• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is their a dose of daily opiates at which endorphin is essentially no longer present?

Branggen

Bluelighter
Its been a while since Ive look into opioid/withdrawal neurochemistry but if I remember correct the endogenous opiates are downregulated or something, which I take to mean less are produced. Is there a point at which you pretty much no longer have any endogenous activity?

Probably yes, I do not know how it will work exactly but I suppose that in heavy users it must be very difficult for their endogenous system to recover at some time, in my case it seems to be pretty screwed, I can no longer feel the same feeling of hugging happiness, a delicious meal , it is no longer the same as before, that great happiness that gave me good news does not feel as strong as before ... scientifically speaking I do not know, but in practice I have noticed important changes in my endogenous system

I even think an orgasm felt stronger before, it may be because my libido is low too, but the fact that an orgasm no longer feels as pleasurable may indicate something.

Yea man Ive felt all of these things think they have gotten a bit better since Ive tapered though

No, there is always some level of engogenous opioid production.

Beta endorphin is actually a cleavage product of a much bigger protien. preproopiomelanocortin. It's cleaved to proopiomelanocortin, which is then cleaved to adrenocorticotrophin (ACTH), beta-lipotropin, and melanocyte-stimulating hormone. Lipotropin is then cleaved again to form beta endorphin.

So without endorphin production you'd also be without at least 3 other peptide horomones! Crazy.

@sekio
Thanks for the science lesson, does having reduced endorphin production correlate with reduced level of these hormones as well? I know testosterone production is lowered from long term opioid use.

Does anyone know if high dose buprenorphine blocks endogenous opioids? So if some one were to exercise while on a decent bupe dose, would they not get the 'runners high' or rewarding effects of exercise?

Does anyone know if high dose buprenorphine blocks endogenous opioids? So if some one were to exercise while on a decent bupe dose, would they not get the 'runners high' or rewarding effects of exercise?
I asked my maintenance doc this a long time ago, Im 90% sure the answer was it does not block endorphins. Actually I had asked it regarding naloxone not suboxone but same difference I would think. Endorphin production would still probably be lower than a normal person if you are taking suboxone but it isnt actually blocked as far as what i was told

I asked my maintenance doc this a long time ago, Im 90% sure the answer was it does not block endorphins. Actually I had asked it regarding naloxone not suboxone but same difference I would think. Endorphin production would still probably be lower than a normal person if you are taking suboxone but it isnt actually blocked as far as what i was told

Thanks for that info. I noticed while I was addicted to short acting opiates and heroin, I loved working out. But the last 5 years I've been on bupe, I've put on 30lbs and never have the motivation anymore to exercise. Not sure what my deal is.

I think I’ve reached it, to be honest. My natural endorphins may as well not exist. I can do up to 100mg of isotonitazene a day. And it’s a long lasting, as potent as fent chem. If it weren’t so affordable I wouldn’t have been here but having a stockpile led to this.

What does 100mg of that equate to in terms of morphine IV or methadone PO?
(whatROA Are you using?)

No, there is always some level of engogenous opioid production.

Beta endorphin is actually a cleavage product of a much bigger protien. preproopiomelanocortin. It's cleaved to proopiomelanocortin, which is then cleaved to adrenocorticotrophin (ACTH), beta-lipotropin, and melanocyte-stimulating hormone. Lipotropin is then cleaved again to form beta endorphin.

So without endorphin production you'd also be without at least 3 other peptide horomones! Crazy.
what does this mean in simple terms though sekio?