• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is oxycodone better when you're addicted?

pocketsevens

Bluelighter
So I was addicted to oxycodone a while ago, and I've been off it for about a month and a half, and just got a new script. I've noticed that when you first start taking oxycodone after long breaks, it's not great. The first two I took made me feel good, but then I took more the next day and had bad side effects. I was irritable and drowsy, rather than euphoric and energized. (Oxy can make me drowsy, but usually if I take a small amount when I'm really tired it gives me an energy boost.)

This seems to be recurrent every time I start up with oxy. It's not good at first and it's not until I get into the habit of taking it that I start seeing the real benefits. (Which begs the question, why do I keep being dumb enough to get addicted? Oh well, don't judge please. :D)

Does anyone else have these experiences when they start up with oxy? Like is it bad at first, but then gets better once your body is used to it?

That's just a sign that you should have been taking a smaller dose in the first place and you, in essence, needed to develop a certain amount of tolerance before you could "enjoy" it.

Oxy is actually quite potent to someone with no or minimal opioid tolerance, I've seen cases where 20mg is enough to make someone sick, cold sweats, dizzy, etc. but 10mg is plenty.

long story short - no it is not better when you are addicted. maybe your first few weeks, but eventually you stop getting any positive effects from it. you just need it to feel normal and able to function. your brain then adjusts to feeling a reward just by feeling "normal" because otherwise you feel like total shit. and your "normal" isn't even normal - you're barely there, pretty much on auto-pilot enough to function. that is the true nature once addiction really sets in.

long story short - no it is not better when you are addicted. maybe your first few weeks, but eventually you stop getting any positive effects from it. you just need it to feel normal and able to function. your brain then adjusts to feeling a reward just by feeling "normal" because otherwise you feel like total shit. and your "normal" isn't even normal - you're barely there, pretty much on auto-pilot enough to function. that is the true nature once addiction really sets in.
Can I get an Amen? Spot the fuck on!

Maybe not when addicted, but it takes me a couple days to get the buzz I enjoy. Maybe I dose too high tho, a common problem I have with opioids, but I get less side effects after at least a day maybe two. Addiction though, that's just using to not get sick mostly. No fun.

Aside from the side-effects, what I've gathered from the accounts of other people, it's relative. When you are baseline and take the drug, it feels nice, perhaps enables you to do some extra. When you're addicted and in terrible withdrawals, it's like a gift from the heavens that allows you to function again. So it's like going from enjoyment level 0 to +10 when not addicted compared to -10 to +10 when you're dependent.

uhhhh no? the longer you use it, the less positive effects you get from it.

To bluntly answer your question: no.

I believe all you're experiencing is simply your body becoming acquainted to using oxy. It's a harsh chemical which is not intended for long term use or abuse. I personally love taking opiates after a long break simply because of the lowering of my tolerance, I get higher.

No, the highs get shorter and shorter and you are doing it to just feel normal. I remembrer my first time on some Oxycodone 5mg, six of them so 30mg....they were about 6/7 years old but pretty sure they didn't loose any potency, It was the BEST feeling ever, felt like I was floating/melting into bed for 5/6 hours then is just graduallly wore off, not I think I did have a headache the next morning. Also my first few times with Lortabs taking 20-40mg and just laying in bed saying this is the most wonderful thing! Same feeling as the oxy. BUT, I NEVER got that feeling back after the first 10 times or using or so no matter what it was. So no, opiates are better taking sparingly, way better buzz, last hours and hours, and you don't have to go hunt for more to feel normal agian the next morning...

I understand this is the nature of addiction, but I have to disagree about the being on autopilot part. I kept up my habit for months and only raised my dose very slowly over time. I truly felt better than I do without it, and I wouldn't say I was on "autopilot." If anything I was more there because I wasn't so miserable. Yes I felt like shit when it was gone though

No, the highs get shorter and shorter and you are doing it to just feel normal. I remembrer my first time on some Oxycodone 5mg, six of them so 30mg....they were about 6/7 years old but pretty sure they didn't loose any potency, It was the BEST feeling ever, felt like I was floating/melting into bed for 5/6 hours then is just graduallly wore off, not I think I did have a headache the next morning. Also my first few times with Lortabs taking 20-40mg and just laying in bed saying this is the most wonderful thing! Same feeling as the oxy. BUT, I NEVER got that feeling back after the first 10 times or using or so no matter what it was. So no, opiates are better taking sparingly, way better buzz, last hours and hours, and you don't have to go hunt for more to feel normal agian the next morning...

30mg is a ton for someone with no tolerance. I've only taken that much at once after about 2 months of using straight. Maybe our use is different? My body just kind of aches all the time and I wake up every morning feeling soooo shitty. I wouldn't call it pain, but it's a grogginess that never seems to go away and I just feel trapped in my body. Oxycodone takes that all away and I feel.. normal. Sure it feels great but I don't use it to lay in bed like you described. I found I could go on months doing this and getting the desired effect. The worst problem is that it doesn't last as long