• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is nitrous really that good?

iaou

Bluelighter
I’ve tried nitrous many times now (only from whipped cream not the cartridges) and it doesn’t do anything for me. I’m always hearing about how “it’s the most euphoric drug” and stuff like that but it doesn’t do anything for me. I did hear that it effects GABA and I do have a huge tolerance to gabapentin so maybe thats it. Has anyone else had a experience like this?

It’s the same for me, never really got that much from it and always left me feeling blah afterwards. It kills the high of whatever I’m on too. Not a fan.

-GC

Nitrous can be very euphoric, sometimes even overwhelmingly so. But, it is pretty difficult to use. In order to get to that state you have to use cartridge after cartridge, back to back, until you reach a sufficient N20 blood level.

This is also the level where it gets very psychedelic. It can be pretty mind-blowing, incomprehensibly so, and some of the trips gets forgotten due to the amnestic properties.

What is particularly bizarre is that parts of old forgotten trips can be remembered, even years later, by using nitrous again. It's like the trips are interconnected. Nitrous is like DXM in that it has a number of plateaus. The final plateau of nitrous feels like you are on the brink of death and also on the verge of becoming a god.

These days its hard for me to get that deep into the nitrous void, but it is possible (it would take alot of work to get there). It may be due to my phenibut use, as there is likely some cross tolerance. Since you're taking gabapentin, you might have a similar issue.

In short nitrous can be extremely euphoric, but it takes some learning how to breath the gas and requires cartridge after cartridge. In those peak experiences I've had I'd describe it as being one of the most drugs up there with crack and IV heroin, but those peak experiences are both difficult to achieve and potentially rather dangerous as it could starve the brain of oxygen. It is also rather expensive compared to other drugs especially considering the duration (more similar to crack in that regard).

I was a heavy abuser at one point. I can't use it anymore as it fucks with my lungs, and I'm also worried about the risk of neurological damage.

Its interesting because I am not a big dissociative fan at all. Don't like DXM and not a fan of ketamine or other dissociatives. But nitrous is three drugs in one: an opioid, a benzo and a dissociative, which makes the dissociative part far more comfortable than other dissociatives, with almost no anxiety.

I looooove nitrous but I've only had it from like a 50lbs tank this guy had from a hospital somehow lol. I would lay with a hose and just keep hitting til my ears rang. had my bf put it in my backseat for breaks at work 😜the day no gas flowed out was a very sad one,

I took it at a music festival once. Got fed like 5 of those gas thingys by this super chill super short blue haired girl. Had forgotten I took acid earlier in the night. Got stuck in a loop and "figured out" what the universe really was. It was quite traumatic actually. Im glad I've supressed it lol.

I get it at my dentist and he's very liberal with it. I get wasted then it just wears off. I haven't tried whipits though

I had it during child birth and it was horrid. The pain was more intense I was just tripping balls on top of it. What a crock of shit. I felt too out of it in it. I wouldn’t do it again.

Works wonders at the dentist. I like to compare it to that feeling at the end of your dick when you ejaculate, but its your entire body (sorry for the crude comparison)
It's probably the most intense euphoria you can experience but its very short. Criminally short.
So you'll be eagerly waiting for that cracker to come back around to you when doing whipp-its.

I remember the high getting more intense with each balloon until plateauing and my lips turning blue. You need an oxygen feed along with a continuous feed of N2O to get the most out of it.

Last edited:
You just need one of these. Filtered, fast loading and hose fed.

I used to be a tank guy too, this is as close as you get with whipits.

Cart%20Loader%20open.JPG

Nitrous is a very unique drug. For me, by itself, it's just meh, whatever. It does feel physicallly pleasurable, but it's so short and one-dimensional that I don't bother.

However, when you're on a psychedelic, nitrous can be incredible. Basically what it does is puts you into this thought loop zone where it's like you're privy to all of the questions and answers of the universe, the snake eating its tail, the cosmic joke. It can absolutely stagger me, unreal sorts of experiences that transcend space and time. But you always forget when you come down. Still, it's exhilarating and I enjoy hitting nitrous for a bit from time to time when I'm tripping. I have managed to take away from it into my regular life a certain sense of tragic irony, that what all of this is, is that we are all the universe experiencing itself subjectively in an infinite, interconnected dream as all of these different selves. And the reason for this is because without the dream, all there is is a void of nothingness and loneliness, all alone outside of time and space. So life is the entire point of the universe, the experience, no matter what experience it is, is the entire point. The irony is that so many people seek oblivion, when it was from oblivion that we chose to seek life. I've come back from nitrous laughing at the state of the universe... or humans anyway. We always want what we don't have, and we chase it around and around in circles, like a dog chasing its own tail.

