• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is this an April-fools joke or did New York legalize weed?

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
I started checking all the sites that listed it as news and found it on The Washington Post, USA Today. Bunch of other places as well.

21 years of age
3 oz
can grow/cultivate
can legaly smoke/vape anywhere you can legally smoke cigarettes.

That’s another 19.5 million people legal.

Tom

NORML says New York legalized, so I believe it. And news on their home page also states that Virginia wants to expedite legalization by July 1rst this year rather than 2024. Looks like dominoes falling to me. A federal bill decriminalizing would be nice, leaving each state to individually legalize (sigh) but allowing interstate commerce of cannabis between reciprocal legal states. So craft weed can spread like craft beer/wine/scotch. And megalo weed can spread like Budweiser, Coors or Miller.

Will New York have the first coffee shops?

Last edited:
I've always been surprised by the fact that new york hasnt legalized weed previously, as I picture them as progressive though amittedly I've never actually been there. Canada has had weed legalized for a few years now on a federal level.

Well here's 1 more April-fools joke:

Hear ye! Hear ye! Sniffing dogs now trained to detect Pest Control Products beyond the non-detection levels established by LPs equiped with Star Wars laboratories!

American drug legislation
Wait... didn't the US start all this "drug war" shit? Now we are being envied by others?
WTH? :oops:
Not exactly sure what it is I am trying to realize but it must be something.

Surprised Cuomo is still in office. But bully for NT, I say (legalizing rec use). And up to three Os? Damnnnnnn! I get the anxiety must be ultra-high on the streets of NY but how much ya need to make it to the store?

No way!? Awesome! Yes I'm excited about Virginia expediting the legalization process, although it still won't be until 2024 that it's totally open for consumer sales.

And the New Mexico State Legislatire has passed Legislation amd sent it to the governor for signing

-2 oz
-6 plants at home
-no limit on the number of license issued to sell cannabis, meaning stores will pop up like weeds in the initial rush. Slowly over a year year and a half the market will get saturated and prices of oz will fall below $100.

Getting closer to the tipping point.

Tom

Salutations,

...didn't the US start all this "drug war" shit?

Well, in principle "Uncle Sam" would have led the way consecutively to the 1925 Geneva Opium Convention (e.g. where "Indian Hemp"/"Cannabis sativa L." got targetted in a most obvious/non-ambiguous manner), except back then there were internal isolationist tensions rendering USA not favourable to signing any such League des Nations treaties. So that's why most people still refer to the Nixon era today...

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

Bavaria, and only because I had a scale.
I had nothing, only the scale, but there was a bit of weedcrumbs stuck to it.
Got me possession and dealing
That is super common in Bavaria, as they are super strict about hashish/marijuana there. In other German states they are more lenient or would not bother to arrest you.

But back to Thomas Davie's question: yes NY state legalised pot, NJ did as well, will Pennsylvania be next?

That is super common in Bavaria, as they are super strict about hashish/marijuana there. In other German states they are more lenient or would not bother to arrest you.
Yeah I was born in this shithole ^^ I'm just teasing, it's actually beautiful, it's just the law that's fucking annoying here. You get treated the same if you have .25g or 25g, if you have a scale they're going to treat you like a dealer, if you don't, they don't. I had 5 bucks with me and just the scale, if I had made money, where was it? If you're too drunk or stoned to drive, so you decide to take a walk, they can still take your license away for being drunk in traffic.

edit: O yeah, from the amount of weedcrumbs on my scale they deduced that it was dealing in over 20 cases, and got me an extra penalty. Bavaria is so crazy when it comes to that, cops have all the power.

A few years back, 5 cops roughed up about 10 teenagers in the next bigger town over, and stole all their fucking belongings, money, drugs, cell phones, everything. The teenagers tried to sue, but the voice of 1 cop counts as much as 3 civilians, so the 5 cops became 15 all of a sudden. I only ever got this story from 4 of the teenagers, there was 0 report about any of it.

