Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Is there such thing as budda?

lynnie

Bluelighter
Is there such thing, is it still around, or is it in australia? I hear alot of oldskool ppl mainly mid 20`s and over have said they tryed it. Some say you can still get it if your willing to pay more or is this all made up?

I never believed in cannabis strain names. Even most growers bullshit what they grow, or they simply do not really know.

Edit: Just checked out that wikipedia link, it seems like a purified form of hash. I'm sure theres strong hash around, but 100% THC I would never believe, it would be a high percentage of cannabinoids, but not THC only. There are hundreds of cannabinoids in the cannabis plant (active, inactive and primer ones)

wow this does make me feel old. without opening the erowid links, we used to smoke what we were told was buddha 20 years ago. it always came in stick form literally. a thin bamboo kebab type sliver with grass material rapped around it and held in place with a piece of cotton spiralled along the length of the "stick". it had a kick like a horse and it's not hard to understand why when you know how it was (supposedly) made.

when they gather opium from the poppies they put it into a big kettle/drum and leave it sit overnight. in the morning it has settled into a heavier (opium?) at the bottom and a milky liquid i was told was called passewa.

this used to be thrown away until some bright spark figured it still contained opiate traces, so they started soaking "sticks" in it and drying tham out.

so i guess it was the opiate traces left in the passewa that gave it it's hit.

now all this is from memory, and we all know how bl has 64 squillion people who just luuuurrrv to spend their nights correcting someones spelling mistakes, so i guess i'm about to suffer the indignance of those who research but never experience.

for what it's worth, that is our (yep just rang and checked wih 2 of my friends who have any neurones left) recollection of buddha, but then again how many times have we been told "this is yape skunk glands" or this is "made from barn owles adrenal glands" when really it's all trust, myth and bullshit.

enjoy and be safe

It's my bet that anyone who said they tried it in aus we're pulling your dick mate

How much are you willing to bet?

The first marijuana we had in NZ during the seventies was known as Thai or Budder sticks and it was around for quite a few years. It was actually spelled
"Buddha" and I even had a T shirt with a packet of sticks and a Buddha on it. It was also in Australia as well during that period - even my wife can testify to that.

At the time, most of this dope was brought in to NZ and Aus by the infamous pair: Terrence Clarke and Marty Johnson, who were also responsible for cutting up couriers they had a problem with - very nasty.

Before that happened, I was seventeen, and a mate and I were hitching to my fathers place when a lanky smooth talking dude in a completely restored Humber super snipe stopped and offered us a ride.

Besides the food and drinks he bought us along the way, he also produced the most potent of weed which left us totally tripping (and freaking out to be honest). I particularly remember the whistling sound of the wind blowing in the car window which was wound down just a bit. I could actually see the musical notes!!

Some time later when the media was running hot stories on "Mr Asia" we realised this was the same guy who'd picked us up. Small world, aye?

The Killing of Mr Asia

A few years later, during the early eighties, I was living in Aus and knew a guy who purchased quite a lot of Budder in brick form. It looked just like the photos in that link. I instantly recognised the unique taste, and the stone was just as I remembered it - massive!!

A lot of people believe in various gods, it comes down the the individual, it's best not to debate their existence on boards like this ... perhaps buddha comes in the same category

^haha

I think you dudes are missing what this budda is, it dosnt come in stick form its some extract of canabinoids, but i also doubt it is 99% thc!

^^ Wtf!!! The Buddha i saw and tried many yrs ago was in stick form, unroll the wire and you took off what you wanted, which was very little. Havnt seen it around for about 15 yrs. God i sound old now ;)

Sorry i'm a tool, i re-read the post and see what budder the op is talking about, not the hash in vancoover but some awesome buds that come in stick form? I know i've got it wrong, can someone explain these old school sicks to me.

basix said:
I hope thats sarcasm starboy

No offence intended to anybody :) I just got a great kick out of it:

Is there any such thing as budda

Is there such thing, is it still around, or is it in australia?

Like it was a response to a "Is there any such thing as God" thread or something.

Does Buddha exist in Australia, or is it just for people in the Asian continent?

What is the God in Australia?

I'm digging myself in deeper here huh. :(

We used to make Honey oil by washing bud's with liquid butane and passing through a filter. After the gas would evaporate off there would be an amber sticky goo that we would hit through a crack pipe. It was rather potant and smooth on the throat. A pain in the ass to handle, apperently it was better to extract the substance onto another bud and make one very very strong.

The Wiki entry said it was hash oil that had been isomerised by freezing. Any chance that Buddha is just Honey oil? Its really pure and the extraction is done with freezing cold liquid gas.

On a side note it was funny giving my mates an ounce of bud, which I had cleaned free of THC. They were excited but got sus when they didn't get stoned :p

my boss always tells me about when he was an apprentice going up to a pub on parra road and a guy in there yelling 'who wants their budda sticks' he swears the guy used to stand on a stool and yell it out and i never had any idea what budda sticks were till this post i just thought they were a certain strand of pot!! he also tells me about the lollies they used to have,he calls them amphetaphines but he is mad as a cut snake!!

Is there Buddha around?...Probably not.

Was there Buddah around?...Oh yes.

"everhopeful" and "Phase-dancer's" responses are correct.

I smoked a fair deal of it in the 80's.........Made me spinout and vomit.....powerfull stuff.

I doubt very much that the buddha sticks of the 1970s were opiated. It was just very high quality bud, at a time when that was rare in Australia.

psybeebee said:
wait wait, is it even politically correct to refer to buddha as "it"??:O

The Buddha appeared in both male and female forms, so a gender neutral pronoun would seem best.

LOL at this thread. Kids today 8) :)

I doubt very much that the buddha sticks of the 1970s were opiated. It was just very high quality bud, at a time when that was rare in Australia.

Why is it so difficult to believe? Try reading some High Times magazines from the 70's, or even a few comic strips of "The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers". If that's not convincing, try reading some of the books written by/ about Howard Marks (Mr Nice).

Here's a definition from skunk.co.uk:

Thai stick - variety of marijuana usually wrapped around thin bamboo splints and sometimes tied with animal hairs dipped in opium

Perhaps more formal documents would convince:

This is taken from "STANISLAUS COUNTY DEPUTY SHERIFF - TRAINEE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE"

12. In answering the following questions, respond with SPECIFIC dates. Omissions of information or non-specific information will result in an AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.

Have you within the past 3 years, without your personal doctor’s prescription,
used, tried, experimented, or in any way ingested into your body:

...Thai Sticks: Opiated Grass

Still not convinced. Try looking at mid seventies Microgram articles (you'll need to work in LE to order them) or Journal of Forensic Science articles from the same era - available at a cost.

LOL at this thread. Kids today

I share the same thoughts JB. No doubt in part due to net life replacing real-life experiences. Even then, in relation to the questioned existence of opiated thai dope; a simple "net-life" google should have cleared up these doubts.

Yeah my olds used to go on to me about buddha sticks in the early 70s, then how someone in te puke managed to source a very good strain, infamously 'te puke thunder' which was potent sticky outdoor bush. Same as what you would say about 'coromandel'. As for me, id take another buddha blotter any day!!