• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Is my friend doing something really dumb?

supersoup

Bluelighter
Okay, first of all, this is ACTUALLY about a friend of mine, I'm not just trying to cover my ass or use an alternative for "SWIM" or whatever. So, a close friend of mine is going out to a party and for some reason he insists on doing a BUNCH of drugs on the same night. His current list for a single night is ecstasy/MDMA (tested by me), xanax, alcohol (I think just beer), and weed. He's planning on taking a little xanax with his ecstasy, waiting for his roll to die down, taking a little more xanax and drinking beer. Knowing him, he's going to be smoking weed throughout the whole night. Now for my question, I don't really know much about how all of these drugs will interact but it doesn't seem safe to me. How dangerous is this? What should I tell him? If I can't convince him otherwise, is there at least a safer way he could be taking these drugs? Thanks bluelight.

Well first tell him not to take Xanax with MDMA it will just kill the experience and I'd hate to see real MDMA go to waste.

I'm not sure how much Xanax would react with MDMA but I doubt it would be dangerous besides killing the roll. Now Xanax and alcohol is a pretty bad combo, it won't kill him if he goes easy on each but it can cause blackouts very easily which, seems to me, like a recipe for disaster when on a high dose of a stimulant.

Also I've heard of people tripping when smoking weed on MDMA so prepare for that possibility. Poly drug use is never good for the body and I'd try to recommend that he at least takes the Xanax or alcohol out of this mix.

Sims92 is speaking nonsense.

Besides combining alcohol and xanax being a dangerous possibly lethal combo due to respiratory depression if used recklessly. The alcohol with ecstasy can cause dehydration faster. If they stick to one drink maybe two, and by drink I mean beer, wine, or cider. If they are a regular drinker a quarter to half of what is a casual night not heavy.

Really though you are overacting most likely. It sounds like your friend is not being careless going all out. Just mention your concern and that you would feel more comfortable if they reassured you that they are being careful and not going for a heavy use night, which it doesn't sound like if the dose is realistic.

Ps I recommend 1.5 mg/kg followed by 0.5 mg/kg 3-4 hours into the roll if it is 100% MDMA HCL crystal you are using or pill press you know the dose of and can break into the dose that is right

Edit : Xanax will not kill, but severely reduce the strength of the roll. It can also impare memory and lead to memory blackouts. I bet MDMA could synergize with the xanax and induce the memory blackouts although I am completely guessing here.

I agree with the other posters, combining Xanax with MDMA just seems like a waste as it will probably dull the roll. The only other part that could be construed as dumb is combining Xanax with alcohol - it's an easy recipe for a blackout, and even possibly dangerous respiratory depression, as tacodude also pointed out.

My suggestion for your friend would be to save the Xanax for when he is coming down from the roll, nix the alcohol altogether, smoke weed to his hearts content, and make sure to stay hydrated through the night. Or, he could have a few drinks during/after the roll (alcohol and MDMA is a nice combo) and forego the Xanax - just stay away from mixing benzos and alcohol. Although, MDMA really doesn't need any help IMO, except maybe a bit of weed :). Just my suggestion though.

Not sure what the heck sims92 is talking about, combining adderall with MDMA is definitely dumb.

The only thing that concerns me would be mixing xanax with alcohol especially if he has a low tolerance to benzos in the first place.

Weed can be mixed with (almost) every substance safely. Of course weed effects different people differently so he should keep that in mind.

MDMA I found for me personally was best by itself then when I was coming down I'd smoke a bit of weed.

Of course if your friend decides to proceed with his plan anyways you should keep a eye on him as any good friend would.

Have fun and be safe!

Nothing worse then having to babysit someone that don't know how to use drugs!

Yes, but keeping an eye on the people you know are intoxicated to make sure they are ok is what responsible friends do.

Maybe you should go with him. Yes, it sucks babysitting a wasted person but you might save his ass. For all we know this dude could be little and therefore all this would hit him like a ton of bricks. But even if he isn't you should consider going with him, but don't use any drugs/drink if you don't want to. And you don't have to tell him why you're there.

As for how stupid it may be, well.. I have no room to say anything.

I dunno your friend's experience level with mdma or benzos but honestly I am prescribed enough drugs to a day to kill the average greenlighter.

I would count the weed out as a drug that would interact negatively. I take benzos every day and have for over a decade now but I have an rx so I have rolled taking benzos and smoking weed, probably drank too which I would not advise because of dehydration from mdma.

That being said "alot of drugs" is really relative to the individual.

Also the main thing here is it is not your job to babysit someone elses drug use. I assume you are an adult. Once you are an adult you are responsible for your own self. I wouldn't let someone shoot to much heroin if they didn't know what they were doing for example but that is a bit different than this.

