• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is Percocet still being made?

winkler

Greenlighter
I haven't seen or heard of anyone taking Percocet in years, and recently saw some pop-up on a market. What are the chances these are fake? And if fake, what could they actually contain?

They still make them. I have an old lady friend that gets them prescribed to her, 10s, along with oxycontin 20 mg.

They still make them. I have an old lady friend that gets them prescribed to her, 10s, along with oxycontin 20 mg.

Interesting I didn’t know they made perc 10’s, bet those are sought out. I remember a few times long ago getting the old 10mg OC’s, Grey colored if I remember right.

-GC

Guys I think I may be wrong. She takes oxycodone 325/10. And Oxycontin 20mg.

Percs are the yellow pills, my step dad use to have a script. Her pills are not yellow, they are white.

I'm not sure what the difference between oxycodone and Percocet is. I thought Percocet was just a brand name.

Yup percocet is the brand name and has acetominophen in it. I knew lots of people who brushed me off when I tried to tell them excess tylenol was bad for their livers. No one ever listened to me and they seemed to derive joy in drinking on them and telling me they'd been "doing it forever" and that I was wrong.

Of course percocet is still being made. God bless the narcotic that sent me spiraling into an abyss of seemingly never-ending darkness <3

Arbitrary--but percocet always hit me like a brick. Much harder than oxycodone ever did. It's just the Tylenol content is an additional health risk especially with heavier use. Percocet is oxycodone with Tylenol added. For some reason yellow percocet is called "endocet." The title doesn't matter per say.... just note whether the oxy has Tylenol added so you can eliminate a potential hazard on the liver. Tylenol is very bad for one's liver. For someone to repeatedly take opioids for years on a daily basis and to totally ignore the Tylenol would be tragic.

Last edited:
Really good reminder about Tylenol, and keeping the dosage of that also in check (y)

Thanks for the responses

Why do many say that Percs are better than plain old oxycodone? :unsure:

Does tylenol potentiate the sedative properties of oxy in some way? At least for me, tylenol has always made me sleepy.

Why do many say that Percs are better than plain old oxycodone? :unsure:

Does tylenol potentiate the sedative properties of oxy in some way? At least for me, tylenol has always made me sleepy.

Endocet (yellow percocet) was a recreational favorite for many but people on BL tend to hate it for some reason lol. And I don't want to get a valid medication that holds place in the medical world banned over some hysteria :love:

Percocet is really the best medication for someone with short-term pain relief problems. Like a surgery recovery type of treatment. The tylenol really helps with physical ailments looking back on it. I just really hope that doctors today have learned from the previous years that you should not provide someone who needs long term pain relief with percocet. Morphine tablets are probably good for that kind of situation but they have their own problems. The tylenol is not meant to be consumed in the way recreational users use opioids. Not like tylenol is the worst thing? It's just once you kind of hit 60 milligrams of percocet on the regular it begins to add up slowly over time. There's really no way to say why percocet might feel different than oxycodone. It's not an added benefit I'd say. Just like how some beers feel different than others. If you use opioids regularly it's just something to watch out for because cold water extraction methods could save your liver and realistically no one can tell how long you'll be on opioids for. Trust me lol. It's a substance that determining dependency in a way is just a dice roll.. at times. How can you tell you're an addict when the substance starts to feel a little too good after a while and you need something for the pain? You know part of me really misses it actually but moving on. People blame everyone for their addictions like it's an easy subject. It's a grey place and in 2020 some things maybe finally the public will be able to let slide. With opioids it's way too easy to think you can quit at any time and control your use. Realizing that you can't stop when it's too late is personally something that I don't want anyone to feel but opiates are their own entity and it's beyond anyone's control to a degree. So many sitting ducks out there for opiate addiction and it's just about being in the wrong place and time.

Last edited:
I just got percs in the hospital maybe 6 weeks ago. Came across percs more than any opiate this year actually, though I haven’t spent much time looking.

I just got percs in the hospital maybe 6 weeks ago. Came across percs more than any opiate this year actually, though I haven’t spent much time looking.

That is actually not what I expected but maybe Canada has different regulations.. The US is in a weird spot right now. They're trying to combat the opiate epidemic and yes one way to do that is to restrict medications but people with real chronic pain are being cut off at the same time which... an unintended consequence but imo somewhat immoral. I don't know what my country will do moving forward but I hope there's some solution that does not directly impact people's lives on a brutal and personal level.

