• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Is my ride over? (Suggestions please)

Dysphoric

Bluelighter
Let me start by saying I'm very sensitive to drugs, Especially the Phenylethylamine family. AND I"VE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH ADHD SINCE I WAS 7.

I started using Adderall 20mg Barr. Generics in (Feb 20 something) of last year. I took it mainly cause I got into MLG(Major League Gaming) At a local LAN center here in WA, some of the biggest Halo 3 pros go there (If your familiar with any of them, some of the following go there. Nieghbor, SK, Hysteria, Perplexity, Max, Loki, Tizoxic etc... WA pros) Anyways all the pros use Adderall cause it makes you play like you're on fire. So, I figured I'd get a prescription and try it out. First day I got it, I didn't really expect much (I did do a little research before hand) About 30 mins later I was really motivated to get shit done (I'm very Unmotivated) about 20 mins after flying through some homework I sat down to listen to music.... OMG!!!! MUSIC WAS PURE BLISS! I could feel the music inside of me, I had nothing but tingles blanketing my body. I was listenin to Hold your Colour, by Pendulum. Later on, I also realized how euphoric I was, I was so empathetic, people could have swore I was rolling. For about 3-4 more months I still had all the amazing effects from just 20mg Adderall and I took it 3 times a week, no comedown, nothing but pure bliss.

Positives when I was new to it (1st month through the fourth)
-Strong Euphoria
-Empathy and willingness to forgive others
-Heightened Senses
-Strong Motivation to do anything
-Godlike Appreciation for music
-Softened Ego
-Extreme Confidence
-Extreme Talkativeness
-No comedown

Fast forward to present...

I am currently taking Vyvanse twice a week (Mon or Tue) & (Fri or Sat) I have a prescription for 70mg and take 2-3 pills (Not at once, but spread throught the day, cause Vyvanse only last me about 4-5 hours) on those days. (Usually 80% of those days I just take 2. For people who don't know what Vyvanse is it's (Lisdexamfetamine) and 70mg of Vyvanse is about to 21mg of DextroAmphetamine, because 30% of it's D-Amp, and the other 40mg is Lysine.

My problem right now is that I ended up taking a month in a half break in hopes to lower tolerance, and see what it would be like without any Amp use, because I was tired of feeling dull when I wasn't on it. I wanted to be more consistent. Well, after about a week into the break I already felt better (consistent wise) but the next three weeks didn't increase much.

I just recently started taking it again and I got good effects, but I still experienced a comedown and the next day was dull. I'm tired of the next day or two being dull, another thing that I'm most concerned about is my appreciation for music. I still love music on Vyvanse, because I still get a lot of tingles and blissfulness from it, but the days I'm not on it, music is boring and I can't feel it. Even after a month cessation I couldn't feel music like I could before Adderall or Vyvanse.

I don't want to stop taking it all together because I'm in my Senior Year of HS and I need to use it for getting motivated. And plus I still like the effects I get from it, is there any way to make the next day completely fine? Supplements? I know working out helps, but I take Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, although I do have a membership at the academy, I haven't been there for about 1-2 months because I started smoking cigarettes more often and that class requires a lot of cardio, thus I have to quite smoking of course.

BTW I take L-Tyrosine about 1gm...

One last question that has been bothering me.... What makes the next few days boring and dull as hell? I would assume from the lack of extra dopamine, but if I'm taking L-tyrosine why the hell is the next day still dull? Should I take more Tyrosine? Like the title says... Suggestions, cause I don't want to stop Amps altogether yet.

Last edited:
Serotonergic activity perhaps? Look into 5-htp

I've taken 5-htp. Don't notice much. As far as I know, D-Amp doesn't really effect Serotonin, I read that it works with it indirectly. I do have quite a bit 5-htp laying around. I'm desperate, so I might as well try. Anymore advice would be nice.

^^^
I don't really know much about amps but your experience sounds like a classical amphetamine addiction in my humble (and uneducated) opinion. It sounds like you're doing everything you can to make the comedown and dullness as good as possible, but I just don't think there is any way around it.

When you take the drug, it dumps the dopamine and norepinephrine reserves which leads to all of the positive effects that you mentioned. After you get that release, there is likely to be a downtime or refractory period and the only thing that you can do is ride it out.

I've run into similar problems with opiate abuse. I can keep chasing the high and the positive effects, but there is always hell to pay later. You usually can't get something for nothing when it comes to drugs, especially classical feel good drugs like opiates and amphetamines.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say that your ride is likely over :(

^^^
I don't really know much about amps but your experience sounds like a classical amphetamine addiction in my humble (and uneducated) opinion. It sounds like you're doing everything you can to make the comedown and dullness as good as possible, but I just don't think there is any way around it.

When you take the drug, it dumps the dopamine and norepinephrine reserves which leads to all of the positive effects that you mentioned. After you get that release, there is likely to be a downtime or refractory period and the only thing that you can do is ride it out.