You are essentially saying your friend plans to take mdma and pop a few pills throughout the night and smoke a lil weed. Sounds like a night out on the town for me.

I would stop lecturing your friend. Saying it once is enough. If they are going to listen they will otherwise they will end up laughing at your advice (not out loud) but they won't take you seriously when they are about to do something really really dumb. Like lets say they never did heroin and want to do a whole bag at once. That is when they are going to need you to talk some sense into them.

So basically adults can do whatever they want. I dunno if this friend is someone you are involved with sexually to where you care this much but if you are close I would pick my battles. That is my opinion. Also it is not like these specific drugs interact. They might kinda cancel the effects of each other.

But once again its not your problem and it will probably end up pushing your friend away and if you care about them just be there and well if it goes to far then intervene. The thing about drug use, abuse and addiction even though this isn't addiction is that you can't really stop someone. You can sit back and watch and care all you want and it is not going to change person's mind.

I personally pushed away people in my life that would say I did too much drugs and ended up hanging with people who did more and people who either did not care or did not verbalize it. I had a gf who I know disapproved and her being their would hold me back as I was doing alot of coke and drinking almost a quart of vodka daily. She was supportive when I when to detox and afterwards. If she had pushed when I was using I would have probably left her, so that is my personal experience with that type of thing.

I dunno your friend's experience level with mdma or benzos but honestly I am prescribed enough drugs to a day to kill the average greenlighter.

I would count the weed out as a drug that would interact negatively. I take benzos every day and have for over a decade now but I have an rx so I have rolled taking benzos and smoking weed, probably drank too which I would not advise because of dehydration from mdma.

That being said "alot of drugs" is really relative to the individual.

Also the main thing here is it is not your job to babysit someone elses drug use. I assume you are an adult. Once you are an adult you are responsible for your own self. I wouldn't let someone shoot to much heroin if they didn't know what they were doing for example but that is a bit different than this.

You are essentially saying your friend plans to take mdma and pop a few pills throughout the night and smoke a lil weed. Sounds like a night out on the town for me.

I would stop lecturing your friend. Saying it once is enough. If they are going to listen they will otherwise they will end up laughing at your advice (not out loud) but they won't take you seriously when they are about to do something really really dumb. Like lets say they never did heroin and want to do a whole bag at once. That is when they are going to need you to talk some sense into them.

So basically adults can do whatever they want. I dunno if this friend is someone you are involved with sexually to where you care this much but if you are close I would pick my battles. That is my opinion. Also it is not like these specific drugs interact. They might kinda cancel the effects of each other.

But once again its not your problem and it will probably end up pushing your friend away and if you care about them just be there and well if it goes to far then intervene. The thing about drug use, abuse and addiction even though this isn't addiction is that you can't really stop someone. You can sit back and watch and care all you want and it is not going to change person's mind.

I personally pushed away people in my life that would say I did too much drugs and ended up hanging with people who did more and people who either did not care or did not verbalize it. I had a gf who I know disapproved and her being their would hold me back as I was doing alot of coke and drinking almost a quart of vodka daily. She was supportive when I when to detox and afterwards. If she had pushed when I was using I would have probably left her, so that is my personal experience with that type of thing.

You have a very good point about adults being responsible for themselves. But OP says this person is a close friend and it's human nature to want to help someone you care about, age is irrelevant.

If one of my close friends was new to drugs or had no tolerance to benzos I would NOT let them do this combination alone at a party full of strangers. Alcohol and benzos can kill a person, blah blah. We know all this but many people don't unfortunately. That's why we are here, for the sake of HR I don't think it's a bad idea for OP to tag along and keep an eye on them, not breathing down his neck all night saying don't do this don't do that. But if they see him stumbling around wasted and about to take more drugs OP could help him by getting him water or something instead.

If your buddy was drunk/high and was aim to go drive, would you let him do it just because he's an adult? Nah.

My two cents.

Last edited:
Yeah but your example is not the scenario now is it? That is not really a valid point.

Your situation involves preventing someone from committing a crime. This is just drug use not dui or worse. Bartenders often threaten to call the law on people who plan to drive drunk. Drunk driving kills people and that is different.

I did used to take a friends keys when he was fucked up on opiates and benzos until he sobered up and it was not because we were that close, it was because what he was doing put other peoples lives in danger. Anyways he is actually facing vehicular homicide, manslaughter, homicide, and dui charges after hitting a car filled with politicians and killing a few. I don't want get to specific because you could probably figure out who he is and he hasn't had his day in court and he could have been sober that day for all I know.