People cut off abruptly out of the blue whether chronic pain or not > direct heroin use. Literally doctoral papers can be written about it. We can't shame people for drug use anymore we have to treat it :( my posts are weirdly personal but there's a lot of people really suffering out there. Heroin use in my country is at an all time high and it's loaded with who knows what. I just want them to do something about it finally in a non-military like fashion that makes people seek help. Anything besides another law that makes people's use so much worse.

Last edited:
That is actually not what I expected but maybe Canada has different regulations.. The US is in a weird spot right now. They're trying to combat the opiate epidemic and yes one way to do that is to restrict medications but people with real chronic pain are being cut off at the same time which... an unintended consequence but imo somewhat immoral. I don't know what my country will do moving forward but I hope there's some solution that does not directly impact people's lives on a brutal and personal level.

People cut off abruptly out of the blue whether chronic pain or not > direct heroin use. Literally doctoral papers can be written about it. We can't shame people for drug use anymore we have to treat it :(
Canada has had the same deal since the Oxy epidemic which has led quick to the same fentanyl crisis you have, but I guess percs aren’t as much off the list here maybe. Not sure. Might just be my particular situation / people too.

Though we are more progressive on how we treat the issue now, we along way to go still too.

Canada has had the same deal since the Oxy epidemic which has led quick to the same fentanyl crisis you have, but I guess percs aren’t as much off the list here maybe. Not sure. Might just be my particular situation / people too.

Though we are more progressive on how we treat the issue now, we along way to go still too.

Well I guess you could say our continent has enough fentynal to kill off the dinosaurs by this point (but it was a meteor maybe). Where it comes from or why there is so much of it is questionable. Anyway good night great talk ;)

They're trying to combat the opiate epidemic and yes one way to do that is to restrict medications but people with real chronic pain are being cut off at the same time which... an unintended consequence but imo somewhat immoral....
People cut off abruptly out of the blue whether chronic pain or not > direct heroin use. Literally doctoral papers can be written about it. We can't shame people for drug use anymore we have to treat it :(

So spot on! So many people that aren’t abusing their medication are having it stripped and in turn seek it elsewhere. This literally guides them into the world of drug use and all of the stupid stuff that comes along with it; being ripped off, given samples of things they never would have otherwise tried.
You’re absolutely correct, the time for shaming drug users should never have been, so it’s “high” (lol) time it ends now. More programs to offer help are desperately needed. Even just some simple information about the challenges of tapering off these medicines would be helpful.

p
Guys I think I may be wrong. She takes oxycodone 325/10. And Oxycontin 20mg.

Percs are the yellow pills, my step dad use to have a script. Her pills are not yellow, they are white.

I'm not sure what the difference between oxycodone and Percocet is. I thought Percocet was just a brand name.
percs are white. they come in 5/325 oxy/acetophetamin or 10/325 oxy/acetophetamin.

ahh gotcha. what's the difference between them and percs??
Honestly, I have no clue. Lol. They are both oxycodone. Manufacturer maybe?

I found this on the internet, "First, yellow Percocet is prevalent. Usually, the highest dosage is yellow Percocet, and is often an elliptical or oval-shape.If the Percocet is generic, it may also be yellow. Generally, yellow Percocet is the 10mg/325mg perscription, regardless of whether it’s generic or brand name. Lower doses of Percocet tend to be white and round. It may be imprinted with “Percocet” if it’s the brand name, and it may also have a number on it that represents how much oxycodone it contains."

I googled what's the difference between the two and every site I read on says they are the exact same thing. Oxycodone.

Last edited:
Honestly, I have no clue. Lol. They are both oxycodone. Manufacturer maybe?

I found this on the internet, "First, yellow Percocet is prevalent. Usually, the highest dosage is yellow Percocet, and is often an elliptical or oval-shape.If the Percocet is generic, it may also be yellow. Generally, yellow Percocet is the 10mg/325mg perscription, regardless of whether it’s generic or brand name. Lower doses of Percocet tend to be white and round. It may be imprinted with “Percocet” if it’s the brand name, and it may also have a number on it that represents how much oxycodone it contains."

I googled what's the difference between the two and every site I read on says they are the exact same thing. Oxycodone.
hmm odd. must be different around your parts. both 5's and 10's are white around here. people called 5's tecs cuz of the imprint and 10's numbers cuz they were stamped with numbers. either way all percs!