• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

is myspace making us more "americanized"?

dr-ripple said:
myspace sucks ass you know why its myspace I dont like myspace or myspace in genral if you want to touch or see me talk to me in person then myspace comes alive like myspace then I want myspace because others have iut and make you feel like you need it but you dont myspace sucks ass and myspace does suck ass

You say what now...????

To the original point, I think australia started to become 'americanzed' a long long time ago. Think the advent of the sitcom in the 1970's through to this very day, college films of the 80's, the popular music from way back in the 1960's, music videos, fast food restaurants, big macs and coca-cola, commercial radio, teen magazines, fashion the list just goes on and on and on.... ever since american pop culture was able to be translated via the medium of video and print media americanisation has been in full swing

However, I honestly believe Australia has this uncanny, probably sub-concious, ability to mutate these influences and turn them into something unique.

Myspace is really no different than bluelight as many people have already indicated, it is very ego driven sure... but compare myspace profiles of australian users to those of american users and you can really see the difference. Once again Australians have mutated the norm to create a unique strand.

Well its a good idea. Im not going to not use myspace just because its American. Il take bits and pieces out of any culture I like, smosh them all togther, add some beer untill it feels right for me.

the internet in general makes us more americanised

look at how many people use the word "ASS" instead of "ARSE"

I don't like the idea of kissing anyones donkey

but the thought of kissing someones.......

lol

Something like a third of the worlds bandwidth is consumed by this evil monster. So you can blame myspace kiddies for bad pings when playing UT !

I dont think so. I use myspace the same way i use every other website, i only really accept people as friends who i already know, or who i think look interesting and who id like to get to know. I got nothing to promote so i dont promote, i just use it to keep in touch with some people :) pm me if you know me and wanna add me :)

Globalised matey were all unique we want to be know by the next person to be loved. sad but to many people on earth you gotta earn love.