I am sorry but if you were to tell me how many drugs I could do I might accidentley call you Mom because my mother is the only person who asks what and how much I am taking and I tell her I am being careful and she goes about her business or talks about something else. Anything more than just asking if someone is being safe is going to make someone push you away.

If you want to push away a friend and not be there when they actually need help go ahead but I would say pick your battles.

The point is, both situations can be dangerous and it has nothing to do with crime prevention. It's harm reduction, and my example certainly was pertinent to the situation at hand. Would you let someone who has no toletance drink 10 beers after Xanaxs knowing it might kill them?

OP, do what you feel is best. You know your friend better than we do obviously. Some personalities, like dopemaster, don't take kindly to that kind of advice and that's perfectly fine. Others may be more receptive. Either way what you're feeling is normal, drugs may seem intimidating to someone who doesn't know much about them.

I've partied quite a bit so I know that many don't stop after "a few beers" or "a couple of pills." And if they do get sick or wake up with poorly drawn penises all over their face, don't be an asshole and say "I told you so."

Peace

yeah, what slutty peach said. Be one of the people drawing the penises!

Thanks for the advice guys, I've decided to go with him just to make sure he doesn't drink too much and has a ride home. I use a lot of drugs as well, I just don't know much about combining them and wanted to make sure he's going to be safe (at least relatively so).

Awsomeness.... A sober driver who is happy to come keep a friend safe getting them home safe is the best. I bet your friend will really appreciate it especially if you go when they are ready not you.

Besides combining alcohol and xanax being a dangerous possibly lethal combo due to respiratory depression if used recklessly. The

You would have to take quite a lot of Xanax and a lot of alcohol to worry about respiratory depression. The risks of respiratory depression are much more associated with opiates and especially the opiate/benzo combo.

------

As for thread topic, I don't see too much of an issue, but it really depends on the doses and when he's taking them. I personally don't like to drink or take benzos in combination with ecstasy or other psychedelics/hallucinogens. I feel like it dulls the experience and the effects. I always smoke weed with any drug and I've always liked that.

If he were to have 1 or 2 drinks, then roll, and smoke weed throughout I don't really see the harm in that. You'd have to take the same precautions as normal, but as long as he doesn't get out of control when he smokes or drinks I think it'd be ok. If he was going to add in Xanax as well then I would wait to take that at the end of the roll. He'd be a lot better off waiting until the E pill has worn off and he's on the comedown. At that point Xanax can be a welcome addition. If he had it on him during the roll as a precaution in case it started going in a bad direction that would be ok, but like I already mentioned taking it while rolling will probably dilute the effects. Also, when I mention dosing on Xanax I'm assuming he's taking a reasonable dose; something to get rid of anxiety and/or help sleep/relax. Taking several milligrams without a tolerance is pretty dumb regardless of what other drugs he's on.

Edit: Dopemaster seems to have nailed it

I've combined xanax and alcohol one time in my life, at a Halloween party. This is what happened (As I was told by people the next day. Don't remember much of it at all.)

- Arrive at party, pop 4mg of xanax and start drinking.

- Smoked a few blunts and proceeded to jump in a mosh pit while a metal band was on stage. Broke a guys nose.

- left the barn the concert was in and headed towards the house.

- Met up with a friend and his girl inside and proceeded to drink/smoke more.

- My friend left to go see the concert, and I apperantly fucked his girlfriend in his mother's bedroom. At this point my memory starts to fade. I remember her taking my pants off, so I dont blame myself completely for this. She seemed way more sober than me.

-Friend of said friend noticed and went and got my friend from the concert and he came inside the house mad as hell as expected. He pulled a knife out on me apperantly and my cousin proceeded to pull a pistol on him. We all got kicked out/left since we obviously weren't welcomed at this point lol

-it was an hour drive back to my parents house, and by the time we got there I was coming out of the blackout phase yet still wasted all to hell. I tried to act normal as hard as I could walking inside, but proceeded to fall in my living room and knock my father's $1500 brand new TV off the stand and totally destroy it.

-parents woke up and we're furious. Kicked me out the next morning. I ended up couch surfing/sleeping outside homeless as fuck for six months.

I've refrained from combining benzos with alcohol ever since lol my buddy and I are friends again, after he realized how fucked up I was that night.Thats probably one of the most regretful nights of my life. But shit happens you know. Id suggest he doesn't drink on top of the xanax. My story isn't anywhere near as bad as some of my friend's who've mixed the two. One of which is sitting inside a federal prison for a night out on xanax/liquor which resulted in his ex girlfriend's car getting doused with gasoline and lit on fire, and a high speed chase which ended in him wrapping around a tree and getting tazed. Lol.