• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is there even a way to take Kratom that doesn't make you gag?

I'm curious as to what even Keaton is, is it an opiate ? Is it legal in the U.K. ?

Kratom, not keaton(as in beetlejuice?), is the plant mytragina speciosa, which is in the same plant family(a cousin of sorts) as coffee. It is not an opiate.

It is an amazingly medicinal botanical with a number if uses such as relieving some pain, helping with anxiety/depression, and easing opiate/opioid withdrawls, to name a few.

There are many strains, each with a slightly different combination of alkaloids(i think theres around 40 known?) responsible for the variation of its effects.

I like to use cannabis as an example for comparison. Different strains have different cannabinoid combinations responsible for the nuances of effects similar(in a general way) to how kratom strains have different combinations of its alkaloids responsible the nuances of its effects.

Kratoms alkaloids are(even) less researched/understood though at this point but it too has been being used for centuries in different parts of the world.

Im not sure about UK legality(as im in the US) but if youre interested in researching it, theres a lot of good information(in between the propaganda) online.

APOLOGIES TO OP for getting sidetracked and making a long post directed towards another poster.
Im drinkin my morning coffee and kind of got carried away.
Sorry again....

Last edited:
It might not be chemically related to morphine but it is i believe i partial agonist at the opioid receptors.

For example i believe
Morphine
Heroin
Codeine
Hydrocodone
Oxycodone
All have a similar chemical structure that looks like three stop signs stacked together

But i dont use opiates so i could be wrong.

But i do think alot of the gagging could be like coffee it has alot of stuff in it which irritates your throat and stomach which isnt necessary a bad thing but very uncomfortable

For example in coffee it has melanoidins and diterpines glycosides and chlorogenic acid which while make u nausous actuallly might help reduce cognitive deficit and act as signaling molecules and reduce inflammation and offfer neuroprotection.