Two of my friends were beaten until their faces were unrecognizable by a cop. This was at their own home. They even came without a search order, doesn't matter in Bavaria. Called "Gefahr im Verzug", ergo, it means that if evidence COULD be lost on the account that they did wait for a search order, they can just act without it, doing whatever the fuck they want, pretty much.

I've got a million cruel cop stories, and I'm not gonna whack them out here, but that's how police in Bavaria is.

Last edited:
NY not only legalized it but worked out someways to clear out past convictions for people that had been in the legal system.

Yeah for the first time in 45 years I am not a criminal for sparking up. However the delay of the last 2 years sent New Yorkers to Mass to buy their weed and the state losts millions while Mass made that money. Not good business to have had this delay although I understand they wanted to work on the whole past conviction issue and not have a free for all like California does.

Even before legalization NYC had so many ways to get weed delivered to you or places you could go to get some. Now it is all over the place. The notion of running out of weed because your guy can't get any is obsolete! :) It was just 2 years ago I would give my nephew $250 and I had to wait for him to come back with weed and sometimes chase him around. Glad that is over with.

Last edited:
Salutations JackARoe,

NY not only legalized it but worked out someways to clear out past convictions...

The NY announcement didn't sound specially great in terms of delays but i vaguely noticed a mention of better equity for discriminated groups involved with cannabis, one way or another... Years ago canuck activist Dana Larsen once refered to "reparation", because the "War-on-Drugs" isn't just "FAILED" - which as far as i'm concerned still leaves way too much room for bigot prohibitionist converging strategies, actually! - hence lets be clear about it:

The "War-on-Drugs" is WRONG

Wrong, as the result of politic reasoning that allows some Public Health issue(s) to fall under control of a predatory "law-enforcement" industry which sure needs to make reparations of their own... 1st by returning goods that were "confiscated" (read stolen) by virtue of "Civil Asset Forfeiture" regulations, for example. Consequently it's no more than UTOPIA to hope for a "Drug-Free World" trying to impose a binary choice between ADDICTIONIST prohibition versus absolute "libertarism" (as mass-media propagantists like to tag some people amoung "us"). Phenomenons as "Fix-my-Kid", "Kids-for-Cash" and "Narconon Trois-Rivières" ain't going away anytime soon IMO. Fear for those with no voice who won't show up on the radars!

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

Last edited:
I was a national park in New Jersey and these two girls walked right past us holding a joint in their hand, I smelled something funny, I was like I don't think that's pot, but I know the pungent smell, they looked in their late teens possibly 18 or 19 or maybe younger and they were walking down the trails smoking pot like they were smoking a cigarette, around families with little kids I asked my girl is pot legal already in Jersey, she said the law was passed and she confirmed it was pot the girl was smoking, but I didn't think you can smoke it out in public.

I know that piece of shit Murphy passed the law, but are you able to smoke it in public like that in front of little kids walking with their parents out in public, if someone were smoking a cigarette out in public all hell would break loose, how dear you smoke tobacco in front of my kids, plus smoking tobacco in parks and beaches in NJ is illegal in most parts.

But I guess it's okay to smoke a whoolah out in public in front of families and their little children.

We are good to go in NY!!
The huge hurdle for me out in the Hamptons is we have ( Powers to be) said will pass on allowing it to be sold here :mad:
But its a Very big state and we need the $$$$. So Thank god

But back to Thomas Davie's question: yes NY state legalised pot, NJ did as well, will Pennsylvania be next?

Virginia and New Mexico.
Virginia - July 1rst, 2021!
New Mexico - State house/senate both passed it and it’s up to the democratic governor to sign.
Yeah, I think Pennsylvania will go legal later this year.

All the dominoes are starting to fall. Started mapping stuff out; if you were driving from Mew York to California this summer you could stop every night in a legal state.

Tom