• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Is poleo mint safe to take with an SSRI?

P

Pregunta poleo

Does anyone here know if poleo mint is safe to drink as a tea while you take 20mg of lexapro? I can't find any information, and poleo is not penny royal but is related and called false penny royal, and is a type of mint. I did ask my doctor and a pharacist and they had never heard of poleo mint.

I guess you mean Mentha pulegium ?
From wikipedia
Pennyroyal is used to make herbal teas, which, although not proven to be dangerous to healthy adults in small doses, is not recommended, due to its known toxicity to the liver.Consumption can be fatal to infants and children.It has been traditionally employed as an emmenagogue (menstrual flow stimulant) or as an abortifacient. Pennyroyal is also used to settle an upset stomach and to relieve flatulence. The fresh or dried leaves of pennyroyal have also been used when treating colds, influenza, abdominal cramps, and to induce sweating, as well as in the treatment of diseases such as smallpox and tuberculosis, and in promoting latent menstruation. Pennyroyal leaves, both fresh and dried, are especially noted for repelling insects. However, when treating infestations such as fleas, using the plant's essential oil should be avoided due to its toxicity to both humans and animals, even at extremely low levels.
I wouldn't touch that, but it doesn't state that it interacts with serotonin receptors, so I guess it should be 'safe', but better ask you doc/pharmacist again about Mentha pulegium, maybe they know that name ?

Do this and Pennyroyal cause some kind of highs and if so, what are they like??

I'd never heard of this and have only heard of Pennyroyal in passing, but now I'm interested.

I also take Lexapro, 40mgs, but I wouldn't use either if they seemed too dangerous.

I know intoxicating mint is supposed to create a high and I have some of that I've been meaning to brew up for a while now and I hope it hasn't lost its potency as I've probably had it over a year now in a ziplock bag...

Are either of these related to Intoxicating Mint?

And why do I hear those so rarely mentioned if they do produce some sort of high?

Even the article you linked doesn't mention it causing a high, so did you want to use it for medicinal uses?

Does Penny Royal cause a high?

I only know it from the Nirvana song "Penny Royal tea".