• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Is there such thing as budda?

Did you ever hear about a New Zealand strain termed "Hinuera Heaven"? Apparently, it came from a crop grown in Morrinsville, which itself was known as "Dead Mans Dope" due to the murder mystery that surrounded it. The grower had disappeared under what was considered very suspicious circumstances.

In the days following his reported disappearance, Police arrived in droves and searched every inch of ground around the guy's farm. Eventually someone questioned a smelly car that had been parked at the airport for 3 weeks. It was later revealed the grower had been killed by shotgun and his body hidden in the boot of that car.

We thought it somewhat ironic that the search teams had walked past the body within moments of arriving at the airport :\

Forgive me for not accepting your citations from High Times, the Furry Freak Bros and "STANISLAUS COUNTY DEPUTY SHERIFF - TRAINEE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE", though I did get a chuckle from "sometimes tied with animal hairs dipped in opium" (skunk.co.uk).

I smoked heaps of buddha sticks in the 1970s and they were just good grass. Never once did I hear anyone suggest that they were opiated. (People did talk about "opiated hash" but i never saw any.)

Have you ever smoked opium? It has a very distictive taste, and at active levels you would notice it.

I am not claiming that there have never been opiated buddha sticks somewhere sometime, but to say that buddha sticks are/were by definition opiated is simply wrong.

Haha! yes I did hear of 'Hinuera Heaven' its a classic story amongst the stoners, same with a few more.. (like the great hash oil bust and the story leading up to it..).

mindsurfer my olds were saying the same thing, I just spoke to them 5 minutes ago - heh, it was popular belief that it was laced with 'something', but at the time the quality of NZ smoke was crap, hence the popularity of ..sticks. Apparently arriving in barrel loads and at the time that was when heroin was a big thing here (mr asia days). Also powdered opium laced weed was quite a thing for a while (even mixed with good bush weed), until the better popularity of skunk/hydro popping up, opium+weed has kind of died out now. I guess only people like myself do it now and then, since poppys grow abundantly about now.
Thinking of track 'too many poppies' by primus heh..

my understanding is that the marijuana plant is extremely adaptable, and over only a few generations the plant will alter how it grows to best suit it's conditions. as a result, many 'different breeds' of plant have come about, but ultimately in a few years you have to reimport. here in australia, our natural bud tends to grow out wide and tall, and the bud is not dense or close together. the crowns will be huge (like 25cm high by 15cm across), but not very dense, and a crown of that size might only hold two or three ounces, whereas in more tropical area's the bud growns more densly and compacted, and a crown of similar siz (allthough i don't think they grow to that size in tropical area's) would hold 10 ounces.

typically, the wetter the environment, the more compacted the whole plant.

this and 'Thai Stick" is probably from the one place in thailand, where plants in constantly similar weather conditions have also been through constant man made conditions, that being the plant is tied with string to control its height and promote energy consumption in the plant ro be used elsewhere than growing higher.

of course i don't really understand much so yeah...