I've run into similar problems with opiate abuse. I can keep chasing the high and the positive effects, but there is always hell to pay later. You usually can't get something for nothing when it comes to drugs, especially classical feel good drugs like opiates and amphetamines.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say that your ride is likely over :(

AFAIK. The supplements I'm taking (Tyrosine) Restores Nor-Ep and Dopamine...

Amphetamines eventually become a dysphoric experience. Whether it's the comedown or the acute effects, it will happen if you use/over use it.

It's best to use it once in a while when you absolutely need it. Living dependent on amphetamine must be horrible, I've never been able to bring myself to such a condition.

Amphetamines eventually become a dysphoric experience. Whether it's the comedown or the acute effects, it will happen if you use/over use it.

It's best to use it once in a while when you absolutely need it. Living dependent on amphetamine must be horrible, I've never been able to bring myself to such a condition.

Twice a week? I wouldn't call that a dependance, :p and if you read my post, you'd see that I took about a 45 day break. And it was pretty easy.

BTW my username is not the way I feel. I just like the word, and it's now my XBL gamertag.

Twice a week? I wouldn't call that a dependance, :p and if you read my post, you'd see that I took about a 45 day break. And it was pretty easy.

BTW my username is not the way I feel. I just like the word, and it's now my XBL gamertag.

Well no, probably not at twice a week. I was referring to every day use. I am sorry I missed that about your post.

If you abuse amphetamine to the max it will be dysphoric, but that's not what you're doing.

:)

I'd say it's pretty clear then that you've lost the magic. You used to have no comedown when you first started, but now after a 45 day break you still experience it. Honestly there isn't any miracle cure that's going to re-alter your brain chemistry back to the way it was when you first started using amphetamine. Obviously something has changed and if 45 days didn't bring it back then the only thing you can do is try a longer break, and that STILL isn't likely to fix the problem.

captain heroin-- dont be embarrassed, most of us only skim the amph threads.

haha but your a moderator, we expect more from you.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater Two, and Super Mario Allstars.

Those are the video games you will play from now on.

OP, yes finally I will offer something useful, its called the "Honeymoon" period, it happens with just about every/any drug, for the first couple months of use (infrequent or not) you feel all the euphoria and positive affects of a drug but no side effects...

as you continue to use you will get less euphoria and more side effects.

I remember playing H2 on adderall and wondering if the pros like walshy (i don't pay attention to any pro players now, halo has lost its magic for me since h3) used it. It makes you lock that shit down.

Sorry for not answering your question, btw. I'm amphetamine impaired.

OP, yes finally I will offer something useful, its called the "Honeymoon" period, it happens with just about every/any drug, for the first couple months of use (infrequent or not) you feel all the euphoria and positive affects of a drug but no side effects...

as you continue to use you will get less euphoria and more side effects.
Hit the nail on the head.

Yup..there's your answer. Just like us opiate junkies who can only afford to take so much just to maintain a "normal" feeling. Your brain just downregulates because of the drugs you are forcing on it. I don't know about amphetamines, but maybe if you take a longer break you can lower your tolerance just enough to feel them again. With opiates, tolerance seems to be almost permanent.

Welcome to the world of drugs, you have just reached tolerance level 100... to get out of this, IMO, buy some coke and take your amphetamines with it, if you really need the boost switch over to dextroamphetamine.

Vyvance loses its touch if you use high doses on a regular basis. Take a longer then normal break and it has a pleasant side once again. The best parts come back on good days to be honest, and sometimes its just not that fun.

I disagree about the day after, while im not as interested in whats going on inside my head I feel like a smarter and funnier person without vyvance clogging my mind, so i love days where i dont take it.

Cut your dose...over 140mg and ur tolerance will destory the experiance for you very rapidly, this is just a stupid dose of vyvance (don't give me that 30% garbage, its not a perfect transition from one to the other, over 140 is insane).

Smoke weed on it...omg.

it does become a dysphoric experience, from first hand experience. it's the same as any drug addiction really. once you've been using for so long and not getting the positivee any longer, it's going to plateau then start getting dysphoric and all the negatives far outweigh and positives you're getting from the drug. don't fool yourself and keep chasing it, because you won't catch it.

the only thing that changes it is a long abstinence from the drug; i'm talking like 12-18 months kind of thing, not just a couple of weeks or months. a good break. give your body time to recover, while still taking all those supplements if you wish.

if there was a magical remedy to get around this, we'd all know about it by now. alas time to recover is the answer

Yup..there's your answer. Just like us opiate junkies who can only afford to take so much just to maintain a "normal" feeling. Your brain just downregulates because of the drugs you are forcing on it. I don't know about amphetamines, but maybe if you take a longer break you can lower your tolerance just enough to feel them again. With opiates, tolerance seems to be almost permanent.

even after a long extended break, much like opiates, your tolerance will rise back up to where it was in no time if you use continuously again. it's not just privvy to opiates, but all drugs in my experience.