Some seem fine on it. Others say it blunts meph's affects, and others say it could bloody kill!

Thanks very much for any help. Really appreciated.

I HIGHLY advise against doing this, very highly. I was on the SSRI celexa for about a month or two and tried doing a low dose of MDMA(but still enough to get me a nice calm roll) after taking a day off my meds, and felt absolutely nothing, the next day I had terrible depression on top of it. Antidepressent medications and made to be built up in your body/brain in order to have a sort of "equilibrium" which is why you supposedly don't see benefits until after a month or whatever of starting your medicine. Keep in mind my dose was 5mg a day, which is TINY. It still helped my anxiety and depression though.

What I'm trying to say is that it is NOT worth the very real possibility of a terrible reaction, especially since they killed any sort of positive effects of the drug for me. One day off is quite simply NOT enough. Once I tapered myself off and hadn't taken a dose in over a month and a half or two, I had a very positive rolling experience :) but realize I am also NOT recommending you to stop your medication, as I had benefitted from mine greatly and decided I did not need it anymore. Be safe :)