• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Is there an official consensus on Xanax 2 mg Twice a week being safe physically?

xbandit07x

Bluelighter
Basically, 2 MG Xanax, then 96 hours later, 2 MG Xanax, which is three days of full abstinence in between, and it eaten again on the fourth day. Psychologically, if you like Xanax, I can see where this is a problem psychologically, but it is NOT anti-anxiety for me. I take 40 mg Dexedrine legally prescribed 3 days on, 3 days off. Dexedrine provides an anti-anxiety affect for me, however I recently have been using 2 mg xanax every 96 hours for a dexedrine comedown for muscle relaxation and hyperactivity when Dex wears off.

So from a purely physical standpoint, not psychological, could someone stop cold turkey or choose to continue taking 2mg xanax every 96 hours and never have physical repercussions. (No hypothetical scenario where you must be addicted to them spiraling blah blah blah, im talking maintaining a habbit of 2mg Wednesday night, then 2mg Sunday night, then 2 mg thursday that week etc., is that safe to jump off of, or continue that way?)

Why so much? if you are only needing it to ease the dex comedown then why not take .5-1mg, there will be less rebound anxiety and it will still have some good effect since you don't take it everyday.

Why so much? if you are only needing it to ease the dex comedown then why not take .5-1mg, there will be less rebound anxiety and it will still have some good effect since you don't take it everyday.

Assuming there is no rebound anxiety psychologically would the dose of 1 milligram vs 2 milligram taken once every 4 days make a difference in the ability to safely stop doing this practice or continue it indefinitely?

Inotherwords: is benzo withdrawal almost entirely always only in your head if you dose about .5-2mg every 96 hours?

From a physical standpoint it should be fine to take in those intervals, however rebound anxienty and wd symptoms although unlikely, still could occur. This is where the 'everybody's body is different' variable comes into play..

If Dexedrine negates some of the Benzos effect, aka 6 hours after a Dexedrine taking 1 mg Xanax feels weaker than 1 mg Xanax if no Dexedrine was in your system, does that mean your chance of developing dependency of Xanax is reduced because it's being used to balance an already lowered GABA state rather than overproducing GABA?

I've known certain people who were able to cold turkey daily Xanax (2-12mg) only when also cold turkeying adderall. Very little information available on this.

As for me I'm wondering if my brain has two seperate GABA banks where 2 mg Xanax seems to only cause harm/tolerance while on an amp and off an amp my tolerance is at a low level, thus maybe it's unaffected so far.

Last edited:
4mg of xanax a week will not cause a physical dependency. You're fine.

4mg of xanax a week will not cause a physical dependency. You're fine.

But if that 4 mg were spread out so that a person takes 1 mg every other day for months people online say you can have a seizure, it is an emergency etc.
How do you draw this line if you are someone that has no rebound anxiety or cravings but wants to just stop taking them.

This isnt about my every 96 hour usage, but relevant nevertheless because im wondering what symptoms indicate you are at a point of dangerous physical withdrawal, and in 99% of the cases is it a complete nightmare before you seize? I read about outliers who dont notice a withdrawal but a seizure hits them.

twice a week being fine? lol. doenst get any more safe than that.

now if you can keep it at twice a week; thats the difficult part.

It's hard to believe but the truth is that even at that rate there is still some risk of developing benzo dependency. I would recommend using it once a week and using something else to ease the come down the other time you take dex, have you tried kava or valerian or kratom? Mulungu bark is another powerful natural sedative.

It's hard to believe but the truth is that even at that rate there is still some risk of developing benzo dependency. I would recommend using it once a week and using something else to ease the come down the other time you take dex, have you tried kava or valerian or kratom? Mulungu bark is another powerful natural sedative.
how is it possible? lets say you are using 2MG on Monday and Thursday. how is it possible to pick up a physical habit? way too far out; I dont think it can be done.

I use 1MG/Xanax almost every night; for sleep purposes. then I will go 3 days, sometimes even more, w/o touching a thing and I am absolutely fine. it is completely out of the system by that time so its hard for it to become a physical habit. mental, maybe.. but physical, if a Xanax, is very hard since its such a fast acting drug.

how is it possible? lets say you are using 2MG on Monday and Thursday. how is it possible to pick up a physical habit? way too far out; I dont think it can be done.
Although unlikely, it still is possible to pick up a physical dependency, and even better chances of picking up a psychological dependency.
The problem for most people is sticking to that dosing regiment. slowly but surely we start to justify using it 3 times per week instead of 2, then before you know it, you're using daily and have picked up a nasty benzo habit.