Nitrous: virtually or perhaps actually impossible to describe, but very compelling on occasion. The thing it does to your consciousness is very unique and powerful. But I have never once been able to get any of that psychedelic part of it without already being on a psychedelic when I do it.

The last time I did nitrous, I had taken 2C-B earlier and I was feeling really nice. I hot one charger of nitrous, only one, and instead of the usual effects, instead it was like a switch flipped and felt the most overwhelmingly powerful physical euphoria of my life, it was like I was constantly having an orgasm in terms of the feeling, but it wasn't sexual. It was so strong I couldn't even think or do anything, and it lasted for ;like 5 minutes and started to scare me a little because it was like for a few minutes I put my finger into a pleasure light socket and got pleasurlectrocuted, it felt like maybe it wasn't supposed to be happening, it was too good.

You gotta hit that shit rolling man.

Alone is just ok. Not worth the damage. That shit causes lots of brain damage and knew someone that died hitting it. Be careful.

We would fuck with the crackers lots, but mostly whippets. When coming back from raves we would stop store to store in the middle of the night cleaning them out. End up with a trunk of whip cream bottles. But has to be done on rolls since it vibrates so hard. Especially if slamming bass on top. Smoke a little weed too. Mushrooms or lsd no doubt too. But on rolls the best.

Last edited:
Now after reading the thread I have noticed when I take a ton of benzos before the dentist the gas has me nodding. I fell asleep during a root canal.
Now I feel like driving in town for some whippets

Nitrous its funny for me, just that. But i never tried it with a psychedelic or mdma, this sound very interesting

Is nitrous really that good?
No, not really. More of a novelty.

Alone is just ok. Not worth the damage. That shit causes lots of brain damage and knew someone that died hitting it. Be careful.

Actually nitrous on its own does not cause brain damage, it is not like solvent inhalants, which cause brain damage as part of their effects. It does deplete vitamin B12 when used chronically, and if you don't make sure to also inhale oxygen, you could asphyxiate. If you're breathing repeatedly out and into balloons, without getting oxygen, you will suffer damage from lack of oxygen. Sometimes people die when they have tanks and masks, and fall out while the mask is on, and suffocate. But there is a reason it was the first relaive,y non-toxic anesthesia agent, and why they still use it today in dentistry. If you don't use it chronically, and you make sure to breathe oxygen along with nitrous, it is not going to cause you any damage.

However, it's definitely not worth it by itself, I agree with you there. Just in combination with psychedelics and/or empathogens.

I don’t think nitrous is very gd at all maybe if you don’t wanna use other drugs it could be fun but it is slightly expensive to rly get to any sort of
Strong high and there ain’t much to the high imo

It definitely causes brain damage. Heavy use. The occasional use probably not. However abuse for sure.

What Are the Negative Long-Term Health Effects?

Doing whip-its or abusing noz in any other form has the potential to cause long-term effects on a person’s health. It causes brain cells to die as result of the oxygen deprivation known as hypoxia. The brain damage can be permanent.

A person’s body requires vitamin B12 for normal brain function and nervous system function. It is vital in the formation of healthy red blood cells and DNA. Individuals who use noz regularly reduce their availability of B12. This has an impact on the nerves in both the upper and lower extremities. It oftentimes results in numbers in the toes or fingers, which may or may not be permanent. It is possible for other nerve damage to occur, such as limb spasms.

Brain damage from noz use causes memory loss in some individuals. Although rare, psychological issues are possible, ranging from depression to psychosis. Other long-term effects of the drug include a ringing or buzzing sound in the ears, incontinence, or disruption to the reproductive system. Birth defects are possible when a woman uses nitrous oxide during pregnancy.

Bad drug outside of the occasional treat. If not on rolls or tripping, so not worth it. I knew a kid that died from it. Also have seen soooooo many fall out hitting ballons back in the day. We were at the grateful dead show in 95 and my friend hit a balloon and cracked his skull on the ground and ambulance came. Do not want to talk about all the people being dragged out of raves and XL back in the day. Once the balloons came you would see it.

Oh make sure 100% you are sitting when you do it. Im sure over half the people that got hurt on this drug was from their fall out.

Last edited:
The only time I have really used nitrous is when I was drunk grocery shopping and decided to inhale from the whip cream dispensers in my cart before placing them back on the shelf. It was a somewhat enjoyable 30 second high but not its not really that great. Not to the point that I would actually go spending money on it, that is.

Also, I'm not exactly proud of stealing those whip cream cans, thats not cool. But its walmart so its not like they are gonna go under.