• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

is the Wii good

ok I started a wii page.... but

I'ma let you in on a secret... Nintendo stumbled on one of the best way to game in a long time... and girls like it too... it's like... a big plus.

It is Great... not good... Great.

I'd take issue with the word "stumbled"

[fanboy] nintendo was the company that has the balls to release a two screened gameboy with a stylus when it was going up against a widescreened, high res, portable convergence device (PSP). They absolutely wiped the floor with their competiton :)[/fanboy]

I think the Wii is easily going to be the top console. When you turn on the Wii there is like 4 pages of "channels" left blank so they can add them in the future. They have created a really good base to build onto with their instant updates to the console software and such.

Honestly though the game selection at the moment isn't very good but that is normal for a release. Excite Truck, Zelda, Trauma: Second Op, Splinter Cell are really the only games I like that are out.

Second quarter of 2007 is when there should be internet multiplayer enabled games coming out and according to the president of Nintendo they plan to add several "multiplayer channels" to the Wii for meeting people or whatever. They didn't say any specifics but I'm really looking forward to it.

Oh and uhh.. the internet channel on the Wii is really nice. This guy wrote a custom PHP page to control various IP enabled devices in his home and then you can browse to the page on the Wii and use the wiimote to control your house. I plan to create my own custom page after seeing this.

http://wiihacks.blogspot.com/2006/12/nintendo-wii-controlled-smarthome.html

And another thing.. the virtual console part is going to be sweet. If they build a large library of games to purchase it'll be like owning 6 systems in one. Can go back and play Contra on the NES, Sonic on the Sega, Mario Kart for 64. It's going to be really nice if they have a large selection of titles which I'm sure they will.

Last edited:
wii is dope. im in LA visiting my cousin and hes got one and it definantly is fun. As said though game selection sucks and it can get repetitive jerking your hands around non-stop.

im still gonna blow stacks of cash ont he PS3 when i can get ahold of one.

i got bored after about three minutes, but apparently many other pewople feel differently about it.

:)

my records show about 105 games of tennis have been played by me and it's progressively getting harder and more fun. not that it wasn't fun to begin with. it most certainly was.

one thing i am greatly looking forward to is a realistic sim of a baseball game for the wii, i think it will rock. my cousin just picked up madden and we played a couple games on it. seems like some of the action motion controls are buggy, especially the kicking game.

wii sports by far is the best game out so far imho.

I'm not much of a gamer, in the sense I don't buy consoles most of the time, or games, but if there's one present I'll play it.

Wii looks like fun, with that Zelda game and it's unique playing method, but if I could (which I can't $$$) I would take PS3! The games look damn good. Never played the Wii though, looking forward to trying it sometime though.

The Wii is great for anyone, even people who hate video games! Plus, having old-school games available to play is gonna totally kick monkey butt! So much more worth it than the PS3.

love mine. been playing zelda and even my gf has been playing it for me. it seems to be a long game to play. also the sports games are great, golf, tennis, bowling, baseball, are all fun and a great workout. However Im looking for new games to play especially 2 players since I got a extra nunchuck

Yeah the new zelda is the longest one in the series, oh that game is so perfect!

Love my wii, i want a proper boxing game, that would be fly!

HOOLLLY shit my moms boss just bought us a wii. We have to wait about 1 week before we can actually get it but I'm so fucking stoked. he gave us some racing game with it, anyone play any of those on the wii if so how are they?

oh yea reccomend me some tight games cause I haven't really been into video games since the n64 days. I'm gonna get the zelda one for sure but I need more games that multiple people can play and have fun together with.

The wii is the greatest invention ever. I have the ps3 and the Wii. If I could only have one, I would definitely give up the ps3.

I am confident that within a year, the Wii will cure cancer, end hunger in Africa, and bring peace and prosperity to the world. this little machine is the most amazing thing I have ever had.

jam uh weezy said:
HOOLLLY shit my moms boss just bought us a wii. We have to wait about 1 week before we can actually get it but I'm so fucking stoked. he gave us some racing game with it, anyone play any of those on the wii if so how are they?

oh yea reccomend me some tight games cause I haven't really been into video games since the n64 days. I'm gonna get the zelda one for sure but I need more games that multiple people can play and have fun together with.
dude, get Excite Truck. It is the best game ever created.