• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Is There Anything That Helps Someone Lower Heart Rate After Smoking Crack?

I know using beta blockers seems logical at first, but they should not be used in an attempt to reduce blood pressure from stimulants.

They can actually increase vasoconstriction in the coronary arteries, as well as induce angina and an overall increase in blood pressure. Benzodiazepines are a much better choice for these situations.

Good to know...

I should have added that I have only seen friend using them when on stims, and it ended up well. Haven't checked medical references though

I don't like benzos myself, because they are bit detrimental to the stimulation (and I use stims only to get alert)... if heart problems start to be overwhelming I guess I could take them...

^Yeah, this would be to help treat if there is a problem, not something one can do every time they use stims to reduce risk. Benzodiazepines are really the only thing that I could recommend self-administering.

The ideal situation would be nitrates and benzodiazepines, and possibly an alpha blocker as well but this couldn't be done with any measure of safety outside of a hospital.

I've used clonodine when I've been on I.V coke binges, and found that that helped some, and I've also used benzodiazepines. The problem with both of these drugs, is that it seems to take a really long time for them to kick in, when you've been smoking or shooting lots of coke. The only thing thats ever worked instantly for a comedown is heroin, which is why people speedball obviously (that and it feels great). Heroin of course isn't a healthy option, but if your shooting or smoking coke, I imagine that heroin wouldn't be to taboo for you. Of course, try the benzo's and the clonodine first.

on another not about benzo's to come down from crack, you have to be carefull about this. I've known two people who shoot and smoke coke like crazy, and they would down tons of xanax bars to come down. Eventually both of these people had grand mal seizures because they were unaware that they had become addicted to benzodiazepines as well.

on another not about benzo's to come down from crack, you have to be carefull about this. I've known two people who shoot and smoke coke like crazy, and they would down tons of xanax bars to come down. Eventually both of these people had grand mal seizures because they were unaware that they had become addicted to benzodiazepines as well.

Interesting point. I could see this becoming a problem. Developing a dependence to benzodiazepines is easier than people realize. Couple the heightened seizure risk during benzo withdrawal, with large amounts of IV coke/crack, and bad shit could happen no doubt.

clonidine!!

Best by far. Work better for coke than opiates. That with a 2mg clonazapam
should fo the trick. Need to do enough clomidine though. If your heart rate completely off the charts .2mg clonadine at least . Sometimes I do .3-4mg along with benzos. Works like a harm.

However, it is better to prempt it and take .1mg clonidine first if you plan on going on a coke binge.

IV Adenosine would balance it I would think, though it would potentiate benzos of any kind. Idk where the fuck you would get Adenosine from other than a hospital, unless you have a friend as its not a controlled substance at all. Other than that you have well benzos and beta blockers like clonodine. Clonodine would keep any hypertension in tact and probably lower heart rate it treats the physicial symptoms of the effects of things that increase dopamine/norephephrine like coke, amphetamines, any upper and anxiety. Benzos would be a good choice too though for me at least benzos just counter act stimulants all together, good to have if you start to spill over the top in how much uppers you've taken but in terms of still having fun I would think the benzos would kill it, at least at clinical levels, can't say I've tried benzos in low doses with amphetamines Ive always used them if I started to tweak hard. Lastly opioids w/ amphetamines in my experience has helped a bit, BP and HR slightly lowered (yes I do test these things I'm sort of a nerd lol) but not to the level that a benzo would. Methylphenidate + Oxymorphone = pure bliss though..

Isn't adenosine extremely short acting and used to chemically cardiovert supraventricular tachycardia?

I can't image delivering a rapid saline push of a drug that stops your heart for several seconds while coming down from coke, and can't think of any advantage of doing so.

Unless there is some sort of slow adenosine drip that I'm not familiar with but I can't see how it wouldn't be broken down before it reached your heart.

Beta blockers... Those lower the blood-pressure too..
Beta blockers are known to be dangerous with coke, because of something to do with not blocking alpha-adrenergic effects. So that wouldn't be an option.

Beta blockers are known to be dangerous with coke, because of something to do with not blocking alpha-adrenergic effects. So that wouldn't be an option.

This.^
Beta blockers must not be used in the treatment of cocaine, amphetamine, or other alpha adrenergic stimulant overdose. The blockade of only beta receptors increases hypertension, reduces coronary blood flow, left ventricular function, and cardiac output and tissue perfusion by means of leaving the alpha adrenergic system stimulation unopposed.[35] The appropriate antihypertensive drugs to administer during hypertensive crisis resulting from stimulant abuse are vasodilators like nitroglycerin, diuretics like furosemide and alpha blockers like phentolamine.[36]

Take a few of the pills that fall in the benzodiazepines class, which is Xanax, Valium, and so on. To give you an even better tip place one bar or football Xanax and one Valium under your tong and let it dissolve, it will bring you down 5 times faster and you do not have to take as many. Under the tong is known as the MAIN VAIN, it is as close to shooting up as you can get without shooting up, and by the way NEVER SHOOT UP A benzodiazepine pill, unless your lucky enough to get the liquid and that is about 1 chance out of a million. I was experiencing serious chest tightness off some really awesome drop, crack and it went away in about 10 min after placing under my tong.

NEVER, DO ANY COKE without having your come down, the little trick i shared with you above can cut 2 hours of hell into 15 - 20 minutes.

I agree with the folks saying benzos. Nowadays I don't use stims at all without benzodiazepines. I find longer acting benzos such as diazepam more effective in this regard but experiment a bit and see what works best for you.