• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Is physical dependence with halcion more of a non issue?

deruyityn

Bluelighter
Ie is it like ghb for instance in that it is out of the system so fast that it doesn't have time to change brain chemistry significantly?

Ofc I wouldn't plan to take it all the time.

Just the odd occassion every couple of weeks of the little that is available and or for the odd stim comedown. But aside from testing it to see what it is like I think Id save it for the latter.

I always been terrified of taking benzoes basically ever due to the horror withdrawal stories it felt like even one dose was making a pact to sell your soul.

But would halcion be less like this since its half life is so short?

Is it moreish in that you want to take it more often or is it a take it or leave it thing where you're happy with a dose and you won't think about it the days after?

I havent read much bad tales of addiction about it except for people who were prescribed it for a long time and took it every night.

Last edited:
not really, it might be a better choice than valium but the truth is if you take any benzo only every 2 weeks (in a small dose) you will not become dependent but take any benzo daily and you will.

You won't become physically dependent on any benzo with only occasional use, psychological dependence is the real issue at hand. I've been using benzos up to several times a week for months now (not saying this is advisable) and have not experienced wds, but in all honestly it would be hard not to take them at all. They're so useful, unfortunately. And personally, I find drugs with short half lives to be the most fiendish because short highs or short effects don't tend to leave me satisfied. I'd shoot for something in the middle, like xanax. Never tried halcion though.

Don't go thinking that Triazolam (Halcion) is any less liable to induce dependency than any other Benzodiazepine. It's true that if you use only occasionally, then you really have nothing to worry about in terms of dependence/withdrawal. The truth is that you can easily become addicted to any Benzodiazepine. Granted, Triazolam has a short duration of action and an accompaningly short half-life, but if you like the feeling it gives you, there's nothing to stop you from taking more once the effects wear off.

Just be weary of Benzodiazepines. Getting hooked on them is not a situation you ever want to be in. If you're taking Triazolam every two weeks, don't sweat it, it's not a big deal, but if you start taking it daily, dependence can sneak up on you.

Don't go thinking that Triazolam (Halcion) is any less liable to induce dependency than any other Benzodiazepine. It's true that if you use only occasionally, then you really have nothing to worry about in terms of dependence/withdrawal. The truth is that you can easily become addicted to any Benzodiazepine. Granted, Triazolam has a short duration of action and an accompaningly short half-life, but if you like the feeling it gives you, there's nothing to stop you from taking more once the effects wear off.

Just be weary of Benzodiazepines. Getting hooked on them is not a situation you ever want to be in. If you're taking Triazolam every two weeks, don't sweat it, it's not a big deal, but if you start taking it daily, dependence can sneak up on you.

This.

And many people also find that the shorter acting benzos have more potential in terms of psychological addiction, which is what leads to re-dosing and eventually physical dependence. Also, short half life or not, triazolam is a really potent benzo.

In the 90s, when I had to fly from Chicago to San Francisco or San Diego on business every couple or weeks, I used to take Halcion to get through the 5 hour flight. (afraid of flying)

It's very potent, but I don't remember it being very euphoric at all. I'd take my dose as we were making our way onto the plane, and be asleep by the time we started the takeoff roll.

It would wear off in about four hours, but there was enough residual sedation left for me to get through the remainder of the flight and the landing, which at SF was saying something as that is one scary airport to land at.